Welcome Tyrese Haliburton

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The last thing I want to do is raise the expectations on this kid so high that automatic disappointment is built in. Like any rookie he'll need some time to adjust to the speed and physicality of the NBA, but I do think he'll adjust quicker than most. He's one of the smartest players I've seen in a long time, and that, combined with his talent should speed up the process. He's a pass first PG who seldom makes a bad pass. Leave him open on the perimeter and you'll pay the price.

As I've said before, he needs to get stronger, but that's about it. He's a student of the game who constantly works on his game. He's a gym rat who loves to watch game film. His teammates love playing with him. As I said, I think he's the best player in this draft and I'll stick with that. He has those intangibles that don't show up on a stat sheet, even though he's quite capable of filling up a stat sheet. I can't wait for the season to start.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Picked this up somewhere......

"
After Tyrese Haliburton broke his wrist in February, he took over the role of coach, helping lead the Iowa State scout team in practice every day and also having an active voice in film study. During games, he was just as lively and engaged on the sideline as when he was playing.
“He has the same spirt every day,” Iowa State coach Steve Prohm says. “He’s upbeat. He communicates. He’s fun to be around, and (in the NBA) he’ll be a sponge around those older guys and those veteran guys to learn.”
The Sacramento Kings selected Haliburton with the 12th pick in the NBA Draft on Wednesday, and right away they are getting one of the best teammates in the league."

Sounds ok to me
I think everyone should know that in that game when he broke his wrist, he continued to play with that broken wrist for another 3 to 5 minutes before being pulled from the game. This kid is a gamer. Don't let that thin body fool you, he's tough as doornails, and yet, one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

I think everyone should know that in that game when he broke his wrist, he continued to play with that broken wrist for another 3 to 5 minutes before being pulled from the game. This kid is a gamer. Don't let that thin body fool you, he's tough as doornails, and yet, one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.
Do you envision Tyrese being the eventual starter next to Fox? Assuming Buddy is on the roster, he will be the third or 4th guard initially. What about long term?

Do you envision Tyrese being the eventual starter next to Fox? Assuming Buddy is on the roster, he will be the third or 4th guard initially. What about long term?
Not to speak for Baja but Haliburton is just about the perfect compliment to De'Aaron. He adds shooting, defense and is a tremendous secondary playmaker who can also be the primary playmaker when Fox rests.

He, Fox, and Buddy will be a great three guard rotation with Tyrese very likely coming off the bench. But if (when?) Buddy is traded Hali will start at SG.

Baja may disagree but what I see in Haliburton is not necessarily star potential, but the ability to be a premier glue guy that elevates the whole team. He may never average 20 ppg as he isn't great at creating his own shot and is sub par as a finisher, though he should get better if he's able to add strength/weight.

But Haliburton is kind of like what people hoped Lonzo Ball would be (great passer, great ball mover, very smart/instinctual player, good rebounder for a PG, good defender, funky shot but it goes in etc) with a bit of Shae Gilgeous-Alexander thrown in.

He's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Baja may disagree but what I see in Haliburton is not necessarily star potential, but the ability to be a premier glue guy that elevates the whole team. He may never average 20 ppg as he isn't great at creating his own shot and is sub par as a finisher, though he should get better if he's able to add.
I agree completely. I watched a bunch of his games and even his coach insinuated he isn’t a star but a guy that will win you a ton of games.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Not to speak for Baja but Haliburton is just about the perfect compliment to De'Aaron. He adds shooting, defense and is a tremendous secondary playmaker who can also be the primary playmaker when Fox rests.

He, Fox, and Buddy will be a great three guard rotation with Tyrese very likely coming off the bench. But if (when?) Buddy is traded Hali will start at SG.

Baja may disagree but what I see in Haliburton is not necessarily star potential, but the ability to be a premier glue guy that elevates the whole team. He may never average 20 ppg as he isn't great at creating his own shot and is sub par as a finisher, though he should get better if he's able to add strength/weight.

But Haliburton is kind of like what people hoped Lonzo Ball would be (great passer, great ball mover, very smart/instinctual player, good rebounder for a PG, good defender, funky shot but it goes in etc) with a bit of Shae Gilgeous-Alexander thrown in.

He's going to be a lot of fun to watch.
I was never all that high on Lonzo Ball so it's a comparison I would shy away from, but I've seen some draft sites characterize him as a poor man's Lonzo Ball to which I say, naw, Lonzo Ball is a poor man's Tyrese Haliburton. :D

New favorite player alert?? Dude actually engineered to come here from this posting on the Lowe show
He comes off as so level headed in interviews crazy to find out he’s such a sick, twisted individual. Or is it possible, in the year where everything is antithetical it’s actually logical to coerce a way to come here. I’m not sure what makes sense anymore.

I was never all that high on Lonzo Ball so it's a comparison I would shy away from, but I've seen some draft sites characterize him as a poor man's Lonzo Ball to which I say, naw, Lonzo Ball is a poor man's Tyrese Haliburton. :D
To my layman man's eye test, he reminds me the most of Sean Livingston before he got injured.

He comes off as so level headed in interviews crazy to find out he’s such a sick, twisted individual. Or is it possible, in the year where everything is antithetical it’s actually logical to coerce a way to come here. I’m not sure what makes sense anymore.
Its always the ones you least suspect :D:cool:

I know what you mean. Up is suddenly down. Cats are hanging out with dogs. Its complete anarchy.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Sounds like a level-headed nice kid. Glad to have you on board!

Okay, now I'm fully on board. I was trying to figure out who this kid reminds me of and I can't quite place it but he's already got the voice and demeanor of a workhorse veteran head coach. Also, he's from Wisconsin and was born in 2000 and has never been to California (maybe?) but he name-checked Doug Christie - my favorite player from those early 2000 Kings along with the rest of the lineup? Yo. I see you Tyrese! Respect.

but he name-checked Doug Christie - my favorite player from those early 2000 Kings along with the rest of the lineup? Yo. I see you Tyrese! Respect.
To be fair, he name-checked all 5 starters, plus he said it himself that he's a bit of a NBA history buff. So I wouldn't put too much stock in it...

Like Baja said, try not to get TOOOO excited lol ;):p

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Crazy that the two best draft nights by far for the Kings in recent memory both apparently happened because the kids inexplicably really really wanted to come here for some reason.

somewhere Vlade smiles.
Are we calling 2018 a “best draft night” here? Because I still consider it the biggest trainwreck in modern franchise history.

Or are we talking Fox? I don’t remember if he actually wanted to be here, or was just the last remaining of the Big 5 of his class.