Welcome Malik Monk

I was under the impression to do early Bird we have to do 2 years, what about 2 years plus a 3rd year player option in case of injury. At that point we've also got to re-sign Keegan, and it's hard to see him not getting the designated rookie extension. So we'll have full Bird on Monk but not be locked into a completely irresponsible situation if it isn't warranted.

And if we decided to move on we could ship that contract he could opt-in to year 3 and retain Bird eligiblity with his new team?

Of course let's just hope that playing with his BFF Fox is good enough for us to give us a discount and then everybody can have an Ohtani special post-playing career as a "team ambassador".

Keith Smith likes the 1 year or 1+1 deal like Bobby Portis for Monk. He mentioned this on DLo and KC
My guess is this the plan. At least one more year playing with his best buddy on a winning team and then the Kings can filly open their check book for a huge payday.

There's just not a ton of teams this offseason with the cap to outbid our offer for him. Or offer him the same role.

Monk now has a TS% of 60.6%. Anything over 60% is what you normally see only from a big or wing. After last night, Keon Ellis has 64.6% in 16 games, Sabonis 61.5%, and Harrison Barnes 60.9%. All but Ellis have played in every game so far this season. By way of comparison, both Luka Doncic and Kawhai Leonard are both shooting 61.4%.

When Monk came in unexpectedly at the end of the first half, he had to take off extensive heat pads over both his legs. I assume this is one of those recent innovations to keep athletes warm when they are not, as in soccer, in continuous action.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Monk now has a TS% of 60.6%. Anything over 60% is what you normally see only from a big or wing. After last night, Keon Ellis has 64.6% in 16 games, Sabonis 61.5%, and Harrison Barnes 60.9%. All but Ellis have played in every game so far this season. By way of comparison, both Luka Doncic and Kawhai Leonard are both shooting 61.4%.

When Monk came in unexpectedly at the end of the first half, he had to take off extensive heat pads over both his legs. I assume this is one of those recent innovations to keep athletes warm when they are not, as in soccer, in continuous action.
yes, an alternative to riding the stationary bike. I also see players on the side use the massage gun to keep their muscles loose and full of oxygen.

Monk is shooting 7% from three over the past four games, one of which he missed, since his foot injury became apparent. It must be interfering with his mechanics. His overall FG% in those three games is 31%, eleven points below his season average.

I do not know what the answer is, besides rest. With Huerter in a funk, the Kings need all the scoring punch they can get.

Monk is shooting 7% from three over the past four games, one of which he missed, since his foot injury became apparent. It must be interfering with his mechanics. His overall FG% in those three games is 31%, eleven points below his season average.

I do not know what the answer is, besides rest. With Huerter in a funk, the Kings need all the scoring punch they can get.
Would be nice to still have Terence Davis on the team. They figured that Duarte was a better option, which I do not agree with