Welcome Bruno Caboclo

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
I don't know. I've just done a refresher course on his recent G league games and this might be a under the radar semi brilliant move if they give him a shot.
Keeping the guy who's on his way to RFA while releasing a guy with 2 and a half years left on his rookie deal that you spent a #13 pick on and trading a guy you spent a #22 pick on with 2 and a half years left on his deal for him shows a pretty big belief in said player. Someone believes in Bruno which leads me to believe he'll actually get a shot with the big league club

I love it as long as Bruno gets an opportunity. Another young, hungry, legit size SF to go with Samson. I have been watching clips, and from what I can see Bruno even has an outside shot. Sorry Papa but even to this old school fan it's becoming clear big is no longer king.

I would not mind signing him to a 2 year $4-6 mil deal with a team option in the last year. He's 22 years old (2 years younger than Hield & Cauley-Stein). His physical profile is so unique & rare that we really should give this guy another couple years to develop/prove himself before we move on. And he knew absolutely zero english when he came over here originally. It must be hard to be developed when you don't even understand what the coaches are telling you.

At the end of the day you probably have a 6'10", 220lb (assuming he grew a little bit and added weight in the last 4 years) forward who has a 7'7" wingspan. He's athletic, coordinated, can put the ball in the floor, can shoot the 3, can protect the rim, & defend multiple positions. He's a much better fit in today's NBA than Papagiannis and has a much higher ceiling than both Richardson & Papagiannis.

Let's welcome him, cheer for him, invest in him, and be patient with him. Hopefully, he ends up being a diamond in the rough.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Welcome Bruno!

I'm so glad that the Kings didn't waive you, as was rumored when the trade was made!

Watching your videos, I'm hoping we have just found a diamond in the rough!

Play hard every night and the Kings fans will love you! :)

I would not mind signing him to a 2 year $4-6 mil deal with a team option in the last year. He's 22 years old (2 years younger than Hield & Cauley-Stein). His physical profile is so unique & rare that we really should give this guy another couple years to develop/prove himself before we move on. And he knew absolutely zero english when he came over here originally. It must be hard to be developed when you don't even understand what the coaches are telling you.

At the end of the day you probably have a 6'10", 220lb (assuming he grew a little bit and added weight in the last 4 years) forward who has a 7'7" wingspan. He's athletic, coordinated, can put the ball in the floor, can shoot the 3, can protect the rim, & defend multiple positions. He's a much better fit in today's NBA than Papagiannis and has a much higher ceiling than both Richardson & Papagiannis.

Let's welcome him, cheer for him, invest in him, and be patient with him. Hopefully, he ends up being a diamond in the rough.
I believe Bruno is a restricted free agent this summer. So as long as we extend a qualifying offer to him, we have the right to match any offer he gets.

I think there is a good chance the Kings intend to keep him for at least next year and give him a shot at playing small forward in the league. :)

Who knows, he has a very similar build and athleticism as the Greek Freak Giannis. :)

Welcome to the team Bruno. Have fun traveling back and forth between Reno and Sac.. and when you are in Sac, have fun watching Vince Carter rev the air handle bars from time to time.

Hilarious trade. A player in his 4th year. Yes, 4th year. He shoots 26 percent and 27 from the 3. He's had 3 years to make any kind of impact on a very mediocre Raptors front court. Mind you, the Raptors are A Top3 team in the East. Very good. Do you honestly think that going from a perennial winner to a bottom feeder is going to make this guy even serviceable. Please. I am on the floor dying of laughter. The Hamster on the wheel continues. Keep smoking the Cigs, Vlade.

Hilarious trade. A player in his 4th year. Yes, 4th year. He shoots 26 percent and 27 from the 3. He's had 3 years to make any kind of impact on a very mediocre Raptors front court. Mind you, the Raptors are A Top3 team in the East. Very good. Do you honestly think that going from a perennial winner to a bottom feeder is going to make this guy even serviceable. Please. I am on the floor dying of laughter. The Hamster on the wheel continues. Keep smoking the Cigs, Vlade.
Remember Toronto is playing OG at the 3. A player we could have drafted. Pretty ironic.

I mean, not really. When they drafted Bruno, they knew this would be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGG term project. He was more drafted because of the tantalizing athleticism/physical profile.

So we'll see. He's 22 and he's spent the last 4 years developing his game. It's a long-shot for sure, but one a team like us need to explore.

Well, historically speaking, it is always harder for a young player to break into a rotation on a high caliber playoff team, especially if the player is considered a long term project player like Caboclo.

For example, Gerald Wallace could never find his way on to the floor with the playoff Kings but became an All Star on the expansion Charlotte team.

This kid has barley played organized basketball for 2 years when he was drafted. He would be a senior in college right now.

Give the kid a chance, we have nothing to lose at this point, with a chance the kid can develop into a solid player.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...For example, Gerald Wallace could never find his way on to the floor with the playoff Kings but became an All Star on the expansion Charlotte team...
Time out for the picking of the nits.

Gerald Wallace couldn't find his way onto the floor with the playoff Kings because he was lazy, unfocused and had the work ethic of Jeff Spicoli. When he was exposed for the expansion draft, it was a hit upside his head. He went to Charlotte and got his stuff together.

End picking of the nits.

Gerald Wallace couldn't find his way onto the floor with the playoff Kings because he was lazy, unfocused and had the work ethic of Jeff Spicoli. When he was exposed for the expansion draft, it was a hit upside his head. He went to Charlotte and got his stuff together.

End picking of the nits.
Dude, What do you have against Spicoli?

To be fair, outside of Kings fans I doubt many have heard of Malachi or PapaG
Which is why I can't help but chuckle over the the reactions across the various kings boards. I have alot on my mind right now definitely a stressful time in my life but Malachi and Papagiannis are not reasons I'm losing sleep right now. Hill sucked we got a partial salary dump and a 2nd okay... nothing crazy imo.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He and Malachi are the same age.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

End picking of the nits.
Judging from the rest of his career, I'd say more blunt force trauma to the brain may have been the last thing he needed.