Welcome to the Sacramento Kings, Marvin Bagley III

The way I see it:

- The Kings' GM and Asistant GM are both Euro.
- They excelled despite not being athletic freaks.
- They know how competitive Euro hoops are and how impressive it is for an 18 yr old to dominate there.
- They, of all people, would never underrate passing ability.
- They embody skill over athleticism.
- They can see the gapping hole at SF.
- I'm sure they'd love to build a team on movement and passing, like the good old days.
- Vivek has been infatuated with positionless bball since who knows when.
- If Vivek liked Sauce, how could he not like Doncic?

And despite all that, the Kings still pick Bagley....

All I can say is, there MUST BE something special about the kid!

In most other draft, Bagley would be a #1 pick.
I will support Marvin Bagley, let's get that out of the way, but please don't defend the same FO that drafted Georgios Papagiannis in the lottery and called him the next Marc Gasol.

Marvin, welcome to the Kings, let's see that motor and work ethic transform this franchise.

have you guys ever played against an absolutely RELENTLESS freak athlete player, like Bagley? you feel like death after going against them for 5 minutes.
the rest of the nba should be scared.

good luck stopping us in transition aswell.

welcome Marv
I got switched onto Demarcus Nelson (who went on to Duke) in HS hoops once, I lasted less than 5 minutes!

Full disclosure: I was completely on the Bagley bandwagon at the start of the NCAA season.

And the thought of some combo of he and WCS and Giles speeding down the court with Fox on the break is nice to think about.
Yep they'll work out the rotation easily.

If we retain WCS he'll need to work or he'll be overrun

Sorry if it's been discussed before, but I always thought it was interesting that Marvin's grandfather is Joe Caldwell.who was sort of a high-flying proto-vince type in the 60's. He kinda got on the wrong side of ownership and got screwed over, there's a documentary somewhere but I can't find the link/don't know how to post really. Anyway it's really a good story but maybe not considered relative to the thread. As a prospect he's got the genetics (Pogo Joe, that's a great 2nd leaper nickname) and the family tradition of success to meet and exceed. I think Marvin will be great. Go Kings!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Caldwell

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
My hope is that Bagley and Giles create an active, aggressive, imposing frontcourt.

Actually my hope is just that the Kings start climbing out of the basement.

In the end I was pulling for Doncic but all that really matters is that I get a decent team to root for. It's been long enough.

If Fox, Bogdanovic, Bagley, and Giles can get us there then great.

WELCOME, MARVIN!!! You were the best choice and we're fortunate to have you. Beyond your skill, I appreciate your mature, thoughtful, level headed approach to life. You'll enjoy being an important part of something incredibly special that's being built in Sacramento, and I look forward to watching your long successful career.

Welcome Marvin!!! I so hope you, WCS and Giles form an awesome 3 man big rotation, We keep Skal as our 4th big
Zbo and KK can mentor until feb , when we trade them to teams needing cap space next summer, or to playoff teams needing a back up big

You are our bigman scoring and rebound machine for years to come!!

have you guys ever played against an absolutely RELENTLESS freak athlete player, like Bagley? you feel like death after going against them for 5 minutes.
the rest of the nba should be scared.

good luck stopping us in transition aswell.

welcome Marv
They are the hardest players to game plan against because they impact the game so many ways by constantly coming at you from any angle.

It's kinda crazy (and this isnt directed at you but generally) how polarizing this pick is because SO many people were in love, like SERIOUS LOVE, with Luka. Even if Bagley turns out to be better it will still have that effect.