Welcome Spencer Hawes!

A BIG Sacramento welcome to the newest tree in Sactown. We are very pleased to have you here in Sac.

Do not pay attention to the other threads filled with angry pessimists. Most of those complaining did not watch more than a half an hour of Huskie b-ball all of last year.
These folks have issues and have not taken their medication.:)

These are just some of the Kings areas of need and reasons that I (along with many others) are excited about your arrival.

1) When was the last time that we had a big man that was comfortable with his back to the basket?

We have one now. Looks like you have some of the most refined post moves of any big taken in recent drafts.

2) The Kings need more size.

At 7' - 7'1" (and possibly still growing) you certainly help here.

3) Kings need youth development.

You're two years away from your first legal beer.

4) Theus wants to run.

Word is that you run the floor well and ball handle and pass in the open court very well. Heard you actually used to play guard.

5) In the past few seasons the Kings have not passed the ball as well as we are accustomed to seeing.

Reports say that your passing skills may already be better than just about every current center in the league.

6) I have heard Kings fans complain that our current front court is filled with attitude problems (I will not mention any names).

Rumor has it that you have a great attitude and very hard work ethic. If you fail, it will not be due to lack of effort. People really seem to like you. You may be the most lovable thing in Kings land since Kmart.

So these are just a few of the reasons that I am excited to have you aboard.

Welcome Spencer and thanks again GP for all of your hard work.

A BIG Sacramento welcome to the newest tree in Sactown. We are very pleased to have you here in Sac.

Do not pay attention to the other threads filled with angry pessimists. Most of those complaining did not watch more than a half an hour of Huskie b-ball all of last year. These folks have issues and have not taken their medication.:)

These are just some of the Kings areas of need and reasons that I (along with many others) are excited about your arrival.

1) When was the last time that we had a big man that was comfortable with his back to the basket?

We have one now. Looks like you have some of the most refined post moves of any big taken in recent drafts.

4) Theus wants to run.

Word is that you run the floor well and ball handle and pass in the open court very well. Heard you actually used to play guard.

5) In the past few seasons the Kings have not passed the ball as well as we are accustomed to seeing.

Reports say that your passing skills may already be better than just about every current center in the league.

6) I have heard Kings fans complain that our current front court is filled with attitude problems (I will not mention any names).

Rumor has it that you have a great attitude and very hard work ethic. If you fail, it will not be due to lack of effort. People really seem to like you. You may be the most lovable thing in Kings land since Kmart.

Well said :)

Welcome Spencer!

Ignore the trash talkers and naysayers. It isn't your job to save this team from itself, just be the best player you can be and let management concern itself with bringing in the right pieces. No 10th pick 19 year old is going to make or break any team on his own.

Kings fans appreciate effort and attitude. Bring that and you too will feel the love.

gunks

Hall of Famer

Do not pay attention to the other threads filled with angry pessimists. Most of those complaining did not watch more than a half an hour of Huskie b-ball all of last year. These folks have issues and have not taken their medication.:)

4) Theus wants to run.

I can dig it...Despite the questions regarding Spencer's rebounding and athleticism, he's apperently one of the most, if not the most, skilled offensive bigs in the draft.

Almost seem's TOO perfect to put him next to Justin Williams as our frontline of the future...Hope the new coach tries out some youthful lineups...I'd hate to see the likes of KT, SAR, and Miller get all the minutes.

Hi all - I noticed that Spencer Hawes discussion was closed due to bad behavior, so I'm posting it here.

I was negative about the selection at first, posting numerous insulting "big white stiff" comments, but I'm over the initial shock by now and would like to say that I'm going to give Spencer a chance. I realize the selection didn't fill a lot of our needs (it's not really our fault we had the 10th selection - except for that coin flip - damn you coin flip, damn you) but at that spot, Petrie probably did the best he could. Maybe Spencer doesn't fill that rebounding/shot blocking need, but at worst we have another young player on our team.

Let's hope for the best with him and our team.

Ok - welcome Spencer, welcome! PLease ignore the fact we would have selected either Brandan Wright or Joakim Noah if they had been sitting there, or heck, if Roy Hibbert had come out, we would have selected him instead as well!

Welcome to Sacramento Spencer. Just do what you do best and have fun. Don't get intimated by our veterans like Kenny Thomas. He will whine about playing time but just prove to everyone why you deserved to be picked #10 by the Kings. :)