Welcome Iman Shumpert

Welcome Shump. Most players live in L.A in the off-season. Maybe that's effected their recent FA slump? Anyways best of luck as long as your a king.

I can remember when it was many Kings fan's wet dream to obtain Shump in a Ben McLemore deal - and it was regarded as such ridiculous wishful thinking.

Show these guys how to defend and work hard... I'm a fan.
Yep.

He's had moments in his career of being a 3 point threat too.

Maybe he settles in here.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I don't even know what to say at this point. I wanted Shump here when we still had DeMarcus and Rajon. Getting him now kindof feels like a bad joke much like getting Tyreke back for about a month of meaningless games did last year. Is he even going to play? Does he want to be here? When he's healthy and motivated he's a plus defender with some playmaking skills but he also plays the same position as Buddy Hield and Bogdan Bogdanovic. He's hardly played this year already, it would feel pretty cruel to trade for him just to plant him on the bench and hope he declines his option for next year.

Basically a poor man's Garrett Temple at this point. Just hasn't been the same defensively for awhile, living off his rep as a quality defender. And he's beyond awful on offense.

I doubt he opts out as will never see an 11 mil/year contract again, but I guess the hope for us is that these vets see the writing on the wall that there just won't be minutes for them and sitting on the bench next year for a 30-35 win team is not going to help their FA status for the future. I'd try and ink a 2/10, 2/12 "prove-it" deal for a contender and get paid the following season.

I do like saying Shump, so welcome aboard. He is likely to opt in (Lou Will got 8 per), and so will Temple. We are going to be back in a land where expirings are worth something! In that sense, Shump could have some value next year if teams are looking to clear cap and we want to trade for a player that helps for the playoff push.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the fact that he bought a home six hours away from Sac tells you all you need to know...hopefully he gets bought out or traded in the offseason.