Welcome Mr Vivek Ranadive & company

Kingster

Hall of Famer
An emphatic thank you to the new owner and face of our franchise, Mr. Vivek Ranadive.

An extended thank you to the rest of the ownership group: The Jacobs Family, Mark Mastrov, Chris Kelly, Mark Friedman, Raj Bhathal, Katrina Garnett, Andy Miller and Arjun Gupta (I'm sorry if I missed anybody) who formed our Killer Whale Pod and the roughly 20 local Sacramento business owners who each chipped in a million dollars to save our Kings.

A special thanks goes out to Mr. Ron Burkle and by extension his associate Darius Anderson, who despite not being part of our final ownership group were instrumental in fending off the Anaheim threat and will continue to be vital in the redevelopment of downtown and the building of the new arena.

Thanks to the work of Senator Darrell Steinberg whose contribution cannot be over emphasized.

Of course a heartfelt thank you to our leaders in this process, Mayor Johnson, his staff, the Sacramento City Council and Commissioner Stern and the Board of Governors.

Thanks to Carmichael Dave and Mike Tavares - you represent the best of all of us.

And thank you Sacramento.

More than just the memories remain the property of the Sacramento Kings
Cosign.

The Golden Age now begins.

An emphatic thank you to the new owner and face of our franchise, Mr. Vivek Ranadive.

An extended thank you to the rest of the ownership group: The Jacobs Family, Mark Mastrov, Chris Kelly, Mark Friedman, Raj Bhathal, Katrina Garnett, Andy Miller and Arjun Gupta (I'm sorry if I missed anybody) who formed our Killer Whale Pod and the roughly 20 local Sacramento business owners who each chipped in a million dollars to save our Kings.

A special thanks goes out to Mr. Ron Burkle and by extension his associate Darius Anderson, who despite not being part of our final ownership group were instrumental in fending off the Anaheim threat and will continue to be vital in the redevelopment of downtown and the building of the new arena.

Thanks to the work of Senator Darrell Steinberg whose contribution cannot be over emphasized.

Of course a heartfelt thank you to our leaders in this process, Mayor Johnson, his staff, the Sacramento City Council and Commissioner Stern and the Board of Governors.

Thanks to Carmichael Dave and Mike Tavares - you represent the best of all of us.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ thanks for putting it so well.

Bravo!

This says it all! I'm beyond thrilled that our Kings are staying. Thank you, thank you, thank you very much!

A new ownership group, no more Maloofs, and a new arena on the way? Welcome aboard, new owners, congratulations, and we look forward to seeing what's next!!!

It's so exciting to think of our Kings finally moving forward with new owners. A great organization starts with great leadership. Let the new era begin!

Thank you for allowing the kings to stay in its rightful place-Sacramento!!!

Thank you so much and im going to buy kings gear now and wear it proudly.

Couple videos on Vivek:

TIBCO is a private company (largest private software company in the world), so nobody really knows how much Vivek is worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big shout to Burkle.. even if he in the end has no stake in the team.. I'm guessing he played no small role in scuttling the Magoofs plans to relocate to Anaheim with him proposal to buy the team.. was also involved in the developing stages of this arena deal/bid

I really am glad that our ownership consists of all SELF-MADE men. No daddy's inheritance.
Amen.

The more and more I learn about this guy, the more and more I like him.

It really says something when your owner built his fortune from the ground up. I think that because he did that he will know the importance of putting a quality team on the floor.

How many of you have a growing respect for GS Warriors? If Vivek was never a minority owner there we might be singing a different tune. Also with the Warriors making the playoffs this year and basically our owner cheering for their playoff run it kind of got me cheering for them too. I am not saying I am a W's fan but I have more respect for their fans in how this has all played out and how they have supported us on their forums.

How many of you have a growing respect for GS Warriors? If Vivek was never a minority owner there we might be singing a different tune. Also with the Warriors making the playoffs this year and basically our owner cheering for their playoff run it kind of got me cheering for them too. I am not saying I am a W's fan but I have more respect for their fans in how this has all played out and how they have supported us on their forums.
Not to mention that Lacob must have more or less given his blessing for Vivek to go after the Kings, and he most likely was a NO vote on relocation. Now, Vivek will probably be taking a chunk of the Warrior staff with him as well. Possibly Malone as coach, Schlenk as GM. Did I hear that Roger Craig also has some job with the Warriors as well? I know he does something for TIBCO and is a buddy of Vivek's, maybe that's the only reason he seems to be associated with the Warriors. At any rate, all of this doesn't seem to be in Lacob's or the Warrior's best interest, so I agree about having a new respect for the franchise going forward. I'm really hoping for a nice rivalry between the two teams in the coming years.