Welcome to the Sacramento Kings, Marvin Bagley III

But that was the measurement of when he was 14. Has anybody confirmed the 7' since he has not taken part in the combine? Look at the pictures, I think that his arms look longer than 7' when comparing him to Carter Jr.
Those arms look plenty long in the pictures, add his insane jump and his playing along side Carter yet still pulling down 11+ boards a game. I think the length question will become a non issue soon enough. Still sorry I don't know how hes recently measured.

But that was the measurement of when he was 14. Has anybody confirmed the 7' since he has not taken part in the combine? Look at the pictures, I think that his arms look longer than 7' when comparing him to Carter Jr.
It's rumored that he has around a 6'11 wingspan. It's widely accepted that he doesn't have a good wingspan. Not sure about standing reach though.

It's rumored that he has around a 6'11 wingspan. It's widely accepted that he doesn't have a good wingspan. Not sure about standing reach though.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marvin-Bagley-85466/

He had a 7'0 wingspan at the US Basketball Development Camp, at the age of 14. I do think that his arms have grown since. While I agree that his wingspan is not great compared to Bamba, Ayton or JJJ, looking at the pictures he could easily be somewhere in the 7'2-7'3.5 range.

Full disclosure: I was completely on the Bagley bandwagon at the start of the NCAA season.

And the thought of some combo of he and WCS and Giles speeding down the court with Fox on the break is nice to think about.
One thing being lost is that, even though the league has changed, due to the stars changing what they bring to the table, you still have a bevy of retread coaches. They get shuffled around, rinse repeat. Until there is a Brad Stevens or Steve Kerr who knows how to win in today's league utilizing a big, the Warrior/Rockets/Sun's SSOL model is going to prevail.

Really hoping Coach Joerger doesn't let me down this season as far as showing an aptitude for adjusting to his players and the league, rather than pounding the square peg into a round hole. I like him better than anyone since RA.
One of the main reasons I am not ready to give up on Willie.

F*** the haters, Marvin. In Vlade we Trust.

I would’ve loved the Lebron/Jwill European love-child (Doncic) but instead we get a guy that absolutely upgraded our front line. Buddy and Bogdan are legit talents, I’d like to see one of them take the role Doncic would’ve had. Fox has the mental keys/confidence to put it all together. If Giles and Bagley are anywhere near what people thought they would be out of high school we are back on the map. Enough of this we already have enough bigs BS. We were going nowhere fast with the “Big Trill” as anything besides our version of Javale McGee.... Don’t look now but I think I see a culture shift:
Fox-Kentucky
Buddy-Oklahoma
Jackson-North Carolina
WCS-Kentucky
Skal-Kentucky
Giles-Duke
Bagley-Duke
Mason-Kansas
+ Vince carter, ZBO, Kosta, Shump, Temple as proven vets and Boggie as the Euro sprinkles
Plenty to look forward to my friends

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
F*** the haters, Marvin. In Vlade we Trust.

I would’ve loved the Lebron/Jwill European love-child (Doncic) but instead we get a guy that absolutely upgraded our front line. Buddy and Bogdan are legit talents, I’d like to see one of them take the role Doncic would’ve had. Fox has the mental keys/confidence to put it all together. If Giles and Bagley are anywhere near what people thought they would be out of high school we are back on the map. Enough of this we already have enough bigs BS. We were going nowhere fast with the “Big Trill” as anything besides our version of Javale McGee.... Don’t look now but I think I see a culture shift:
Fox-Kentucky
Buddy-Oklahoma
Jackson-North Carolina
WCS-Kentucky
Skal-Kentucky
Giles-Duke
Bagley-Duke
Mason-Kansas
+ Vince carter, ZBO, Kosta, Shump, Temple as proven vets and Boggie as the Euro sprinkles
Plenty to look forward to my friends

That's multiple time NBA champion Javale McGee to you.

I don't even like hip-hop and I gotta admit that kinda grooves.
Yeah, it's all coming together now. Bagley got rhythm, he's sponsored by Puma, Jay-Z was just hired as the President of Basketball Operations for Puma, Jay-Z helps produce Bagley's album, Bagley becomes too busy with his skyrocketing rap career... quit basketball...

I kid I kid. :cool:

Looks like Joerger gonna have the best season in Kings stint. Bagley is definitely endorsed by Dave. And hopefully Dave's gonna make a difference in the NBA now that he has a very agile big man who is miles away from Skal and Willie's offense. And I hope the Kings finally turn that corner this season.

All the best to Marvin Bagley III.
I would have liked to draft the "unicorn", Bamba or a "wonderboy" Luka.
But still Bagley's is his own elite talent.

Maybe Vlade will sign Paul George, Lebron James, or get biscuits for Kawhi.

Old Vlade seems genuinely confident in his pick, says he recons Marvin can even play the 3. I'm fine with the pick, I was leaning Luka but reality is I'm not scouting these players. No blind faith in the FO and have disagreed with many a past pick but can't not be excited about the possibilities. I would however like to know what about Luka made Vlade feel Marvin was the right pick.

when I heard Kings pick I was surprised, Luka is everything Divac tries to make in Kings. Team player, passer, unselfish player, perfect for small ball and todays basketball, good character, winner.. than as MPJr started falling I thought that they projected that and that they will use WCS and second rounder for him and that is reason why they didn't take Luka.. After they didn't do anything I was stuned.

but after Vlade's press conference I think I see what they want to do. they picked player with highest ceiling on draft. and most interesting thing to me was that he mentioned couple of times that all Kings bigs can guard and play positions 3-5. now basketball is changing through time, for past few years small ball is something that is dominant, but it does not mean it will be same in 3-4 years.

if I am reading correctly, Kings plan to play with 3 bigs in future, they try to do something new in basketball.. for this to work bigs have to defend positions 3-5, they must run well, at least 2 out of 3 must stretch the floor and at least 2 out of 3 must know how to play with ball in their hands.. this is not easy.. so if this is they want they could end up either being laughed at or starting new trend in NBA and making other teams change their game to adapt.

but one thing remains the same, and this is something I like.. first that they look at when taking a player is that he is good character for everybody around.. I hear he gets along well with Fox and Gilles, so he will not destroy chemistry in locker room and this is important and this is something we will see in future.. I also think this is one of the reasons why they didn't tried more to get MPJr, not injury problem as much as he looks to me like a player that doesn't fit what Kings are making on and off court..

Anyway I look forward seeing how will Kings look next season and will they try MBIII-Gilles-WCS together in five..

Looks like Joerger gonna have the best season in Kings stint. Bagley is definitely endorsed by Dave. And hopefully Dave's gonna make a difference in the NBA now that he has a very agile big man who is miles away from Skal and Willie's offense. And I hope the Kings finally turn that corner this season.

All the best to Marvin Bagley III.
I would have liked to draft the "unicorn", Bamba or a "wonderboy" Luka.
But still Bagley's is his own elite talent.

Maybe Vlade will sign Paul George, Lebron James, or get biscuits for Kawhi.
I think what I'm most interested in next season is how Joerger adjusts to the roster. We have a team that is ready to RUN, so I really hope the high post offense we saw last year is a thing of the past. I really like Joerger as a coach, but if he sticks to his old-school offense and doesn't pick up the pace, I have a feeling his days are likely numbered.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
REMINDER: Insults to other posters and profanity are NOT acceptable. Not now, not ever. This is a family friendly board. I closed the thread temporarily to do a bit of housekeeping. The sub-discussion of Doncic has been moved to the Luka Doncic thread in Personnel Moves. A few posts of the personal sniping nature have been deleted. Rule #1 here is and always has been "don't be a jerk." That seems to have slipped our minds.

Carry on.