Westbrook traded to Houston

Unpopular opinion on this one but I like Russ and Harden together. Both are going to have a chip on their shoulders trying to prove the doubters wrong. I think we can all agree this was run by Harden before the trigger got pulled, Harden must have signed off on it. If both can sacrifice they’re up there with the best in the West.

Russ and Harden have won two of the last three MVP’s. I think they figure out a way to play together

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Unpopular opinion on this one but I like Russ and Harden together. Both are going to have a chip on their shoulders trying to prove the doubters wrong. I think we can all agree this was run by Harden before the trigger got pulled, Harden must have signed off on it. If both can sacrifice they’re up there with the best in the West.

Russ and Harden have won two of the last three MVP’s. I think they figure out a way to play together
Russ ain’t changing. Harden probably won’t. But I know for certain Russ won’t.

While I dislike Houston a little less now that they no longer have the vile flopper Chris Paul. I don’t know how the two biggest stat padders of this era will co-exist. Capela now has to box out his man and Westbrick. I think he was there when Westbrook blocked his own teammate so he can have a crack at achieving..something

I’m more impressed by the Thunder who have 75% of all the future first round selections for the next 120 years.

Didn't really work for the Celtics. There is a reason you go for the star, youth, and picks package. Spread the risk around a little and don't put all your eggs in one basket. Presti just gave up 2 MVP candidates for ??? when the draft just became a total crap shoot due to rules changes. It might work out but it's possible he won't be around to see it.

I actually like this for Houston. Hopefully they run the old ass lakers out of the building
Like it got Houston, just curious how he and harden can coexist. Arguably the 2 most ball dominant guys in the league . Really like this for OKC. Presti is killing in terms of laying the groundwork for the rebuild. Kudos to him for seeing this current team was going nowhere and to blow it up sooner than later.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Didn't really work for the Celtics. There is a reason you go for the star, youth, and picks package. Spread the risk around a little and don't put all your eggs in one basket. Presti just gave up 2 MVP candidates for ??? when the draft just became a total crap shoot due to rules changes. It might work out but it's possible he won't be around to see it.
Maybe Presti is counting on five or six of those draft picks to merge to form a superstar, like Captain Planet?

Could be lethal, could be a mess. Either way will be entertaining

They weren’t going to get a star, youth and picks for Westbrook, but got some good, potentially great picks. They got youth, a pretty good player and a boatload of picks for George. Personally I think they made out better than expected,

They weren’t going to get a star, youth and picks for Westbrook, but got some good, potentially great picks. They got youth, a pretty good player and a boatload of picks for George. Personally I think they made out better than expected,
Who is to say, but if that's the case, then he needs to start wheeling and dealing some of those pick ASAP. It could work but he should ask Danny Ainge about hoarding down the line future 1st's. Ainge sat on those picks because he couldn't get the value he wanted either or teams held him to a higher standard because of how many he had and he may very well have missed his window because of it. I'd probably rather sit on an MVP candidate than a bunch of picks so far down the line that it's true value can't be gauged. The deals are better than shooting for mediocrity like the Kings made examples of in the past but these trades aren't wins at the moment and if they become wins it's entirely determined by chance and other teams.

Who is to say, but if that's the case, then he needs to start wheeling and dealing some of those pick ASAP. It could work but he should ask Danny Ainge about hoarding down the line future 1st's. Ainge sat on those picks because he couldn't get the value he wanted either or teams held him to a higher standard because of how many he had and he may very well have missed his window because of it. I'd probably rather sit on an MVP candidate than a bunch of picks so far down the line that it's true value can't be gauged. The deals are better than shooting for mediocrity like the Kings made examples of in the past but these trades aren't wins at the moment and if they become wins it's entirely determined by chance and other teams.
The market said so
Ainge sat on those picks and failed because 1. He thought he was going to be able to replicate what he did with KG/Allen and 2. Because, like you mentioned, he overvalued his picks just like he does with all his assets . I personally think Presti is playing the long game. Build through the draft then once you get to a point where you need an experienced piece, make a trade. These picks, especially the MIA and LAC unprotected/swaps could be crazy (and run up to ‘26) , especially in light of Leonard’s short deal. Could also blow up in his face, but the fact of the matter is that that team was not going anywhere and they didn’t really have the means to improve it enough to do so. This was their only, and best, option imo