Welcome Keegan Murray!

Super happy about this pick. Everyone gets so hung up on flash and forget about the guy that does everything well with a high IQ.
I’m not comparing Keegan Murray to Tim Duncan as a player, but Duncan was never a flashy player, like say Shaq, and was literally known as “the big fundamental”. However he finished his career leading his team to more titles than guys considered more athletic and flashy.

IDK that Murray will have even a tenth of the career Duncan had — but I do know that high IQ fundamentally strong players can surely help in the pursuit of winning.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I just noticed that Keegan Murray's voice sounds a little like Tom Morello. :) Happy to have you in Sactown #13! From the beginning he's felt like the right pick for us. He's a no-nonsense, make the right play, professional basketball player already and I can't think of another team more starved for that kind of talent than our hapless Kings. The Mike Brown hire and Keegan Murray pick are going to define this era of Kings basketball. I don't have a single bad thing to say about Keegan. For me he was a top 3 prospect in this draft (top 2, really) and we got him at #4. Fox/Mitchell/Murray/Sabonis is our new four headed monster and I think the 2022-2023 NBA season is going to be a lot of fun for Kings fans! Let's dial it up to 11 and take the power back!

Welcome Keegan!

I think Monte made the right choice. Looking forward to seeing your all-around game on the Kings. You're going to be able to potentially play SF/PF and even some small ball center for us. I think you will prove yourself to be one of the best players coming out of this draft.

Yep. Once again. Mock draft warriors can believe Ivey is BPA all we want (Just like we thought Moses Moody was last year), but I think it's clear Monte and staff have a process and stick with it. Keegan wasn't just a coin-flip over Ivey, he's making it clear there was no decision.

He has to be right obviously, but it's refreshing having a GM in charge that's so confident in his process.
I think Monte values BBIQ, shooting and defense and Keegan Murray oozes all of these attributes.

I'm happy with Murray. Glad to see that Monte got a 2nd round talent in Keon Ellis as a UFA. Overall, a good day to be a Kings fan.