Tyreke trade

What do you think about a Tyreke for Evan Turner swap. I personally don't see Tyreke meshing any better with shoot first guys like Jimmer, Thornton, and Aaron Brooks. Who all worry about getting their own shots/points.

Philly gets wing scoring they need, and someone who can get to the line consistently. Tyreke gets a fresh start back home. Collins could be the coach to get him to buy into playing team basketball and to put out more effort on the defensive end.
Kings get the perfect team first, unselfish player in Evan Turner. If given 36mpg Turner seems capable of at least 14-16ppg, 7-8rebs and 3-4 assists.
Turner would excel with talented outside shooters Thornton, Jimmer, Brooks just like when he was at OSU. He is a very good defender and puts in the effort unlike Evans. To top it off he would make the one of the best rebounding teams in the league even stronger.

Nope, Turner looks good in a 76ers uniform to me. You better hang on to him. The Kings will keep Tyreke while he finds his game. Tyreke is 23 and has time to improve and I think he will. People forget that Tyreke is the 4th youngest player on the Kings. Only Cousins, Honeycutt and Robinson are younger.

KB

Could we change the title of this to say "Possible Tyreke Trade" or "Tyreke Trade Idea"...still doesn't change the fact that it won't happen.

this is laughable. we have some stupid coaches who can't get the most out of reke. it's frustrating to see him not use his god given abilities properly.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
might be the worst trade in history
Well, while its a trade that I wouldn't make, and by the way, I really like Evan Turner, I think its far from being the worse trade in history. Hell, the Kings themselves have made worse trades since they've been in sacramento. But that aside, at the moment, Tyreke is a better player than Turner. So I wouldn't make the trade.

speaking of tyreke he came up to me while I was working at the movies last night. nice guy. he told his gf I was his homie when she asked why he left his credit card at the counter and walked away.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If you trade Tyreke, you trade him for a guy that can shoot outside and spread the floor. Not Turner. The ideal trade would sacrifice some of the penetration ability that Tyreke has for a guy with a much better outside shot, but who can't penetrate as well. I think we'll know by Jan 1 if Tyreke is on the block or not because by then it will be apparent to all whether his shot has appreciably improved.

Turner isn't good enough. He is not as good a player now, and doesn't have the athletic potential to make up for it.

If Turner was a great shooter in addition to good D, or a good shooter who played great D, then it would make some sense. But as of now he's a couple notches below Batum, which is about the level I would trade Reke.

Last edited:
flat out nasty. I wouldnt trade tyreke unless its for a top tier all star. Same for boogie. The talents too much and he's focused and healthy this season. Skys the limit