Vlade as GM (split)

Dear Kings Fans,
Don't worry guys, this years pick will work out like Jackson over Kuzma. You gotta trust Vlade. He knows a lot more than you do. Vlade smoked cigarettes between games. If anyone has the proven work ethic to uncover the next transcendent talent, it is this man. If you don't trust him, well, maybe you need to take a look in the mirror. This tour de force tipped the ball to the enemy with seconds to spare in the most important game of his career. His judgement is as impeccable off the floor as on.
Sincerely,
Ham Sandwich
Howdy Doody
Doug Christie

Dear Kings Fans,
Don't worry guys, this years pick will work out like Jackson over Kuzma. You gotta trust Vlade. He knows a lot more than you do. Vlade smoked cigarettes between games. If anyone has the proven work ethic to uncover the next transcendent talent, it is this man. If you don't trust him, well, maybe you need to take a look in the mirror. This tour de force tipped the ball to the enemy with seconds to spare in the most important game of his career. His judgement is as impeccable off the floor as on.
Sincerely,
Ham Sandwich
Howdy Doody
Doug Christie
I would take this post as sarcasm if it wasn't all of your other posts deriding his moves. Every thing bad is his fault and every thing good going forward will be because of Williams despite of Vlade.

The one thing I would not call Vlade is dumb, he may and has been wrong but he ain't no country bumkin. Think when he first came back to the Kings as an consultant, taken largely as a feel good move. He surveyed the lay of the land while people's defenses were down, unsuspecting. Next thing you know he was their boss. That my friend is shrewd, calculating and cold blooded. His most erogenous moves were at the beginning when organizational structure was still on the weak side.

Do I trust him to do what's right? Nope. Do I hope that he will do what's right? Yes. His record goes both ways. It has been trending upwards. What concerns me most is the one who signs his check. For both of them, time will tell if fears are unfounded or justified.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Dear Kings Fans,
Sincerely,
Ham Sandwich
Howdy Doody
Doug Christie
This is terrible.

Dear Kings Fans,
Sincerely,
Ham Sandwich
Howdy Doody
Doug Christie

Blobsense. Def: deductive reasoning by Blob using properties of Vlade.

Examples:

Proposition: Vlade cannot evaluate talent.
Proof: Vlade smoked cigarettes. Q.E.D.

Proposition: Vlade will make a wrong decision in the draft.
Proof: Vlade tipped the ball out in the game in which he had 23 pts on 63% shooting, 7 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 1 block. Q.E.D.

Propositon: X where X is any statement whether actually true or false
Proof: Vlade. Q.E.D.

Examples:

Proof: Vlade tipped the ball out in the game in which he had 23 pts on 63% shooting, 7 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 1 block. Q.E.D.

Whoa shots fired.

Examples:

Use the ignore function. I had no idea what was going on here until you mentioned the poster by name. It'll make your life easier not having to read that stuff.

I would take this post as sarcasm if it wasn't all of your other posts deriding his moves. Every thing bad is his fault and every thing good going forward will be because of Williams despite of Vlade.

The one thing I would not call Vlade is dumb, he may and has been wrong but he ain't no country bumkin. Think when he first came back to the Kings as an consultant, taken largely as a feel good move. He surveyed the lay of the land while people's defenses were down, unsuspecting. Next thing you know he was their boss. That my friend is shrewd, calculating and cold blooded. His most erogenous moves were at the beginning when organizational structure was still on the weak side.

Do I trust him to do what's right? Nope. Do I hope that he will do what's right? Yes. His record goes both ways. It has been trending upwards. What concerns me most is the one who signs his check. For both of them, time will tell if fears are unfounded or justified.
Hiring Vlade was a PR move following the fiasco of PDA. He wasn't shrewd calculating or cold-blooded. He was fortunate. I don't understand the urge to rush to his defense. He is terrible at his job. He is the worst GM in the NBA and a laughingstock. Don't kill the messenger. I am just delivering the message others would rather deny.

What is trending upward besides the luck of #2? This is an outrageous comment. The team statistics last season were dreadful (TS%, rebounds, point differential, pace, etc) . He drafted Justin Jackson (who needs to show dramatic improvement in order to not be out of the league in 1-2 years) and Harry Giles, who couldn't even make an appearance in the last month of the season, over two years after his last ACL. Fox was a no-brainer at #5. Mason, a guy I like, still has a lot to prove.

What is trending upwards where this GM is concerned besides incompetence? If Vlade was PDA, every Kings fan would be trashing this guy. But because he has soft spot in most fans heart, he gets a pass. He doesn't get a pass in my book. I am relatively heartless in these matters. :p

But if you will review my posts you will notice I ALWAYS give players and Kings-related personnel the benefit of the doubt until it is not longer warranted. I have been strong advocates and supporter of:
  • Buddy
  • Fox
  • Boggy
  • Skal
  • Mason
I don't slam guys through normal growing pains. But when a player or front office individual displays repeated instances of incompetence they will garner Blobian wrath. Why should I be sympathetic to this GM because he is "nice" or "accomplished" as a player? I don't care about nice. I care about winning. I am winner. I know how to win. I also know how to identify losers. I realize adversity is part of the process. Adversity is normal. But at some point you have to display an edge you possess. You have to show your wares, the advantage you possess that you can exploit. This is all so simple. In this context I have DEFENDED this GM....

I was one of the only fans on this board who recommended and commended the trade of George Hill to CLE for cap space. I wanted to dump him and create minutes for Fox and Mason. I wanted the ball in the hands of a better shot creator in Boggy. I gave Vlade credit for that trade when most fans were wanting to hold out for a 1st round pick. Those saying 1st round pick or no deal had NO idea what they are talking about! Where are they now? They pulled a disappearing act, that's where.

Yet in the context of his most recent trade, Vlade has been awful. How much of a better position would we be in to chase Parsons and the #4 if Vlade did NOT guarantee the second year of a washed up back pack toting dope fiend?!?! If the second year of the 2/24 was not guaranteed on Z-Bo we'd have $12M in cap space to chase Randle, Gordon or accept bad contract. We could more readily take Parsons into our space and take Luka/Bagley, Luka/Bamba or whoever your heart desires.

Vlade is not a visionary. He's a clueless fraud. I wrote in my season preview Z-Bo was was a problem waiting to happen with his "black hole" tendencies, coach favorability and matador defense. I thought Hill would give us the same scoring as DC with better defense, but I will be honest I did not pay a lot of attention to him on the Jazz. But if I was going to give a 31 year old PG 2/40 guaranteed I would have watched every clip on Sports Vu offensively and defensively. I would have been meticulous in my analysis. I would NEVER have guaranteed the second year. You want the second year guaranteed? Sorry NO deal! Yet Vlade caved because he is terrible at his job. Again, don't kill the messenger!

If you concluded DC was worse than G-Hill by half the cost you SUCK at talent evaluation. Who wants to argue this? If you take Jackson over Kuzma you suck at talent evaluation. You take the guy from the elite school when this is promise of nothing. It is a lazy. DC helped the Pacers to a near 1st round upset of the Cavs. He was clutch in that series. I defended DC when he was with us against the posters on this board who were always quick to point out his bad games. The guy had speed and nice shooting. Far less can be said about Hill who choked away Game 1 with a bricked FT that led to a series sweep.

George Hill is not a player to whom you ascribe star potential. Vlade ascribed star potential with the size of the contract and ended up with egg on his face. He remedied the mistake but it cost us Shumpert's contract in 2018-19. This is PDA-level BS. Vlade sucks at his job. Who wants to say otherwise?

Here's another issue ALL KINGS FANS should ponder: I can't speak to the validity but let's presume it to be true. Mike Bratz was allegedly fired for endorsing and advocating for Papa G. Mike Bratz is gone. Out of job. Meanwhile the guy that took his recommendation still has a job? What's up with that? Canning Bratz for his misevaluation and other considerations may have been justified. But what about the guy who took his advice. No consequences for him? Can we at least agree if he is not on thin ice he should be?

I wrote a month ago the next logical step when you are the worst at your job is to make another horrible decision, that is, to draft Michael Porter Jr. When you are the worst at your job, you make the worst decision possible. Yet I also predict that there is enough sensibility and prudence surrounding Vlade to save him from himself, to make the smart decision, to take Marvin Bagley. I stand by this, I think we will be okay, yet my confidence is wavering.

I have a lot more to say (since I always do where this team is concerned :)) but I end with this: If Vlade approves prescient with MPJ and the turns into a perennial all-star, he will NOT be vindicated. He will be lucky. He is stupid to take him whether the player succeeds magnificently or fails miserably. I am betting we don't go down this road by I am only willing to bet Monopoly money.

It really doesn’t matter who Vlade drafts. He’s merely a figurehead. Too be honest, he probably doesn’t care if he gets fired or not. He could care less if he gets another GM opportunity. That’s where Vlade differs from other NBA executives. He was not hired because of his his experience. He didn’t have any. It was merely Vivek’s marketing ploy to generate fan interest. Personally, I was never a fan of Vlade. He literally introduced flopping to the NBA. So what’s lost in all this? Vlade would like to make the right pick for the fans and Kings organization. But, i seriously doubt he’s sweating bullets if he doesn’t. He won’t have any problem going back to his previous life.

Examples:

See my post above for a more comprehensive reply but I did NOT draw a connection between our GM and his nicotine habit and talent evaluation skillz. I drew connection between his nicotine habit and work ethic. Do you want to contend a smoker is less than whole heartedly committed to his athletic and physical and cardiovascular potential? Please make this argument. I would love to hear it. I have a lot more to add but I need to make my dinner . :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
See my post above for a more comprehensive reply but I did NOT draw a connection between our GM and his nicotine habit and talent evaluation skillz. I drew connection between his nicotine habit and work ethic. Do you want to contend a smoker is less than whole heartedly committed to his athletic and physical and cardiovascular potential? Please make this argument. I would love to hear it. I have a lot more to add but I need to make my dinner . :p
Just because you draw a connection doesn't make it fact. But feel free to drone on about it as only you can. ;)

If you took a poll among neutral NBA fans, Vlade would rank in the bottom three.

Yet fans who criticize the fact that our owner hired an ex player without FO experience are deemed negative. Are we supposed to put up with not being able to have a typical confidence in our FO?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you took a poll among neutral NBA fans, Vlade would rank in the bottom three.

Yet fans who criticize the fact that our owner hired an ex player without FO experience are deemed negative. Are we supposed to put up with not being able to have a typical confidence in our FO?
You have no way of knowing that.

Fans who criticize are one thing. Fans who use every opportunity to belittle, demean, insult, etc. are another. You can put up with whatever you want. I know people who liked PDA although they mostly deny it now (and I don't blame them).

I moved the posts so people can discuss Vlade without polluting a whole bunch of other threads.

Vivek hired someone with no experience who has now been in the job and gained valuable experience, both from doing things right and doing things wrong. Your logic would label him forever a rookie. That makes no sense to me.

There is a long list of former players becoming GMs with little or no experience. Vlade isn't the first, nor will he be the last. Here is a quick list off the top of my head (with varying degrees of success).
Vlade Divac
Jerry West
Geoff Petrie
Joe Dumars
Danny Ainge
Danny Ferry
Isaiah Thomas
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson

I'm sure that someone could provide a much bigger list if they felt like doing the research(I don't). My point is that Vlade being hired as a GM wasn't anything out of the ordinary. There are many on the above list who had less experience than him (some with more), but most had very little.

You have no way of knowing that.

Fans who criticize are one thing. Fans who use every opportunity to belittle, demean, insult, etc. are another. You can put up with whatever you want. I know people who liked PDA although they mostly deny it now (and I don't blame them).

I moved the posts so people can discuss Vlade without polluting a whole bunch of other threads.

Vivek hired someone with no experience who has now been in the job and gained valuable experience, both from doing things right and doing things wrong. Your logic would label him forever a rookie. That makes no sense to me.
RealGM is a popular NBA website, and the ‘General Forum’ are for all fans. If you like I can post a thread there now asking if they would consider Vlade a bottom three GM. Those are my observations from being in the community of NBA fans

His work, from the Sixers trade, Cousins trade, vet signings, draft as of now hasn’t been “strong”

The topic can’t be avoided because it affects all aspects of being a fan of the team. Is he really thinking of Porter with the 2? Do we have the acumen in the FO to make proper draft day trades/FA moves? When you don’t have ‘typical’, and I do mean average faith in the FO to do its job it annoys you and makes you feel on edge

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
RealGM is a popular NBA website, and the ‘General Forum’ are for all fans. If you like I can post a thread there now asking if they would consider Vlade a bottom three GM. Those are my observations from being in the community of NBA fans

His work, from the Sixers trade, Cousins trade, vet signings, draft as of now hasn’t been “strong”

The topic can’t be avoided because it affects all aspects of being a fan of the team. Is he really thinking of Porter with the 2? Do we have the acumen in the FO to make proper draft day trades/FA moves? When you don’t have ‘typical’, and I do mean average faith in the FO to do its job it annoys you and makes you feel on edge
If Ainge traded up for Porter Jr he'd largely be given the benefit of the doubt but Vlade wouldn't/won't.

That's the benefit of having made a lot of successful moves as a GM vs having made a number of mistakes.

I will always love Divac but in his current position he has undeniably struggled.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I honestly couldn't possibly care less about what RealGM posters say. I get it. You think Vlade was a bad hire and you're going to view every single action he takes from that POV. That's your choice. Nobody is avoiding anything. You're annoyed and you feel on edge because of your POV. Totally understandable. Vlade could draft the second LBJ and you'd find a reason to find fault with it.

You are correct, the connection drawn was between smoking and work ethic not smoking and talent evaluation, but the definition still stands ;). The argument that smoking has no bearing one way or another on work ethic could be made easily. Even arguing the second point that smokers are not as committed to their athletic potential (which btw is teleporting the goal posts from work ethic to another planet) would be fun to make, but it would derail the thread :p.

While I disagree with some conclusions you made in your comprehensive reply, I have no issues with how you created that argument. Bluntness and ruthlessness in assessment are fine with me. You make your point just fine without invoking smoking habits and tip outs...

Hiring Vlade was a PR move following the fiasco of PDA. He wasn't shrewd calculating or cold-blooded. He was fortunate. I don't understand the urge to rush to his defense. He is terrible at his job. He is the worst GM in the NBA and a laughingstock. Don't kill the messenger. I am just delivering the message others would rather deny.

What is trending upward besides the luck of #2? This is an outrageous comment. The team statistics last season were dreadful (TS%, rebounds, point differential, pace, etc) . He drafted Justin Jackson (who needs to show dramatic improvement in order to not be out of the league in 1-2 years) and Harry Giles, who couldn't even make an appearance in the last month of the season, over two years after his last ACL. Fox was a no-brainer at #5. Mason, a guy I like, still has a lot to prove.

What is trending upwards where this GM is concerned besides incompetence? If Vlade was PDA, every Kings fan would be trashing this guy. But because he has soft spot in most fans heart, he gets a pass. He doesn't get a pass in my book. I am relatively heartless in these matters. :p

But if you will review my posts you will notice I ALWAYS give players and Kings-related personnel the benefit of the doubt until it is not longer warranted. I have been strong advocates and supporter of:
  • Buddy
  • Fox
  • Boggy
  • Skal
  • Mason
I don't slam guys through normal growing pains. But when a player or front office individual displays repeated instances of incompetence they will garner Blobian wrath. Why should I be sympathetic to this GM because he is "nice" or "accomplished" as a player? I don't care about nice. I care about winning. I am winner. I know how to win. I also know how to identify losers. I realize adversity is part of the process. Adversity is normal. But at some point you have to display an edge you possess. You have to show your wares, the advantage you possess that you can exploit. This is all so simple. In this context I have DEFENDED this GM....

I was one of the only fans on this board who recommended and commended the trade of George Hill to CLE for cap space. I wanted to dump him and create minutes for Fox and Mason. I wanted the ball in the hands of a better shot creator in Boggy. I gave Vlade credit for that trade when most fans were wanting to hold out for a 1st round pick. Those saying 1st round pick or no deal had NO idea what they are talking about! Where are they now? They pulled a disappearing act, that's where.

Yet in the context of his most recent trade, Vlade has been awful. How much of a better position would we be in to chase Parsons and the #4 if Vlade did NOT guarantee the second year of a washed up back pack toting dope fiend?!?! If the second year of the 2/24 was not guaranteed on Z-Bo we'd have $12M in cap space to chase Randle, Gordon or accept bad contract. We could more readily take Parsons into our space and take Luka/Bagley, Luka/Bamba or whoever your heart desires.

Vlade is not a visionary. He's a clueless fraud. I wrote in my season preview Z-Bo was was a problem waiting to happen with his "black hole" tendencies, coach favorability and matador defense. I thought Hill would give us the same scoring as DC with better defense, but I will be honest I did not pay a lot of attention to him on the Jazz. But if I was going to give a 31 year old PG 2/40 guaranteed I would have watched every clip on Sports Vu offensively and defensively. I would have been meticulous in my analysis. I would NEVER have guaranteed the second year. You want the second year guaranteed? Sorry NO deal! Yet Vlade caved because he is terrible at his job. Again, don't kill the messenger!

If you concluded DC was worse than G-Hill by half the cost you SUCK at talent evaluation. Who wants to argue this? If you take Jackson over Kuzma you suck at talent evaluation. You take the guy from the elite school when this is promise of nothing. It is a lazy. DC helped the Pacers to a near 1st round upset of the Cavs. He was clutch in that series. I defended DC when he was with us against the posters on this board who were always quick to point out his bad games. The guy had speed and nice shooting. Far less can be said about Hill who choked away Game 1 with a bricked FT that led to a series sweep.

George Hill is not a player to whom you ascribe star potential. Vlade ascribed star potential with the size of the contract and ended up with egg on his face. He remedied the mistake but it cost us Shumpert's contract in 2018-19. This is PDA-level BS. Vlade sucks at his job. Who wants to say otherwise?

Here's another issue ALL KINGS FANS should ponder: I can't speak to the validity but let's presume it to be true. Mike Bratz was allegedly fired for endorsing and advocating for Papa G. Mike Bratz is gone. Out of job. Meanwhile the guy that took his recommendation still has a job? What's up with that? Canning Bratz for his misevaluation and other considerations may have been justified. But what about the guy who took his advice. No consequences for him? Can we at least agree if he is not on thin ice he should be?

I wrote a month ago the next logical step when you are the worst at your job is to make another horrible decision, that is, to draft Michael Porter Jr. When you are the worst at your job, you make the worst decision possible. Yet I also predict that there is enough sensibility and prudence surrounding Vlade to save him from himself, to make the smart decision, to take Marvin Bagley. I stand by this, I think we will be okay, yet my confidence is wavering.

I have a lot more to say (since I always do where this team is concerned :)) but I end with this: If Vlade approves prescient with MPJ and the turns into a perennial all-star, he will NOT be vindicated. He will be lucky. He is stupid to take him whether the player succeeds magnificently or fails miserably. I am betting we don't go down this road by I am only willing to bet Monopoly money.
I’m not going to argue Vlade’s great but your analysis comes off as biased.

Vlade has made some terrible decisions:
* the trade with Philly
* the drafting and picking up the option on PappaG

Some where bad:
* drafting Justin Jackson

Some remain to be seen:
* drafting of Fox
* drafting of Mason

Some look to be good
* the Chriss trade for Bogdan
* the Giles draft pick looks promising

At the end of the day this pick will be telling... I’m guessing it’s Bagley.

Vlades career as a gm:

Sixers trade: One of the worst trades in the league. Fireable move itself.

Drafting: Bad

WCS
-Bad
Wcs might become a productive player somewhere else since he was badly misused here but thats a lot on Vlade too

The trade
-Good
The picks
Papa G
-Very bad
Malachi
-Bad
Skal
-Looks bad
Isaiah Cousins
-Bad

Fox
-Remains to be seen but trying to evaluate without homerism, doesnt look like a multiple all star homerun pick
JJ
-Hopefully can develope. Looks like a career backup/maybe low end starter
Giles
-Big unknown
Mason
-Dime in a dozen player. Undersized point guard with a ceiling of being a backup. Can possibly be the back up for few years but market is also full with backup point guards. Not bad but not good.

Signings: Bad
-Not a lot of good fa signings. Kosta was okay at the time but now its an overpay for a backup center in a rebuilding team. Temple has been solid and good value. Last offseason was just awfull. Zbo for 2/24 was awfull then and is awfull now, GHill was bad. 36million of wasted cap this offseason thanks a lot Vlade.

Acquiring assets: Very Bad
Boogie trade
-aparrently he had better deal on the table but didnt get it after all. If you decide to rebuild, getting Buddy and pelicans pick was meh but acceptable

Bellinelli for Malachi
-Good trade, bad pick

Then nothing. This is just horrible. After Cousins trade your main goal should be acquiring assets to boost your rebuild. A big failure by Vlade.

There are some good things but mostly just bad. I liked Vlade as a player but unfortunately he hasnt done a good job. Rebuilding requires a lot from gm and having an experienced gm wouldve helped us. Not Vlades fault he was hired to make his rookie mistakes with us but I think we should move on already.

I was writing this couple of times, but I will again :) Vlade vision is to create a team with players that fumction well on and off court, unselfish team that will always assist before taking a bad shot, a team where guys enjoy playing with one another, not just playing because they are paid. Here you can make mistake with a bad player on court, it happens, but you can not make mistake with taking a bad locker room guy as it will destroy everything you try to build.

Now Vlade Reign as GM should be divided in two parts.

COUSINS ERA. All bad moves come from here. Vlade's worst mistake as GM is that he thought he can win with Cousins and he was making this stupid moves so he can get players around him to win. Personaly I would not give a bag of potatos for Cousins if I want to make a basketball team. If I want to make circus attraction than yes, I would have him gladly. So Vlade made a huge mistake not trading Cousins asap, where He could rob teams for more and not lose a first runder.

POST COUSINS ERA. Now this part of his GMing you can either find good moves or yet to be seen moves. As he is finally doing what he wants to do. Now you can argue is this player good or not, but from a franchise that was always drama around, coaches leaving, players fighting and all. You now have guys that love playing and love comunicating with one another. Just look at their interviews and instagram accounts.

Now Vlade is no some inventer trying to do what nobody did before. He is just copying what has done in Europe for decades and what Coach Pop is doing and what GSW is doing. You are a small market and only thing you can sell to big players is atmosphere where they will enjoy playing basketball and wins. First you have, second it will take time.

So when judge Vlade try looking at only post Cousins era, as that is when he started implementing what he wants.

Also with Kokoskov being first head coach from Europe, maybe Messina soon getting job. If I am Vlade and Joerger thing is not working as planed, I would try getting Zeljko Obradovic. It would be hard task as he said he does not want to join NBA, but I could see him buying what Kings have. But this is only if Joerger thing doesn't work.

The trade
-Good
The picks
Papa G
-Very bad
Malachi
-Bad
Skal
-Looks bad
Isaiah Cousins
-Bad
I don’t want to get into everything you wrote, but I just take this as an example.

The Papa pick was bad, no doubt about it. But if I remember correctly, people here wanted the great Baldwin instead of Papa. Last time I checked he’s out of the league. So it’s not like he passed on the next Micheal Jordan to pick Papa. Same thing about Richardson. Skal at 28 is bad? He was projected as a lottery pick and he got him at the end of the first round. No one was mad about it after the draft. At 28 you can take a gamble and it’s perdectly fine for me.
Isaiah Cousins bad? 60th pick, you judge it bad? What do you expect from the 60th pick? Come on, not every 60th pick is Isiah Thomas. Who would have you picked here? Who was the great talent he didn’t pick to go with cousins?

Last thing about the DMC trade. “Apparently” he had a better deal on the teable. You judge him because “apparently” he passed on a better offer. Give me evidence of this, otherwise you can’t use it as an evidence he made a big mistake.
Of course I didn’t like and still don’t like that trade. I don’t like it because I don’t think we got enough in return. Not because “apparently” he had a better deal but he decided to ignore it.

I was thinking about Obradovic the other day, in case we land Doncic.
I'm sure he wants guarantees to coach in the NBA (player's league), like coach for an organization which puts him above players and just for players who respect him as a coach. Again, like Eurominded franchises like the Spurs or the Jazz.

Jazz just hired Fotsis Katsikaris as assistant to replace Kokoskov.

Obradovic is without doubt best European coach ever, and he said more than once he is not coming to NBA. But if there is a chance of him coming it will be type of organisation as Kings are, where FO will back him up, where players are young and where he can be above everybody else.

he is basically Greg Popovich type of coach and I would say equally good.

My opinion:

I followed Vlade as a player, he was better then what was perception by casual fans. He was also very smart player.

I didn't like him as a GM so far. I actually like the strategy, but the execution is poor. I hope he will improve. The best thing he can do is to hire competent people who he trusts, coordinate them and make informed decisions. If he drafts MPJ and MPJ doesn't pan out, I might be done with Vlade as GM. In that case I would root for Vivek to fire him.

I don’t want to get into everything you wrote, but I just take this as an example.

The Papa pick was bad, no doubt about it. But if I remember correctly, people here wanted the great Baldwin instead of Papa. Last time I checked he’s out of the league. So it’s not like he passed on the next Micheal Jordan to pick Papa. Same thing about Richardson. Skal at 28 is bad? He was projected as a lottery pick and he got him at the end of the first round. No one was mad about it after the draft. At 28 you can take a gamble and it’s perdectly fine for me.
Isaiah Cousins bad? 60th pick, you judge it bad? What do you expect from the 60th pick? Come on, not every 60th pick is Isiah Thomas. Who would have you picked here? Who was the great talent he didn’t pick to go with cousins?

Last thing about the DMC trade. “Apparently” he had a better deal on the teable. You judge him because “apparently” he passed on a better offer. Give me evidence of this, otherwise you can’t use it as an evidence he made a big mistake.
Of course I didn’t like and still don’t like that trade. I don’t like it because I don’t think we got enough in return. Not because “apparently” he had a better deal but he decided to ignore it.
It doesnt matter who the fans want with 13th pick. I wouldve liked Juan Hernangomes but thats irrelevant. Papa was so bad we had to cut him.

And yeah maybe bad is the wrong word for describing Isaiah Cousins and Skal. Not necessarily bad in the context of expected value. At 28th you hope for a role player which skal could become (and I mean a good role player in a good team, not a decent role player in a bad team). But when you trade down from 8 you have to hit on those later picks to compensate on that. Luckily Chriss looks like a bust so Bogdan alone wins that trade but the value of 8th in general "obligates" you to hit on some of those picks you get in return.

And if I remember correctly, Vlade himself said that he had a better deal on the table.