Tyrus Thomas

Since the Bobcats are on pace to have a record breaking season (in the worst way) im sure nobody is untouchable, Tyrus could be a great fit next to Cuz and JT he plays with great energy and could be the peice that validates our front court. I have not followed his career very close but have heard some less than flatering things about him like he is a hot head or whatever but just wanted the rest of the KF.com's families take on him. Worth the gamble?

I like him for his athleticism... with a Chris Paul, Nash, Lin type point guard i think he could be a solid player. Unfortunately we don't have that, and that being the case he probably is no better than Hickson.

Absolutely not. He has been such waste of talent. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but this guy was traded for aldridge on draft night.
Low Bball iq, bad work ethic and for some reason has developed the jj hickson "I'm gonna shoot 18 foot jumpers" bug.

No thank you.

Absolutely not. He has been such waste of talent. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but this guy was traded for aldridge on draft night.
Low Bball iq, bad work ethic and for some reason has developed the jj hickson "I'm gonna shoot 18 foot jumpers" bug.

No thank you.
Yep, Portland got Minny twice. Thomas for Aldridge and Foye for Roy.

Where he was drafted or traded for does not even matter, what does matter is assuming Hickson is not going to be here next year were going to need another big to play about 24 mins a night. Just to put everyone worries to rest I tried it on 2k12 and everything turned out great lol.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
"great fit" in this case is pretty similar to Hickson's fit. Which is to say its not.

Tyrus Thomas wants to be an offensive player, and wants to be a SF. Great athlete who's just never really gotten it. And he's small, almost tweener sized.

You want a great fit next to Cousins you are looking for a Dalembert like guy or a JT like guy. We actually had our great fit frontcourt, and tossed it aside. But offensive minded undersized guys without much bball I.Q. probably aren't going to add much.

Off the top of my head here would be some "great fit" guys from around the league:

Haslem (although we'd be shy shotblocking)
Horford (unaquirable)
Dalembert (obviously not coming back)
Camby (too old)
McGee (possibly to dumb)
Chandler (not acquirable, too much contract)
etc.

You don't want somebody who is looking for shots. You do want somebody long and mobile and it would be just peachy if they could block shots themselves.

Last edited:
well we dont have Dally anymore and we missed on Ibaka and I doubt Howard is even considering us. (even if it would be the best fit for him) Hayes + Hickson and a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal for them should do it. JJ might actually play better for them down the road.

Bismack / Possibly Anthony Davis
Diaw / Hickson
Maggette / derrick Brown
sg / sg ( i have no idea who plays there 2 spot lol)
walker / pg (dj will not be there)

Not terrible and should be at least a fun product to put on the floor for them. And Brick you just proved my point with your last post everone else is acquirable. For 20 something mins he would fit the bill.

Last edited:
He isn't a good player. He is similar to JJ in ability, but his attitude is bad. The less than flattering things you have heard are true. Unlike Hickson he is more of a hothead and makes JJ look like a genius. He wants to be an offensive player, but he hasn't show he is good enough to be one, although that doesn't stop him from shooting (36% fg).

I have followed him almost every game since his Chicago days because I like blocks in fantasy basketball ;). His athletic ability is good for blocks but that's about it.

To the people comparing him to Hickson, Thomas is a MUCH better shot blocker. He's been averaging almost 2 blocks per game for a few years now and that's in only about 20 MPG. His 36 minutes block average is 2.5.

He isn't a good player. He is similar to JJ in ability, but his attitude is bad. The less than flattering things you have heard are true. Unlike Hickson he is more of a hothead and makes JJ look like a genius. He wants to be an offensive player, but he hasn't show he is good enough to be one, although that doesn't stop him from shooting (36% fg).

I have followed him almost every game since his Chicago days because I like blocks in fantasy basketball ;). His athletic ability is good for blocks but that's about it.
So then he's a lot like Dalembert...

So then he's a lot like Dalembert...
Not really, Sammy isn't undersized and can play center. Tyrus is listed at 6'10" but is more likely 6'8, maybe 6'9 and isn't a strong post defender. Worst part about Tyrus is that he shoots when he shouldn't be! Knowing our fan base, he would make us go insane with some of his shots.