Tyreke at Rucker Park

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
was trying to get some feel for the form on the jumpers, but everyone seemed different. Least they went in I suppose, and only the first one from the corner had the leg kick.

I'm not sure all these glorified pickup games he does over the summer really help with his NBA development though. Like trying to diet and going out to eat with your three 300lb foodie friends.

was trying to get some feel for the form on the jumpers, but everyone seemed different. Least they went in I suppose, and only the first one from the corner had the leg kick.

I'm not sure all these glorified pickup games he does over the summer really help with his NBA development though. Like trying to diet and going out to eat with your three 300lb foodie friends.
And jumping around on concrete courts gives those knees a pounding they really shouldn't be taking. Those exhibition games do nothing for Tyreke and are probably harmful to his game. He also seems to be all over the country traveling again. More travel means less time working on his jumper.

And jumping around on concrete courts gives those knees a pounding they really shouldn't be taking. Those exhibition games do nothing for Tyreke and are probably harmful to his game. He also seems to be all over the country traveling again. More travel means less time working on his jumper.
I agree but alot of NBA players do go there to play a couple games (Durant, Lebron, Kobe, Dirk, Iggy etc..). As long as he doesn't spend his whole summer there its all good.

Oh yay more ISOball from Tyreke =/

Nah seriously though if he wants to play pick up games cool but I don't think that footage really means anything at all. Shooting J's vs former college and streetball players is one thing, shooting with a long defender like Tayshaun Prince or LeBron trying to close out on you is entirely different.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I yearn for the good old days when players could have some free time without the fans going all anal about what they were doing, where, how it would affect their games, etc. Some of you make Eric Musselman look like a free spirit in terms of wanting to micro-manage every single thing that Tyreke (or any other player for that matter) does...

Just my two cents.

I agree but alot of NBA players do go there to play a couple games (Durant, Lebron, Kobe, Dirk, Iggy etc..). As long as he doesn't spend his whole summer there its all good.
Agree. We know he didn't take an extended vacation this year and worked out hard with Petrie. He's supposedly going to LA to work out with Richmond too IIRC. If he spends the next couple weeks doing nothing but pick up games, I would be disappointed.

However, for him to go play in one of these games is no big deal. Agree with you that a lot of NBA players do a handful of games at these parks or in various charity games.

Yeah, not sure we can gleam anything about his game from this. But I will say, he does look slimmer than last season. That was something Petrie mentioned as well. Would be a great start to they year if he came into camp in his best shape ever.

I yearn for the good old days when players could have some free time without the fans going all anal about what they were doing, where, how it would affect their games, etc. Some of you make Eric Musselman look like a free spirit in terms of wanting to micro-manage every single thing that Tyreke (or any other player for that matter) does...

Just my two cents.
I totally agree there is a real culture of this kind of behaviour about.

The replies to tweets are especially embarrassing.

like when a player posts a picture of a dinner with friends and gets the reply "you should be in the gym working on your game"

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Just my two cents.
The world is loaded with, the cup is half empty, people. I aways find it amusing what people can come up with, to be critical of. So for the record. Here's what I'm critical of. The results! I have this stupid notion, that all you can really judge, is what the result of the work is, and then, if necessary, the work. I've actually had people argue with me about baseball on a baseball fourm. And I was a professional baseball player! Doesn't make me the last word, but I do think I know something about playing the game, and what goes on in the lockerroom.

If Tyreke comes back this season and hasn't improved his jumpshot, there will be plenty of time to criticize. But can we lighten up a bit right now. He's entitled to a little fun in the offseason.

Just my two cents.
In a sense I get where your coming from...but in reality these guys get paid millions to play a game. Yes, they work extremely hard during the season and off it... but he will have plenty of free time to do whatever he wants, unscrutinized, when he retires at the age of 35 with a 100 Mil in the bank. Not saying I have a problem with him playing some pick up games but lets not act like were getting to hard on these players... if he shows up every year and gets better he can do whatever he wants. Until then there is gonna be a level of criticism like there would be with any player.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The world is loaded with, the cup is half empty, people. I aways find it amusing what people can come up with, to be critical of. So for the record. Here's what I'm critical of. The results! I have this stupid notion, that all you can really judge, is what the result of the work is, and then, if necessary, the work. I've actually had people argue with me about baseball on a baseball fourm. And I was a professional baseball player! Doesn't make me the last word, but I do think I know something about playing the game, and what goes on in the lockerroom.

If Tyreke comes back this season and hasn't improved his jumpshot, there will be plenty of time to criticize. But can we lighten up a bit right now. He's entitled to a little fun in the offseason.
Exactly. We'll see early next season on the court whether he's improved, or not. Show me the results.