[Game] T'Wolves at Kings, Monday Feb. 3, 7 PM PST/10 PM EST

I have been trying to find different excuses in my head for us not picking up Giles' clause, but every time I watch him play, I can't help but be baffled by that decision.

Although, purely from a basketball fan's standpoint, if he ends up getting picked up by, say the Spurs on the cheap, he might actually have a higher chance to fulfill his potential... :rolleyes:
He would be perfect in Denver. He can play Jokic game, while Jokic rests.

For the season:
  • 20.2 PPG
  • 4.3 RPG
  • 7.0 APG
  • 48.2% FG
  • 20.83 PER

Stats aren't everything, but those are pretty darn good for our PG.
Ya but something about Ja having more fire in his belly. Or something.

Fox has taken a real leap on offense, even if some don't want to see it. He's taken a MASSIVE leap in USG (over 5% from last season up to 29.2%) and currently 16th highest in the NBA. Yet he's been able to maintain his efficiency at 55% TS, he's getting to the FT line more, he's up his rebounding rate and he's upped his assist rate by over 4%. And he's gotten his turnover problem from the beginning of the year under control. Really, his only issue on offense has been his FT% at 68% where it needs to be at least in the high 70's. Everything else from him has been quality #1 production.

Not sure about the defense, but he's just about every statistic has had him regress in that regard. He hasn't gotten a ton of run with Holmes yet, which is probably a big factor. Willing to bet to see the defensive numbers pick up with a bigger sample size with Holmes.

Fox seems like a antidote to the skinny/small PG's he's crushed Tra/Ja (still better than Fox)/Napier but guys that give him trouble seem to be the Bledsoe/Brogdan tankie types.

I expect to see more teams putting maybe SG/SF's on him since your pretty much giving up speed anyone and putting the PG (if smallish/skinny) on Bogi.

The Kings pulled out the win. Interesting to see them play relaxed with good defense in the first half. They came out shaky in the third and nearly gave the game away. The Kings' confidence level changes every 5 minutes. It is the most frustrating thing about being a KIngs fan.

Fox is playing like an all-star.
Hield is better off the bench.
Bogdan is playing well.
I still like Barnes.
Dedmon played like we thought he could, with defense and rebounding making a huge contribution.
Small ball worked against Minn.

For the season:
  • 20.2 PPG
  • 4.3 RPG
  • 7.0 APG
  • 48.2% FG
  • 20.83 PER

Stats aren't everything, but those are pretty darn good for our PG.
Those stats don't do him complete justice either. Think of how many more points he'd have if he got the same foul calls as other top point guards and how many more assists he'd have if our guys could make shots consistently. He'd be a 25/10/4 player.

Saw Bazemore up close and personal tonight. I was impressed. He made the play of the game on getting to a loose ball and had the crowd chanting his name because of it. Overall, he played great D, and I expect as he gets more comfortable in the offense he'll make plays on that side of the ball as well. He is a physical presence at the wing that the Kings have needed badly for some time now.

If the Kings do trade Dedmon, they better get something very good for him. He's showed he's a legit post defender. If he ever can get some 3s to go down, it would send Kings' fans to the moon.
Baze was playing some hard-nose defense; smart hustle plays (as well). He was getting under KAT's skin. Dedmon had his best game of the season.

Fox deserves to be in the running for player of the week. Hope he continues so we can inch closer to at least 5 or 6 games under .500 and see what happens
I think Dame is averaging what, 50 points a game this week?
Fox has had some great games this week tho. I thought how he started the game last night he would have eclipsed his career high in points.

The Kings pulled out the win. Interesting to see them play relaxed with good defense in the first half. They came out shaky in the third and nearly gave the game away. The Kings' confidence level changes every 5 minutes. It is the most frustrating thing about being a KIngs fan.

Fox is playing like an all-star.
Hield is better off the bench.
Bogdan is playing well.
I still like Barnes.
Dedmon played like we thought he could, with defense and rebounding making a huge contribution.
Small ball worked against Minn.
They didnt come out shaky in the 3rd. Walton waited to long to sub then put in 3 at the same time. They were up 18 with 3:30 to go in the 3rd when he made his first sub of buddy, giles and baze for dedmon bogie and belli. Fox was subbed 3 possesions later after the lead was cut to 14 and they ended the quarter up 9.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It looked like KAT and Wiggins were giving Fox some kind of grief right at the end of the game. Doug even made some mention I think about bigs picking on a point guard. My DVR stopped early, though, so I couldn't go back and view it again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you want to draw some sort of parallel between DMC and KAT feel free, but that particular arbitrary “take” came out of nowhere and had NOTHING to do with my original comment. Holmes is a stud and the best big man the Kings have, but he is not any kind of a threat from the perimeter like KAT. Those two are completely different players with entirely different roles. Dedmon was OUTSTANDING tonight, but he’s been a non-factor this season with rare exception. It’s obvious the Kings don’t have a strong core of big men, so you can celebrate guys like Dedmon all you want but he is overall quite marginal at best - and horrendously overpaid for what he provides. I’ll be happy to change my opinion if/when he contributes consistently with the minutes he is given.
It obviously went over your head. This isn't about Dedmon; it isn't about DMC. It's actually how incredibly over-rated some of us think KAT is/has been. I'm out.

Have a good day.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bogie got to the line this game more than he normally does in about 3 weeks.

I didnt get to see the game. Was he attacking the rim?
He actually showed some nice variety in his offense. Right about the time Doug started to caution the Kings against settling for 3s when they put the Wolves in the penalty, Bogs and Fox and the others to some extent actually remembered that a hard drive inside can also net 3 points with the bonus of reducing the efficiency of their opponents. ;)

It obviously went over your head. This isn't about Dedmon; it isn't about DMC. It's actually how incredibly over-rated some of us think KAT is/has been. I'm out.

Have a good day.
You are wrong. The mention of specific names and comparisons/correlations didn’t come from me - I was simply responding to those statements. I can’t reason with unreasonable people. You have a good day as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You are wrong. The mention of specific names and comparisons/correlations didn’t come from me - I was simply responding to those statements. I can’t reason with unreasonable people. You have a good day as well.
You made an initial misread of the situation. I didn't. I wasn't and am not wrong. I've known Mr. S£im for a very long time. If he were actually taunting you, you'd know it...as would everyone else. If you think that was unreasonable, you're in for a big surprise at some point. ;)

You made an initial misread of the situation. I didn't. I wasn't and am not wrong. I've known Mr. S£im for a very long time. If he were actually taunting you, you'd know it...as would everyone else. If you think that was unreasonable, you're in for a big surprise at some point. ;)
Oh, I see. This is the point at which I need to kowtow to you so you don’t censor me simply because I’m sticking to my guns? What rule have I violated? I and others are questioning if the “code of conduct“ is imposed fairly and if you hold yourself to the same standards as you hold the rest of us. With all due respect, I don’t think anyone should be allowed to act as a moderator and to comment on the same thread. It creates the appearance of a conflict. I’m not trying to be a jerk, I’m just relating an opinion.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh, I see. This is the point at which I need to kowtow to you so you don’t censor me simply because I’m sticking to my guns? What rule have I violated? I and others are questioning if the “code of conduct“ is imposed fairly and if you hold yourself to the same standards as you hold the rest of us. With all due respect, I don’t think anyone should be allowed to act as a moderator and to comment on the same thread. It creates the appearance of a conflict. I’m not trying to be a jerk, I’m just relating an opinion.
Cut the dramatics, dude. I'm a moderator and a fan. You're over-reacting to the point where it's just silly for me to continue.

For the record, though? I have not taken ANY mod actions against you in any way, shape or form. That's weak sauce.

Those stats don't do him complete justice either. Think of how many more points he'd have if he got the same foul calls as other top point guards and how many more assists he'd have if our guys could make shots consistently. He'd be a 25/10/4 player.
I think he will get there in a few years. He's been developing quite nice tbh.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
With all due respect, I don’t think anyone should be allowed to act as a moderator and to comment on the same thread. It creates the appearance of a conflict. I’m not trying to be a jerk, I’m just relating an opinion.
You might notice that the active moderators occupy positions #1, #3, #9, and #13 in all-time posts at KF.com (post-apocalypse, as VF would point out). And position #2 is held by a former member who also was a moderator.

You see, that's the way this place works. Moderators are members too, and for fairly obvious reasons, quite active members. That's not going to change. This isn't a court of law where those "in power" recuse themselves to avoid the impression of impropriety, it's an internet message board. So you'll need to learn to work with it, or find a board where mods recuse themselves (which, BTW, I've never heard of).