[Game] T'Wolves at Kings, Monday Feb. 3, 7 PM PST/10 PM EST

Cut the dramatics, dude. I'm a moderator and a fan. You're over-reacting to the point where it's just silly for me to continue.

For the record, though? I have not taken ANY mod actions against you in any way, shape or form. That's weak sauce.
No “dramatics” or “over-reacting” (sic) on this end. It’s apparent that you and I are not going to agree on the matters discussed, and maybe little to nothing else. I’m perfectly fine with that and I’ve said what needed to be said. You’ve opined as well, so I suggest we leave it be at this point.

At the risk of sounding like a downer, I am still not ready to call Fox a star PG. I disagree about the idea that his assists would be up if guys made shots - I think he has been a very effective scorer at times on days when his shot has been falling. Against some teams that has been good enough to get us wins, but against others him not passing the ball and just trying to score will not be enough for us going forward. If he starts being more consistent (don't forget he had a very very bad Lakers game, and miracle comeback Wolves game too up till the 4th quarter and OT) and starts getting guys involved more then I'll be ready to declare him a sure-star. For now though, it's still just potential, but I remain hopeful. I am also cognisant of the limitations that the system might be putting on him and the rest of the team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At the risk of sounding like a downer, I am still not ready to call Fox a star PG. I disagree about the idea that his assists would be up if guys made shots - I think he has been a very effective scorer at times on days when his shot has been falling. Against some teams that has been good enough to get us wins, but against others him not passing the ball and just trying to score will not be enough for us going forward. If he starts being more consistent (don't forget he had a very very bad Lakers game, and Clippers too up till the 4th quarter and OT) and starts getting guys involved more then I'll be ready to declare him a sure-star. For now though, it's still just potential, but I remain hopeful. I am also cognisant of the limitations that the system might be putting on him and the rest of the team.
How can you possibly disagree that if the guy on the receiving end of a pass makes a bucket it will cause the number of assists of the guy making the pass to go up?

Bogie got to the line this game more than he normally does in about 3 weeks.

I didnt get to see the game. Was he attacking the rim?
He does not get those calls (attacking the rim). as already mentioned by someone 3 were on a 3pt attempt, 2 were at the end of the game after a defensive rebound with 0.1 second left (wolves were trying to tie). So that is 5 right there.

EDIT: and if my memory serves me correctly 2 other ones were after the Wolves were in the penalty after a defensive rebound or a steal or something like that but they were on the Kings side of the court.

How can you possibly disagree that if the guy on the receiving end of a pass makes a bucket it will cause the number of assists of the guy making the pass to go up?
What I mean is you can't just use that as an excuse as if he's making all these brilliant passes and would be averaging 10 assists but guys are just bricking shots all the time. Obviously mechanically the statement is true.

Not saying you’re wrong, but are you sure about this?

I couldn’t make heads or tails of what their discussion was about and unfortunately Kayte didn’t bother to ask during the post game interview.
I was watching the game and I rewound it to see. The whole scrum happened between Wiggins and CoJo. It just spilled over while they were reviewing the foul of Bogi. Fox got into it to defend his people.

But I'm sure you know more than me so go ahead and tell us how it went. I'll listen.

In hindsight, it did kind of look like Cojo kiicked his leg back to trip Wiggins after he landed. It was a 70% Bruce Bowen kind if play. I dont THINK CoJo did it on purpose. But I wouldn't have a problem believing that he did in that situation. Its close.

I'm sure you know more than me so go ahead and tell us how it went. I'll listen.

In hindsight, it did kind of look like Cojo kiicked his leg back to trip Wiggins after he landed. It was a 70% Bruce Bowen kind if play. I dont THINK CoJo did it on purpose. But I wouldn't have a problem believing that he did in that situation. Its close.
Sorry, I thought I made it clear in my initial reply — I have no clue how it went. That’s why I asked if you were sure.

Because nobody asked about it in the postgame interviews, that I heard, and the camera didn’t follow the action until we saw Fox, Wiggins and KAT engaged in conversation.

So I was curious what happened and why. What you outlined sounds reasonable, I just wondered how you figured it out or whether you heard it confirmed by someone.

That’s all. I in no way can refute what you said.