Webber Who?

I didn't perceive it as necessarily a dig at Chris... I think the guy was trying to make a point that we are a great team without him, and we are ready to move past the trade, and win without Chris. I thought of it as a shot at all the non-believers who don't think we have a chance without Webber.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bottom line, it was a pretty dumb sign - especially since at the time the guy/girl/whatever made it the Kings hadn't won squat.

If it was a shot at all the non-believers, the person holding it was pretty much shooting blanks. AND - if the Kings hadn't pulled out a win last night it would have looked even more pathetic.

EDIT:

P.S. No offense, Vlad, but the current Kings team hasn't done a thing to merit the use of the word "great"... not yet, maybe not ever. Just trying to keep it real.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Vlad said:
I didn't perceive it as necessarily a dig at Chris... I think the guy was trying to make a point that we are a great team without him, and we are ready to move past the trade, and win without Chris. I thought of it as a shot at all the non-believers who don't think we have a chance without Webber.
Don't take this the wrong way because its not personal, but I think that's a little naive given the number of Arco fans with a blistering irrational hatred of Mayce Edward Christopher Webber III. I do find the sign ironic given how bad our performance had been at the time that that sign was conceived and made.

Last edited:
VF21 said:
AND - if the Kings hadn't pulled out a win last night it would have looked even more pathetic.
If this means that the Kings will win games 4, 5 and 6, I will make a dozen of signs for each game :)
I'm just kidding ... we're winning them anyway.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Team Dime said:
Did anyone get a good look, was that Ailene holding up the sign??
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Dime, are you aware that when you cause a person to spit out their drink while laughing hyserically, you are responsible for replacing their keyboard? :p

YES!! I noticed that sign! And it really made me mad.

It isn't like Webber just decided to leave the team and now we're showing that we don't need him....come on, I mean is that person even a Kings fan at all? Absolutely tasteless. I hope someone at the game noticed and told her (I thought it was a chick) how ignorant it was.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I agree with some other folks. I think the sign was more down the alley of, "We don't need Webber to be a good team.". We can be one without him. I don't understand why some folks get so offended about that stuff. Yes Webber was a nice guy, and was a part of a magical time in Sacramento Kings basketball history, but he was not a messiah, or a king, or the second coming. Let it go.

Yeah, but the sign was just ignorant on the fact that Chris was a wonderful part of the teams history, and he shouldn't be dissrespected like that, just a B-ball player or no.

i thought the sign was in poor taste, but come on, y'all, how can anybody draw any kind of conclusion about the person who made the sign based on two words and a question mark, for better or worse? it aint nothin to get upset about. webb is gone, and both the kings and 76ers are sittin at 1-2 in their respective series. webb's got a lot to prove, and the kings have a lot to prove. a stupid sign by some random fan aint gonna change that fact.

6th said:
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Dime, are you aware that when you cause a person to spit out their drink while laughing hyserically, you are responsible for replacing their keyboard? :p
Sorry about the keyboard, but I couldn't resist. :)

I'm surprised the people around her let her even do it. I bet she got lots of grief for that one but my first thought was ailene too when I heard it was a girl.Someone give her a stop Finley sign, much more tasteful. After all the we know the reason he's jinxed us is jealousy, our #4 always got more attention and is much better looking.