TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have become totally addicted to the Food Network, DIY and HGTV. Oh, and game shows. Especially "America Says" and "25 Words or Less"... and "Family Feud."

:)

I'm likely starting the current season today sometime. Which episode? And when you say "moving the needle" - is that good or bad? :oops:
4th Episode. It’s a good thing. I was a little disappointed in the last season...a lot of the events/plotting felt inconsequential to the overall story. S5E4 was NOT inconsequential :D

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
4th Episode. It’s a good thing. I was a little disappointed in the last season...a lot of the events/plotting felt inconsequential to the overall story. S5E4 was NOT inconsequential :D
Thanks! I think it was Season 2 (or 3? I think 2) that lagged a bit in the middle, but in generally this show has been pretty good. I know what you mean about last season though.

I watched S5E1 today waiting for my car to be serviced. I'm taking another car in Monday morning for brakes/alignment, so I will likely catch another couple episodes then. Might get to E4 on Wednesday when I'm donating platelets/plasma for a couple hours. :)

Started two new series, 1 with the wife and 1 without

Jack Ryan on Prime, season 1, damn good show, binge worthy

Unbelieveable on Netflix. Watched 6 of 8 episodes last night with the wife, she would have watched all of them if not for me. Really good.
Highly recommend both if you are looking for stuff to watch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I feel like the only kid on the block who doesn't have cable. :p

My satellite TV/Internet just doesn't support streaming services so Netflix, Disney+, etc. are all unavailable to me.

Binged The Queen’s Gambit over Christmas. A lot of fun, even for my wife who once accused me of cheating when I castled.

Started working through The Crown. Quality ebbs and flows wildly from episode to episode, and honestly expected to have zero interest in the royal family (which remains true), but actually enjoy the political intrigue and historical context

... even if a lot of that historical context is pulled out of the sky.

Also, corgis!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
We are 3 episodes into Season 3 of Cobra Kai - still entertaining, but some of the acting, dialogue, and character decisions are still in the slightly cornball territory (just like the first 2 seasons).

We are 3 episodes into Season 3 of Cobra Kai - still entertaining, but some of the acting, dialogue, and character decisions are still in the slightly cornball territory (just like the first 2 seasons).
Oh man. I loved season 3, even if the ending was predictable.
I appreciated the back story with Kreese. He's still a jerk, but it at least paints a fuller picture.
Except for the part with Hawk. I DID NOT see that turn coming. And Johnny coming THIIIIS close to reuniting with Ali romantically, but ultimately choosing Carmen. I feel like this will come back to haunt him in Season 4 somehow.

Finished season 2 of Jack Ryan. Really good show.

Finished season 3 of Cobra Kai. I mean it’s cheesy, it’s soap operaish, and all over the place but it’s also got some good writing and characters in there and it’s completely enjoyable.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
From what little I’ve seen, this looks absolutely bananas to me. Don’t know what to expect, but definitely intrigued and the early feedback seems positive.
I'm intentionally not watching any trailers, etc., because I know I'll watch it anyways and want to be surprised. I do the same for some of the big movies coming out.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Finished season 3 of Cobra Kai. I mean it’s cheesy, it’s soap operaish, and all over the place but it’s also got some good writing and characters in there and it’s completely enjoyable.
Just finished season 3 tonight as well. You are 100% correct with your assessment. I think we all saw this coming (non-spoiler reference to the last episode) but darn it if I am not wanting to see how it plays out next season. ;)

We've been bingeing Below Deck which is funny because my partner will not go on a boat. I'm ready to go on a cruise again. Hoping I can score a cheapie thanks to the Vid. We'll see, I guess.

Ok, got up early as usual before teaching zoom and watched WandaVision. Had reservations going in based on the previews and “what the hell is going on” vibe it gave me.

After seeing the 2 episodes, they seemingly have nailed it. Still not sure what is going on exactly other than something is going on but it is exactly....don’t know other than some very cryptic clues.

And they nailed the early childhood tv sitcoms that I had watched down to the look and dialogue. Excited to see where this goes.