Tyrese Watch 2022-23

dude12

Hall of Famer
Maybe Indiana can hit a middle manager GM to get things figured out……first it’s wanting to deal Turner and now it’s extension time instead……oh by the way, he’s probably not worth $19 mill per year but go ahead.

Lol the Pacers trying to pair Tyrese and Trae would be the ultimate “stepping on your own dingdong” Kangz maneuver.
It's funny over on NBA reddit they were discussing this tweet:

Which begs the question if the Pacers don't become a threat to make the ECF finals, how long into Tyrese's inevitable max extension kicking in does he start getting this kind of hate?

Maybe Indiana can hit a middle manager GM to get things figured out……first it’s wanting to deal Turner and now it’s extension time instead……oh by the way, he’s probably not worth $19 mill per year but go ahead.
In reality no but in todays NBA he's a top 2 shot blocker and a floor spacer from 3 so that skillset is going to get you paid insanely. I mean if him and Sabonis were a good combo would you not pay 19mil per season to get him to the Kings with his skillset? There is way worse players making similar money.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
In reality no but in todays NBA he's a top 2 shot blocker and a floor spacer from 3 so that skillset is going to get you paid insanely. I mean if him and Sabonis were a good combo would you not pay 19mil per season to get him to the Kings with his skillset? There is way worse players making similar money.
If Turner and Sabonis were a good combo then it should have worked in Indiana.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Did they not have a few good years under McMillan?

I'm not suggesting going after him but seems like maybe a modern coach could have made them work instead of two dinosaurs and whoever coached between them.
I mean, you're the Kings fan, not I, so you tell me: what does tying up 15% of the salary cap in a player you hope might make you as good as a team that couldn't get out of the first round in a weaker conference sound like to you?

Did they not have a few good years under McMillan?

I'm not suggesting going after him but seems like maybe a modern coach could have made them work instead of two dinosaurs and whoever coached between them.
Yeah with the Domas explosion with him exclusively at C, I'm pretty well done with the idea of putting a more traditional 5 next to him, even if he can space. Clearly, Sabonis and 4-out works extremely well on O and we should be looking ways to enhance that and not add another paint clogger to the mix. Ideally, you get someone like a Poeltl or Chris Boucher (Bamba?) who can clear those back-up 5 minutes, but still potentially give you a stretch or 2 next to Sabonis if the match-up calls for it. But I'd rather invest our resources in a Cam Johnson, PJW, Grant Williams type than a more premium back-up C option.

I mean, you're the Kings fan, not I, so you tell me: what does tying up 15% of the salary cap in a player you hope might make you as good as a team that couldn't get out of the first round in a weaker conference sound like to you?
Like I said - I wasn't suggesting it in the least. If we had $19 million to throw around I think we could get a lot better value for that money. I was just under the impression it was a moderately successful pairing and maybe it was a vision problem.

Wally's pep talk sure fired up Hali against Miami career high in points and 3's and hit the game winner over Tyler Herro who played the worst last second D maybe ever.

Again, for a guy who was questioned as to whether he could be an effective shooter coming into the league, he's turned pure. That shooting arc allows him to clean swish deep 3's at a high rate. He's got more room to work with in the rim than most players, because of the angle that his shot descends. He's near automatic from the line also.

jeeez Minnesota really broke the trade market haven't they
Even the 12-33 Detroit Pistons have maintained to rival executives their preference to keep Bojan Bogdanovic and Alec Burks, sources said, barring tremendous returns for either veteran perimeter scorer.
makes you wonder

eta:
just noticed this nugget buried at the bottom - Pacers you know you need that second big it says at the top...
Richaun Holmes available
Richaun Holmes is available for trade, league sources told Yahoo Sports. After signing a four-year, $46 million deal in the 2021 offseason, Holmes has not been a part of head coach Mike Brown’s rotation this season.

Last edited:

Ah yes! more Tyrese talking about the trade content please!
Finally listened to this. Woj did a good job I think of finally letting him fully talk and explain and I think quashing this once and for all. He fully admitted to being in his feelings and Woj kept saying "didn't it make you feel good that people that Sac got the worse side of the deal" I think he finally has come around on that people do like and do want him. He also really explained at just how attached he gets to people, so I think that was really the bigger problem. He felt betrayed by people he considered friends/family, but it just went a lot deeper with him than it does with many players.

He's a good dude.

Another tidbit that was alluded to was Buddy basically hating Sac. LOL

Finally listened to this. Woj did a good job I think of finally letting him fully talk and explain and I think quashing this once and for all. He fully admitted to being in his feelings and Woj kept saying "didn't it make you feel good that people that Sac got the worse side of the deal" I think he finally has come around on that people do like and do want him. He also really explained at just how attached he gets to people, so I think that was really the bigger problem. He felt betrayed by people he considered friends/family, but it just went a lot deeper with him than it does with many players.

He's a good dude.

Another tidbit that was alluded to was Buddy basically hating Sac. LOL
I would imagine Buddy is the kind of dude who starts out loving and being loved where he is, and then eventually wears it out.