Welcome mr barnes

When Bagley fully develops his three and is the starting 5, and with Belly in the floor... the three point shooting is going 2 b iNsAnE!!o_O

Fox - 38-40%
Buddy 46%
Barnes 39%
Belly 43%
Bagley ?? (35% rough guess)

I realize that Belly is likely not the long term starter, but does this have a chance of being the best 3pt shooting lineup 1-5 in history?
Giles also can shoot but think coach is having him focus on other things and been restricted this year to make things simpler.

When Bagley fully develops his three and is the starting 5, and with Belly in the floor... the three point shooting is going 2 b iNsAnE!!o_O

Fox - 38-40%
Buddy 46%
Barnes 39%
Belly 43%
Bagley ?? (35% rough guess)

I realize that Belly is likely not the long term starter, but does this have a chance of being the best 3pt shooting lineup 1-5 in history?
Warriors right now with Boogie

gunks

Hall of Famer
With these moves the Kings who are already a great 3pt shooting team, got better... Harrison BArnes is shooting over 6 3's per game this season at a 39% clip, thats gonna look great here, and actually speaking of the aesthetics --- Harrison Barnes jumpshot is very nice looking mechanics.
That floor spacing tho.

Opponents won't be able to cheat off him like they did with Shump. Should make the paint nice and open for Fox!

So on the King's facebook page, there is a short 30 second video of Barnes arriving and meeting Joerger and a few Kings (Fox, Bogi, Buddy). Interestingly, the first thing Joerger says to him is "Finally, I have been trying to trade for you for like 9 years."

Clearly an exaggeration as Barnes hasn't been in the league for nearly that long, but Joerger is apparently a huge fan. This was an aspect that was never mentioned before. Makes me even more excited especially since Barnes has a HUGE smile on his face!

He's definitely a good player and our 2nd best SF in the last decade easily after Rudy. He's pretty athletic as well and seems to have some fire in him. Welcome!

Barnes is pretty athletic and will fit in here with our pace. Below are his athleticism measurements from the combine and where he falls in terms of percentile across the last 19 years of combine data (excluding people who didn't participate in the drill from the calculation).

1549596322086.png

This is a replica of 5 years back, where we got another talented, iSo player who advanced stats panned but worked out anyways, because talent can’t be taught. Fit him in to your system and hope talent supersedes the concerns

Here's some interesting #s on Harrison Barnes to share at your next cocktail party to razzle and dazzle your guests:

Barnes best scoring efficiency came in his 3rd and 4th season, his last two with the Warriors before he got the max contract. He was 57% and 56% TS% in those years. He made only 33% and 34% on his 3s, not as accurate as he has since become. He did make 52% and 51% of his two point FGAs however. That team passed the ball with Curry and Klay coming into their own. 61% and 63% of Barnes two point FGs were assisted baskets. So even though he had not become a proficient three point shooter his overall efficiency was pretty good. At the same time he was not getting the free throw line (career low 2.3 and 2.4 FTAs per game) relative to the rate he gets there now. As his body gotten stronger he has almost doubled his FT rate (4.3 and 4.5 FTAs per game last two years) and increased his FT% about 8% from 75% to 83%.

With the Mavs and DSJ pounding the ball and some ball dominant play from Luka, who contrary to popular belief is not a good shot creator yet (assist to TO is less than 2:1; 5.5 APG / 3.2 TOV) , Barnes devolved into more of an iso player with only 37% and 48% of his baskets the last two years assisted. I am not absolving him from accountability for his low FG% on 2s this year solely because the system he played did not share the ball as well. It is likely he missed quality looks with the set-up from a teammate that would resulted in assisted basket. Regardless last year only 37% of his 2 point FGAs were assisted with him making a 48%. This year he has only made 41% of his two point FGs with 48% assisted.

If all these #s are making your headspin this is the bottom line. There is not a direct correlation between % assisted baskets and FG%. In general though the more you shoot the majority of your FGAs through solid floor spacing and quick decisive passes it will positively correlate to your two point FG%. There is an efficient scorer waiting to emerge. If he can maintain his near 40% accuracy from 3, with Buddy having a contagious effect, continue to get to the line 4 FTAs per game and make 80% and shoot the majority of two point FGs off the catch and/or one power dribble vs elaborate high degree of difficulty juke moves, then the % of his assisted two point FGs will return to 60% like his GSW days. His two point FG% can get back near 50%. Then he can be a near 60% TS% exceeding his best days with the Warriors. This is one of the projections that the Kings analytics department likely made before choosing to pursue him.

Last edited:
It could also open for Bagley to start and moving Bjelly to the bench as well
I think this is more likely. Perhaps after the all star break. I have a sneaky feeling Coach has had his mind set since the start of the year that Marvin would be coming off the bench before the all star break no matter what, and then will turn him loose as a starter (if he earned it) in the second half of the year. Basically, the same plan as we saw for fox last year.

Barnes is pretty athletic and will fit in here with our pace. Below are his athleticism measurements from the combine and where he falls in terms of percentile across the last 19 years of combine data (excluding people who didn't participate in the drill from the calculation).

View attachment 8880
He’s always looked the part as an athlete. Maybe not the most explosive jumper (although I do think I remember him in the slam dunk contest early in his career), but a really smooth, galloping althlete that gets where he wants on the floor.

He's definitely a good player and our 2nd best SF in the last decade easily after Rudy. He's pretty athletic as well and seems to have some fire in him. Welcome!
This honestly feels like Rudy all over again, considering he’s been on a team that probably asked him to do too much before we traded for them. The difference is probably the pace we’re playing at now benefits Barnes in a different way than deferring to Cuz did for Rudy at the time

After watching this I am totally onboard with this trade. The speed of our team just went plaid.
Fox, Buddy, Barnes, Bagley, WCS is hands down the most athletic starting 5 in the league.

I like how diverse his offensive game is.
Spot up, step back and off the bounce 3s, post ups, turn around J's, Isos.

He brings a much needed element to this team when we absolutely need a bucket. Burks aswell.

I also really like that he gets to the line a lot and his T/O's are pretty low for the amount of usage he gets.

Notice that game was scoring 30 against the Clippers in Dec. When they had all the guys that gave the Kings fits on defense. Couple times Barnes SCORES easily over Bradley and Beverly using his strength and height.

Barnes is going to fit right in with this Young Kings Super Team:)

These trades are about trying to make the playoffs this year, which went from pie-in-the-sky to novelty to possibility. Its important to get their game-to-game focus while incorporating the new chaps. They cannot afford to whittle their loss cushion too much more with home games especially because they have more difficult remaining away schedule.