VLADE GONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It’s akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Vivek is a basketball dunce that has showed continued bad judgment in personnel. Dumars is just another stop-gap to more chaos and instability. I have zero faith that Vivek is capable of hiring the right person to fill the position.
Literally the first guy he hired has gone on to become one of the better coaches in the league (but we let him go because Chris Mullen and the Gerbil didn’t like him)

If they want Hinkie, ownership would have to be part of the deal, or real estate partnerships, because they won’t be able to just pay for him. Kings finances are bad right now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If they want Hinkie, ownership would have to be part of the deal, or real estate partnerships, because they won’t be able to just pay for him. Kings finances are bad right now.
The Jacobs brothers are probably sitting pretty with their Qualcomm money but yeah, the rest of the owner group aside from Shaq is probably not doing so hot right now. (The sane could be said for pretty much any non-tech billionaire ownership group in the league though)

The Jacobs brothers are probably sitting pretty with their Qualcomm money but yeah, the rest of the owner group aside from Shaq is probably not doing so hot right now. (The sane could be said for pretty much any non-tech billionaire ownership group in the league though)
Maybe, but that's not how this works. The kings and their subsidiaries have operating income and reserves that they must use to run the Kings and their other entities. If finances get bad, and there is a cash call it's prorated based on ownership %. If an owner can't, or won't pony up the dough, then their ownership stake can be purchased or if they refuse to sell, the league can force or auction it off. So Jacobs net worth may allow them to easily pony up dough, its not like 50% of the shortfall will come from them, because I believe they own like 17% of the team, but im going off memory here so that could be way off.

I just shouted a house-shaking “YES!” Good riddance. I can cheer the team again, and let’s suck less.
But remember who is now taking over. Spotty record at best and in his last stint put together some of the most trend defying rosters you could imagine that literally set that franchise back years. Careful what you wish for. If Walton is sticking around with Vlade gone even I might have to wait this out from outside. The only potential positive is if Vlade was directing play style. If not, this is going to be probably next year wasted with a mid-season firing AGAIN and players demanding trades in a situation that's gotten so bad that you can't smooth it over all the while your cap is busted for years to come on a team not bad enough to pick high and a toxic environment that makes them incapable of winning.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I’ll be happy if the new GM cans Walton. He’s seriously bad. Let’s not waste a year and start over in another year. Clean start and some minor tweaks on roster, get a coach who will push the pace taking advantage of the strengths, have a healthy Fox and Bagley and let’s g.

He’s probably blacklisted now thanks to the whole China thing but I’d jump on Daryl Morey the second Tillman fires him like is rumored to be happening once the Rockets season ends.
Screw him, but for sure, keep watching that Houston situation. If Vivek has any brains as soon at D'Antoni gets loose he better nab him before his feet even hit the ground.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Screw him, but for sure, keep watching that Houston situation. If Vivek has any brains as soon at D'Antoni gets loose he better nab him before his feet even hit the ground.
It really depends on whether the new GM wants to keep De’Aaron or build from scratch but if we want to maximize Swipa’s skill set, D’antoni (Or ironically George Karl) would be the guy to do it.

Literally the first guy he hired has gone on to become one of the better coaches in the league (but we let him go because Chris Mullen and the Gerbil didn’t like him)
I guess you don’t realize that you strengthen my point that I have no faith in Vivek since he fired Malone, right? That’s called poor judgment. You can’t blame it on others as he did the same to Joeger.

Status
Not open for further replies.