Upgrade Cojo

George Hill is injured but pretty much is the exact same player CoJo is but better. Also it would be hilarious getting him back to backup Fox four years after he complained about it.

With Melo getting more minutes, might be able to sneak a deal for Malik Monk but he’s a two guard and more of a scorer type.
Chicago’s got Garrett Temple but he’s not much better than CoJo at this point and is almost more of a coach than player for them.
Monks drug use suspension gives me pause. I know hes Fox's homie but still I would have to sleep on it.

I was just looking at SG DRPM. Justin James is #5 @1.18. Granted it's a small sample size, but it's worth a try taking cojos minutes. He might play well off of Haliburton on the offensive end.

The Kings should have signed Seth Curry to a long term deal. He's exactly what I'd want as the Kings 4th guard - a scorer who can light it up from outside.

I was just looking at SG DRPM. Justin James is #5 @1.18. Granted it's a small sample size, but it's worth a try taking cojos minutes. He might play well off of Haliburton on the offensive end.
I'm very curious to see how Ramsey plays in the GLeague bubble. Long term he seems like he could potentially be a great fit next to Fox or Haliburton. Not so much Hield but Buddy's future with the team is still uncertain.

LOL. why folks want to trade CoJo for a guard when Kings got a platoon of guards on the bench? CoJo should be traded for a serviceable backup to Barnes if Walton can't trust Woodard for minutes.

The Knicks are full of guards/PGs to choose from. NY will hang onto Barrett and Quickley, but they also have Elfrid Payton, Ntilikina, and Austin Rivers.

How about somebody like austin rivers? He plays reasonable defense and can actually shoot the ball and handle the ball. He would make a reasonable off ball player in the 2nd unit next to Haliburton as well as a spot ball handler when needed. I'll tell you the lineup that frustrates me the most is when Luke trots out Cojo, Hali, GRIII, HB and Whiteside. That is too much pressure for Hali and HB to carry all the scoring and when Whiteside isnt hitting, is painful to watch. Rivers actually has offensive capabilities and while february hasnt been kind to him (shooting wise), he has shot reasonably well (36% from 3 for the year, 34% for career). He only makes 3M and change for per but has 2 years left on his contract after this. That said i would say he is a solid player who can go get you 9-10ppg and play solid defense while keeping opposing teams honest.

Plus, he got his own father ejected from a game which is epic in itself!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
What about the Cavs? They have to be considering blowing it up by now. Cedi Osman is on the bench and Prince can't be untouchable. Both would be nice fits on the wing. Might cost a little more but could be worth it.

The Kings would need to get another ball handler back in return. You can't replace CoJo's minutes with a non ball handling 3&D type player. The second unit would become extremely stagnant. He may pound the ball too much but it's usually because no one else on the team is going to be able to do anything with the ball anyway so he tries to make something happen.

The Kings would need to get another ball handler back in return. You can't replace CoJo's minutes with a non ball handling 3&D type player. The second unit would become extremely stagnant. He may pound the ball too much but it's usually because no one else on the team is going to be able to do anything with the ball anyway so he tries to make something happen.
You probably can because it likely means more pick and roll from Guy/Haliburton. I think Guy has more tools in pick and roll at this point than Cojo does. Cojo is mostly playing as a ballhandling SG anyway.

You probably can because it likely means more pick and roll from Guy/Haliburton. I think Guy has more tools in pick and roll at this point than Cojo does. Cojo is mostly playing as a ballhandling SG anyway.
CoJo is kind of the release valve for the 2nd unit on many possessions when they have nothing going. Haliburton is very good at executing when opportunities present themselves but he's not very good at just simply making things happen by beating his man. CoJo doesn't really beat his man either but he's physical enough to get around the paint when he wants. Guy is basically a ball handling SG as well. I don't think he's nearly as good as CoJo at running the point but we haven't seen a ton of opportunities for him to do it in the NBA so who knows.

I'm not high on Payton but Wright definitely has my interest because he can do some ball handling as well as score a bit. There's never a reason to not have more ball handling. We're seeing how important it has been with the addition of Haliburton.

CoJo is kind of the release valve for the 2nd unit on many possessions when they have nothing going. Haliburton is very good at executing when opportunities present themselves but he's not very good at just simply making things happen by beating his man. CoJo doesn't really beat his man either but he's physical enough to get around the paint when he wants. Guy is basically a ball handling SG as well. I don't think he's nearly as good as CoJo at running the point but we haven't seen a ton of opportunities for him to do it in the NBA so who knows.

I'm not high on Payton but Wright definitely has my interest because he can do some ball handling as well as score a bit. There's never a reason to not have more ball handling. We're seeing how important it has been with the addition of Haliburton.
Guy averaged 4.6 assists in the G-League last year.

dude12

Hall of Famer
At this point in their careers, I’m not sure Guy is worse as a defender. Not as good in the paint as Cojo because of size and strength, but Cojo can’t stay in front of anyone. Offensively, Cojo is awful. The more minutes Guy would get the more comfortable he becomes and the 3 point shot will fall more.

Depending on matchups, a platoon of Guy and James would be more effective than Cojo. James can play D.

At this point in their careers, I’m not sure Guy is worse as a defender. Not as good in the paint as Cojo because of size and strength, but Cojo can’t stay in front of anyone. Offensively, Cojo is awful. The more minutes Guy would get the more comfortable he becomes and the 3 point shot will fall more.

Depending on matchups, a platoon of Guy and James would be more effective than Cojo. James can play D.
Exactly. And Cojo has been borderline terrible on the ball. I'm honestly not sure if he's lost a step or he's just not trying. I think that big contract did him absolutely no favors and him knowing that likely about 10 million of it next year goes poof is putting him and the team in a very awkward position. One problem Vlade had was working out deals that have clear conflicts of interest built into them.

Guy averaged 4.6 assists in the G-League last year.
And the system the Kings are using makes it very easy for shooters to make plays. After years and years of screwing around they are now playing simple two man game where it's actually more advantageous for players capable of popping over screens for the jumper than true playmakers, which Cojo isn't either.

And the system the Kings are using makes it very easy for shooters to make plays. After years and years of screwing around they are now playing simple two man game where it's actually more advantageous for players capable of popping over screens for the jumper than true playmakers, which Cojo isn't either.
The main problem Cojo has is that his game is built for a slow paced game. When he tries to push the pace he ends up playing faster than he is able. I think he can still be a solid player in the right system, just not with the Kings.