Tyrese Watch 2022-23

Domas and Hali will be there. I haven’t seen all star play from fox. That’s not shade towards fox. I just don’t think he’s all star level.
I'm a bit taken aback by this take.

There's no doubt in my mind that Fox is guaranteed to be an all-star. He might have been slowed a little this season but how do we suddenly forgot who he was?

I'm a bit taken aback by this take.

There's no doubt in my mind that Fox is guaranteed to be an all-star. He might have been slowed a little this season but how do we suddenly forgot who he was?
Hey, hopefully he gets there. That last kings game actually kept my attention for the first time in forever. What little kings I watched was all because of Hali. I like the kid. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he just looked like more of a point guard to me than fox.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Y'all really gonna torture yourself after the fun we had on Wednesday? We all knew Tyrese was good. We'll likely never know what finally made it Tyrese instead of Fox, but Fox has also looked better in the two games since. I don't care about all star appearances if both players make it I'm ok. I care about wins.

If we make the playoffs (6 seed or higher if this dopey play in continues to exist) in 23 and 24 I will consider it a fair trade.

Hey, hopefully he gets there. That last kings game actually kept my attention for the first time in forever. What little kings I watched was all because of Hali. I like the kid. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he just looked like more of a point guard to me than fox.
I love Tyrese and would never forgive McNair for trading him.

But Fox is almost too easy now that he's getting what Ty was offering in playmaking but from a big who's smart and much more bruising than I thought who can get his own and hold his own. I'd even go as far to say that he would've been at least once all-star had we collectively played better as a team before. Hell, if we have kept Dave Joerger, he'd already be a multi-time all-star attendee by now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Y'all really gonna torture yourself after the fun we had on Wednesday? We all knew Tyrese was good. We'll likely never know what finally made it Tyrese instead of Fox, but Fox has also looked better in the two games since. I don't care about all star appearances if both players make it I'm ok. I care about wins.

If we make the playoffs (6 seed or higher if this dopey play in continues to exist) in 23 and 24 I will consider it a fair trade.
That first quarter was really fun to watch but it also involved Buddy making all his shots and playing smart, Tyrese literally not missing a single shot, and Jalen Smith playing like a guy worthy of getting picked ahead of Haliburton. Also the Cavs are missing their All-Star point guard.
not sure why everyone’s already out here firing off hot takes in game 1 of the new era.

Hey, I've watched more C-Webb later years where he was only a shade of himself than I care to count. This at least you're watching your (well, my) favorite young player blossoming, hopefully as the Kings are as well.

They say true maturity is to be able to let go of things you love. :p

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
That first quarter was really fun to watch but it also involved Buddy making all his shots and playing smart, Tyrese literally not missing a single shot, and Jalen Smith playing like a guy worthy of getting picked ahead of Haliburton. Also the Cavs are missing their All-Star point guard.
not sure why everyone’s already out here firing off hot takes in game 1 of the new era.
Because Tyrese is never going to miss a shot again :D

Hey, I've watched more C-Webb later years where he was only a shade of himself than I care to count. This at least you're watching your (well, my) favorite young player blossoming, hopefully as the Kings are as well.

Unlike the olden days, we can actually watch our favorite players after they have left. I thoroughly enjoy watching that young man. I want Hali to succeed and I have no doubt he will.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

I'm not against following Tyrese. I'm just saying let's not bang our heads against the wall or forget we look ok too. I was advocating a reset before the moves were made. I don't know how much long term potential this new team has but if we aren't in the playoffs the next two years I give up.

*but will still be here.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair, isn't that exactly what we did after the Kings beat a mediocre Timberwolves team on Wednesday?

Domas and Hali will be there. I haven’t seen all star play from fox. That’s not shade towards fox. I just don’t think he’s all star level.
Yeah, it is indeed shade.

Swipa has already played well enough during his career to warrant an all-star popularity bid. Just because he hasn’t won that popularity contest doesn’t mean he’s not all-star level.

Countless players have made the team and/or been considered all-stars while doing less.

It’s one thing to not believe him to be a franchise level player, but not at a level to be considered an all-star? Give me a break.