Tyrese Haliburton wants Kings to regret trade, sees Pacers as 'blessing'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the part where the Kings didn't believe in him, etc. that gets me. We drafted him. We loved him. The team sucked. Unfortunately the path to getting better involved moving a good player.

This is hopefully a win-win deal.
He was traded for an all star. Proves how much we valued him, if anything. it’s not as if he was traded for scraps

Exactly, as long as he provides answers that ignite at least the Kings fan base and possibly the Pacers as well, they are going to keep asking. It's lazy journalism in this day of clicks and negative engagement substituting for quality content.
I agree completely with you, and yet find it disheartening we feel it both necessary and productive when a young athlete answers these inane, clickbait questions with heart-on-sleeve honesty, we admonish him for his lack of media savvy. Like we’re all collectively Crash Davis taking Tyrese “Nuke Laloosh” Halliburton under our wing:

"Y'know, I'm just happy to be here and hope I can help the ballclub. I just want to give it my best shot and good Lord willing, things'll work out... gotta play 'em one day at a time, Y'know..."

Being traded for the first time is a pivotal moment for any NBA player (see Kevin Heurter's comments). Why do people think Tyrese should not have the right to talk about something that deeply affected him? Is it because what he says makes people uncomfortable? Replying with canned answers that have no meaning is not his style and thank God for that.

He's admitting that he had some immature feelings about the trade & has since then grown to have a more mature view on things. We're seeing a young man grow before our eyes. Seriously, we have to ask if the fans are the ones acting immature?

gunks

Hall of Famer
The fact that he's so hurt by the trade shows that it wasn't just lip service when he was saying he wanted to be here to help turn this franchise around.

Hali can talk all the **** he wants, I still like him and Indy got a keeper. Although for his sake, hopefully he gets over it. End of the day he's making millions to play a sport he loves, no reason to mope around like he's KD.

Now as for all the media heads with the "derpa derp Kangz" narrative? They can go eff themselves. Domas is a stud in his own right and a better fit with Fox, so I think we'll be alright.

The fact that he's so hurt by the trade shows that it wasn't just lip service when he was saying he wanted to be here to help turn this franchise around.

Hali can talk all the **** he wants, I still like him and Indy got a keeper. Although for his sake, hopefully he gets over it. End of the day he's making millions to play a sport he loves, no reason to mope around like he's KD.

Now as for all the media heads with the "derpa derp Kangz" narrative? They can go eff themselves. Domas is a stud in his own right and a better fit with Fox, so I think we'll be alright.
We sometimes forget that these a very young men. I'm not sure how I would have reacted if I was traded from my first job at 22.... lol. Hopefully he now loves Indiana and stays there for the rest of his career as it seems that's just how he's made. I'm also cool with the trade and excited by the prospects of the upcoming year. Regardless of whether it was the smart trade for the next 10 years, it's nice to have potentially a cohesive well thought out roster with Domas in the middle of everything. As much as I loved Hali's youthful enthusiasm, Domas is just as infectious. He seems to truly love playing basketball and loves being in Sac.

There’s finally a guy who loved this team and fanbase and city enough to be so heartbroken about being traded away out of the blue and we’re like “STFU GET OVER IT DUDE”

Love ya, Hali and like with DMC before you I hope you smoke us when we play again.

At least I like the dude we got for you this time though! Haha
He ran to us when every draft pick runs the opposite way and I’m reading people say get over it kid

Love Sabonis, but tough watching this guy run FT PG duties and killing it. Main reason I was hoping fox was going to be the centerpiece of the deal.
Kings built around the wrong dude. I'm with you there.

Still waiting for this team to triple down on culture--like the Spurs, who've cut bait on two recent first round picks. Cutting bait, projecting, and properly valuing players is a skill that this team has lacked for years...........

Status
Not open for further replies.