Welcome Keegan Murray!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So is he going to a PF or a SF for us?

No doubt the player that fits the best on this team. Just a very solid, all around pro that fits as good as anyone next to Sabonis and Fox. I don't necessarily buy the low ceiling calls as the history is littered with players who have proven those calls wrong.
As Kings fans, we saw Haliburton plummet to us in the draft because of a perceived low ceiling only to have him develop to the point of being good enough to trade for an all-star on his own.

Never ever doubt high BBIQ.

I’m good with selecting Murray. Seems like a good kid, but also super talented.

I admit to not have seen him play other than highlights and learning about him via what I’ve read and heard.

That said, I love that he’s known as a high IQ player and a very good shooter. Those are two skills the KINGS need to continue adding.

He looks smooth and under control. Jay Bilas says he believes Keegan makes the smart play time after time and that he’s good at the end of games. Also said he seems ambidextrous as he drives and finishes equally to either side. Even better he’s a good communicator which should help us defensively.

I like everything I’ve learned and heard about this kid.

We can’t draft all these players. At least we seemingly got one as skilled and talented as anyone else in this draft.

Last edited:
I’m good with selecting Murray. Seems like a good kid, but also super talented.

I admit to not have seen him play other than highlights and learning about him via what I’ve read and heard.

That said, I love that he’s known as a high IQ player and a very good shooter. Those are two skills the KINGS need continue adding.

He looks smooth and under control. Jay Bilas says he believes Keegan makes the smart play time after time and that he’s good at the end of games. Also said he seems ambidextrous as he drives and finishes equally to either side. Even better he’s a good communicator which should help us defensively.

I like everything I’ve learned and heard about this kid.

We can’t draft all these players. At least we seemingly got one as skilled and talented as anyone else in this draft.
He is left-handed, but shoots right-handed. He drives left a lot and then spins back to finish on the right.

Coach Pop wanted to trade up to draft Murray so that's all i need to know. I'm excited to see him play with Fox and Sabonis - seems like he plays the right way and can be a glue guy in the way people praised Haliburton (different playing style and all). I wanted Ivy because he seemed like the popular pick and all the trade talk was exciting, but, ultimately i wanna win games. Let's see what happens

I was leaning towards Ivey but hey it’s my team and I wish him a big welcome to the kings.
Are we better than we were yesterday I’d say so.

Now let’s work on a few trades to strengthen the roster and I am looking forward to the upcoming season.