WCS for Taurean Prince

*** I am actually in favor of keeping WCS at least until the break but this scenario is based on the assumption the Kings no longer believe in him as the starting C/PF

It's my belief that the Kings will take Bagley with the second pick. Some of the latest rumors have the Hawks selecting Doncic with the 3rd pick.

Kings trade WCS for Taurean Prince

Why for the Kings?

With no 2019 pick and limited ability to attract free agents, the Kings will have to get creative to add talent. Taurean averaged 14 points a game while shooting around 38% from 3. He has room for improvement in his game but I would say he is comparable talent wise to WCS while playing a position of need. With the selection of Bagley and their affinity for Giles, they may feel its time to move on from WCS.

Why for the Hawks?

Doncic makes Prince redundant and they need help at the Center position.

Kings
Fox
Buddy
Prince
Bagley
Giles (by the end of the season)

Hawks
Schroder
bazemore
Doncic
Collins
WCS

Last edited:
I doubt Atlanta makes that trade but I'd do it even if we drafted Doncic. Prince is on the up and up. Big body, can defend, nice developing shot and has some passing chops as well. With Doncic I'd have him playing backup SF and stretch 4 next to Skal with Koufos and Giles manning the center position.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I want Doncic and would be irked but I think we could trade 2 for 3 and the player of our choice.

So if Atlanta needs a C, If they trade up to get Bagley why would they trade Prince away? Maybe we could get the 19th and still get Luka?

Willie will likely have less value at the break due to his contract needing to be extended. If they want to move him it needs to be this summer.
I agree his value will decrease but I'm just not sure what value he currently has? It might be worth holding on to him and see if he makes that big man jump some guys make. That is unless they can make a trade like this one happen

I agree his value will decrease but I'm just not sure what value he currently has? It might be worth holding on to him and see if he makes that big man jump some guys make. That is unless they can make a trade like this one happen
If they've already settled on him not being in the future plans, which I don't think they have mind you, then you just have to get something. Trying to build value through him like they did last year on the offensive end won't get them anywhere and just continue the process of the team not functioning properly and not playing through the players it should.