Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
To be top 5 all time? Probably not. Which isn’t a knock on him at all. But MJ or Lebron in their primes were absolutely dominant on both ends of the floor. The only guys in the league currently capable of that right now are Kawhi and maybe AD.
Expect Kevin Durant to tweet at you mercilessly, now.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Magic Johnson
Wilt Chamberlain

Who's he kicking out?
Lebron

Kawhi is the best two way player in the league and it isn’t even close. He doesn’t have the personality of some of the other guys out there and misses 30 games a season but when it counts, there are very few better.
He gets to play defense cause he’s never the focal point on offense, he’s not the guy creating everything. In SA/Toronto he was in the system getting points and gets to chose when to play defense. Lebron is a way better defender when locked in than him as is Giannis both being better two way players. His offense is overrated as well dude can’t create for others that’s why his career high in assists is 4.9. No way he’s a better two way player than lebron/Giannis and I’d he switched roles with Harden he’d be exposed

Also Kawhi leaving that Toronto team will hurt his legacy that could’ve been looking at multiple championships. Clippers play iso and PG will choke as usual with the overrated coach on the sidelines as well

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also Kawhi leaving that Toronto team will hurt his legacy that could’ve been looking at multiple championships. Clippers play iso and PG will choke as usual with the overrated coach on the sidelines as well
The days of players changing franchises affecting their legacy are in the past. No one cared when Lebron won his first two ships in Miami before moving back for the one in Cleveland or when Kawhi won one in Toronto after leaving Pop just like no one will care when Luka leaves Dallas for the Lakers in seven or when Dame eventually gets his ring playing for a more functional franchise than the Blazers.

The days of players changing franchises affecting their legacy are in the past. No one cared when Lebron won his first two ships in Miami before moving back for the one in Cleveland or when Kawhi won one in Toronto after leaving Pop just like no one will care when Luka leaves Dallas for the Lakers in seven or when Dame eventually gets his ring playing for a more functional franchise than the Blazers.
I mean cause before he got there nobody truly understood how good that raptor team was. We all thought he took a bunch of chokers to a ring but look at the this year and there record last year when he didn’t play. He was playing on a great team that we thought was average. If he stayed and won 2-3 more rings he’d be in the top 5 all time, now everyone knows how good that raptors team was and is.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Doncic will be a top 5 player of all time when he’s done.

Come at me
C'mon man.

He's already a super star but top 5 all time is an almost unreachable group to join.

Duncan, Dr J, Bird, Kobe, the logo himself Jerry West, probably aren't top 5. A guy like Steph Curry probably isn't top 15.

Right now he's arguably top 5, 1st team All NBA. But historically we'll all have to wait. Better win some rings.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean cause before he got there nobody truly understood how good that raptor team was. We all thought he took a bunch of chokers to a ring but look at the this year and there record last year when he didn’t play. He was playing on a great team that we thought was average. If he stayed and won 2-3 more rings he’d be in the top 5 all time, now everyone knows how good that raptors team was and is.
I’m not so sure it will though. The season after Webb had his knee surgery and we were running off win after win with a Brad Miller-Vlade frontcourt doesn’t mean that we didn’t need Webber in 2001 or 2002. What the Raptors are doing this season is awesome but we’ll see if they’ll be able to make a deep run without the closer that they had in Kawhi.

C'mon man.

He's already a super star but top 5 all time is an almost unreachable group to join.

Duncan, Dr J, Bird, Kobe, the logo himself Jerry West, probably aren't top 5. A guy like Steph Curry probably isn't top 15.

Right now he's arguably top 5, 1st team All NBA. But historically we'll all have to wait. Better win some rings.
Lol Kobe

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Do you remember who the starting backcourt of the 2006-07 Cleveland Cavaliers was? Because I do. LeBron James dragged Larry Hughes and Eric Snow to the NBA Finals. Let me know when Luka Doncic does anything that impressive.
Not only that, his big men were the desiccated husk of Big Z and Drew Gooden. The worst starting five in NBA Finals history.

That's embarrassing.

Probably part of why NBA ratings are plummeting. Soft as s____.

How can you toss an All Star in a playoff game for that?
Draymond Green will undress refs again next year with no techs. Absolutely disgusting what’s going on Portland stands no chance as well this will be LA vs LA

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kawhi just emotes to the ref and no Tech. How about we get rid of Technicals fouls altogether?
I’m not advocating a return to 80s Bad Boys Pistons style reffing but it does seem like there are more dumb whistles now than at any other time in league history. Also if fouls in the act of shooting threes were called in the 90s as much as they are now, Reggie Miller would have had multiple scoring titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.