Tyrese Watch 2022-23

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Unlike the olden days, we can actually watch our favorite players after they have left. I thoroughly enjoy watching that young man. I want Hali to succeed and I have no doubt he will.
In the old days I watched because I paid for League Pass.
Now well I can't be arsed to do what it takes to follow the Kings most nights (probably will the next few weeks and see how it goes).

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Yeah, it is indeed shade.

Swipa has already played well enough during his career to warrant an all-star popularity bid. Just because he hasn’t won that popularity contest doesn’t mean he’s not all-star level.

Countless players have made the team and/or been considered all-stars while doing less.
The west is tough for guards especially since the league doesn't consider PG/SG or whatever they just go all guards for all star teams but despite his rough year Fox definitely has never gotten the respect around the league he deserves. IF we were actually offering him and there were no takers I am sure some GMs will have eggs on the faces around their owners in a year or two.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Swipa has already played well enough during his career to warrant an all-star popularity bid. Just because he hasn’t won that popularity contest doesn’t mean he’s not all-star level.

Countless players have made the team and/or been considered all-stars while doing less.
Hell, I love Vlade but there was absolutely no reason for him to be an All-Star aside from the fact he was on the best team in the league.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Which is sorta my point. Posttrade energy has everyone out here playing like a star.
(Also Tyrese is playing angry for the first time ever and it’s definitely helped his game today)
I would like to point out that while I am tempering my expectations there was a lot going on Wed that can't be explained by adrenaline post trade. It can be explained by not having a practice installing a bad system to screw it all up. But I would like to point out the last trade that we totally won (Barnes) we immediately regressed and went into a tailspin the minute they shuffled the traded players off the court.

I think Tyrese is going to be solid going forward no matter what. Buddy hitting his shots and maybe giving some effort I have my doubts he won't return to streaky shooter who mostly thinks about getting his in a week or two.

Im looking at the All star roster and I’m just not seeing who fox should be there over. Help me out here.

That first quarter was really fun to watch but it also involved Buddy making all his shots and playing smart, Tyrese literally not missing a single shot, and Jalen Smith playing like a guy worthy of getting picked ahead of Haliburton. Also the Cavs are missing their All-Star point guard.
not sure why everyone’s already out here firing off hot takes in game 1 of the new era.
Our entire game thread vs. the TWolves was one giant hot take lol

Im looking at the All star roster and I’m just not seeing who fox should be there over. Help me out here.
If you are talking about this current season, I don't have much to say on behalf of Fox's slow season. But in general...

Chris Paul can easily be replaced by Fox for an all-star game, I can also make a case for the inconsistent Luka but it's a popularity contest after all.

Now you wanna dissect this years roster? What about last season or the season before??

I mean, if you really want to go that route, who does Tyrese replace now or in the next few years. Because most aren’t gonna see that either, even though you proclaimed that he’ll be there.

Doesn’t matter anyway because you’re complete missing the point.

Swipa is easily an all-star caliber talent and player regardless whether he makes a team or not. If you can’t see that, it’s a reflection of your inability to recognize the obvious.

Now you wanna dissect this years roster? What about last season or the season before??

I mean, if you really want to go that route, who does Tyrese replace now or in the next few years. Because most aren’t gonna see that either, even though you proclaimed that he’ll be there.

Doesn’t matter anyway because you’re complete missing the point.

Swipa is easily an all-star caliber talent and player regardless whether he makes a team or not. If you can’t see that, it’s a reflection of your inability to recognize the obvious.
I woulda thought Gm’s would have been beating down our door to acquire an all star level guard. Turns out they were, just not fox.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With all due respect to Tyrese’s near perfect shooting night, Brissett has looked like the best player on the court tonight lol