VLADE GONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
He did say that he was willing to step down after a period of time so I wonder if this was his own doing or if Vivek had a say. Hopefully Dumars and staff do their due diligence this time around and bring someone in and not worry about it for the next decade

Just heard the news.

I’m conflicted.

On one hand, it was deserved. On the other, I hate this pattern of instability. And starting over again and again.

I also give Vlade credit for owning up and stepping down. But we’re left with a lame duck coach of sorts with a long contract (and no #77!!!). And the new GM is bound to want their own guy.

This sucks any which way you choose to look at it.

Honestly at this point it's more about who would possibly consider working for the kings.

Also Walton will either be canned or given a lame duck year and be fired half way through. A GM always wants his own man to vibe with.

That's a huge contract for Vivek to swallow.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But for real, sad that we have to actually cheer this news for a Kings legend. The golden era Kings are the reason I grew up loving basketball and work in the field now. Just wasn't a position Vlade could do.

Hopefully the new power structure has the option to bring in his own coach and we can start this thing for real.

He’s probably blacklisted now thanks to the whole China thing but I’d jump on Daryl Morey the second Tillman fires him like is rumored to be happening once the Rockets season ends.
Yes, please. Tillman is the #1 draft pick for an owner, who is going to be forced to sell,

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yes, please. Tillman is the #1 draft pick for an owner, who is going to be forced to sell,
Tillman already had himself painted into the Rockets mural in their arena. The dude’s probably going to go full Maloof fire sale before he bothers selling the team.

Tillman already had himself painted into the Rockets mural in their arena. The dude’s probably going to go full Maloof fire sale before he bothers selling the team.
Think Covid already went full Maloof on his empire. Dude is on CNBC often and is visibly bleeding.

Keep Ken, Idk what Peja actually did besides stand next to Vlade, and unless there’s a guy you need now (Atkinson?) let Luke squander about during these potential tear-it-down years.
Strongly disagree. Let's start everything fresh with a new GM and a new coach all squared away from the beginning. Build up the program from day 1 and develop everything together as a united front. Keeping Luke for another year or two just wastes time that we can be developing chemistry and a team that's finally all on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.