Webb's status for tomorrow in question?

::sigh::

Fox40 news says:Chris did practice today, but he did have some soreness. The Kings media relations say that the team is going to wait and see tomorrow

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Oh hell it's preseason who realy cares... but it would be nice give the fans a few min of Chris playing. then sit him down to rest the knee.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
At a certain point a little soreness is just that, and you just play through it. I am entirely in favor of him skipping a preseason practice or two or going light on the drills if the knee is uncomfortable -- why press it for nothing? But its a long season, and I think its pretty clear the knee is not going to be perfect every night. So if its just a little swelling again, get out there, play through it full speed for 20min or whatever the starters give this early in the preseason, then take a seat and watch the rooks and FAs play the rest of the night. Give him mroe confidence, give us more confidence.

Hey, if resting him every few games allows him to play like 60 games this year, effectively...then I think its all good. 60 good games with Webb is better than none at all.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
quick dog said:
Quick Dog's speech writers are even now preparing his mid-season "I told you so" speech.
Why do you sound so happy about it?

Fox40 also reported that Peja wasn't going to show up for media day, remember?

I can understand some people not liking what Webber has done, not done, etc. But I can't understand why someone would seem to sound happy that their prediction of further injury for the All-Star Power Forward of the Sacramento Kings might come true.

Did I miss something?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
VF21 said:
I can understand some people not liking what Webber has done, not done, etc. But I can't understand why someone would seem to sound happy that their prediction of further injury for the All-Star Power Forward of the Sacramento Kings might come true.
:: shrugs ::

If I've learned anything from nine years in the Navy, it's that some people simply aren't happy unless they're unhappy... to paraphrase one of my old chiefs, a bitching Kings Fan is a happy Kings fan, I guess...

Over the years I've realized 2 things:

1. The Fox40 sports department are reliable and they know what they are talking about.

2. I saved $360 by switching to Geicho.

:p

If I were Adelman, I might sit him this game anyway. They usually do first cuts after this game, and it couldn't hurt to get a good look at the guys who are trying to replace Jabari as insurance against extended injury in a 'real' game type situation. Not to mention the fact that tomorrow, they will be sticking him (Chris) on a plane for like a week. Caution should be the word for the pre-season, but that's JMO.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Kingsgurl said:
If I were Adelman, I might sit him this game anyway. They usually do first cuts after this game, and it couldn't hurt to get a good look at the guys who are trying to replace Jabari as insurance against extended injury in a 'real' game type situation. Not to mention the fact that tomorrow, they will be sticking him (Chris) on a plane for like a week. Caution should be the word for the pre-season, but that's JMO.
I agree, Kg. I have never understood overusing starters in the 1st or 2nd preseason games when it is the guys that are trying to make the team that everyone should be watching play.

So, sit CWebb out completely today. It matters not to the scheme of things for the season. And for someone to look at him sitting out today as "oh no, Chris won't play more than 30 games this year" is premature, at the very least.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Having been there and done that, a "slightly swollen" knee is a subtle warning that all is not right. I've had it come and go playing basketball and later in distance running. Resting it buys some time but it's likely never to be 100%. As some have said "60 games from CWebb is better than none" or "CWebb at 90% is better than 90% of the other PF in the league".

We should be prepared for that eventuality, that Webb is going to sit every few games or hopefully start out 20 min a night and work up to 30-35 min later in the season. I see him sitting on the 2nd of back-to-back games and sitting out games where we have good PF match ups with our other guys.

So maybe don't look for CWebb much in preaseason. Those long flights to and from China will cause swelling for everyone from the sitting and the 6,000 ft cabin altitude. I would not expect to seem him play much on that trip.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I think I mentioned it in the other thread. Webb right now is hitting on over 95% of the games he could play in since the injury.

preseason = largely irrelevant. And they are treating it as such. Half the players in the NBA have some injury that causes them pain each and every time they step on the court. They don't miss real games over it unless it gets severe or debilitating.

let webber ride the pine during the preseason. well he should play a game or 2, but not for extended minutes. i just worry about his health, and we need webber to play as many games as he can in the regular season if we want to get HCA in the playoffs

so i say grab some pine meat. :D

yup RA better sit CWebb tonight....coz it was just brought to my attention, thanks to my sister, that they're playing GS & Najera's already there right?

oh no, not him on Webb....