TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

I found the listing for it and have it set to record. I could really use "eccentrically wholesome" show to watch right now. ;)
I'd like to hear what you think. I watched the two reruns that were on tonight and I just can't help but smile the whole time. If you enjoy it, I recommend watching the series in order since there is some continuity and little details that connect to past scenes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd like to hear what you think. I watched the two reruns that were on tonight and I just can't help but smile the whole time. If you enjoy it, I recommend watching the series in order since there is some continuity and little details that connect to past scenes.
I have no idea why, but I actually liked it. Kind of a Stuart Smalley meets Mr. Bean kind of vibe. It looks like the reruns are being run pretty much in order, at least according to my program guide.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Binged quite a bit of Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu The last 2 days. Up to 2.3. This show is great. Love the flashbacks to get character backgrounds and how we got to this point in time similar to Lost.

I have no idea why, but I actually liked it. Kind of a Stuart Smalley meets Mr. Bean kind of vibe. It looks like the reruns are being run pretty much in order, at least according to my program guide.
It's only going to get better. You only missed the first two episodes, which are primarily set up to introduce the main character, his friends, and his neighbors. The episode where he begins teaching at the school is a good place to start as far as continuity is concerned. I still recommend watching the first two episodes, particularly the one where he goes out for breakfast.

I really want to try a perfect egg bite.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Jervis
has nearly single-handedly saved Season 3. Excellent performance (so far).

And I’m at the end of S3. This show has flown off the rails in not a good way.

Hit the 1hour & 40minute finale earlier tonight. I actually hated nearly every single minute of it minus the closing thirty seconds. Felt like I was watching for hours longer than it actually was. Seemed the timer never got closer to the ending. Haha

Last edited:
We finished all 3 seasons of Ozark last night after starting it up a few days ago. Solid series. Impressive how the show develops its supporting characters making you care about (some) people you initially hated. The cycle of: “Byrdes meet people, make deals with them, have conflicts with them, those people die,” gets a little predictable and stale by the end of season 3.

Finally started up Stranger Things and binged the first season. My honest opinion is it’s a little bloated to stretch the runtime to 8 episodes, and I think they could have cut a little fat to tell a more streamlined story. BUT it’s ability to capture the essence of its early 80s inspirations is absolutely killer. Intrigued, and eager to start Part 2.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Finished Gotham. Had it’s fair share of ups and downs (especially season 3 onward), but was mostly enjoyable. The series finale seemed rushed beyond belief through... I wish they could have had another episode or two to build to the endpoint.

Finished the current full run of Stranger Things. Season 2 proved a tad disappointing with at least two unfocused and uninteresting plot lines with minimal payoff, a little too heavy on the 80s movie references, too much rehashing of elements from Season 1, and not a whole lot of character development.

However, it is a decent bridge and set-up for Season 3, which I find absolutely phenomenal. There is a great deal of synergy in the storytelling as all of the multiple, congruent story arcs are well-paced and interesting, building to a cohesive and clearly defined end-point. The 80s references, for the most part, are appropriately more flavor text than central plot points. And the character groupings are expertly matched. Old charters develop in exciting and natural ways, and new characters add needed missing elements. Plus, the dialogue is clever and natural. Season 3 of Stranger Things might be my favorite full season of a TV show in history, supplanting Season 1 of House of Cards and Season 2 of Lost

I'm hyped for Season 4.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
https://deadline.com/2020/04/levera...n-kane-aldis-hodge-amazon-studios-1202912578/

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, Leverage is my favorite TV show of all time, and I hated seeing it end. On the other hand, Hardison was Leverage to me, and if he's only going to be available on a part-time basis, I'm not sure how that's going to work... And who's going to handle the hacking in the episodes when Aldis isn't available?

The news of Timothy Hutton not being part of the show is less troubling to me, other than to wonder whether Noah Wyle is a recast Nate Ford, or if they are just replacing the character?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
https://deadline.com/2020/04/levera...n-kane-aldis-hodge-amazon-studios-1202912578/

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, Leverage is my favorite TV show of all time, and I hated seeing it end. On the other hand, Hardison was Leverage to me, and if he's only going to be available on a part-time basis, I'm not sure how that's going to work... And who's going to handle the hacking in the episodes when Aldis isn't available?

The news of Timothy Hutton not being part of the show is less troubling to me, other than to wonder whether Noah Wyle is a recast Nate Ford, or if they are just replacing the character?
I'm looking forward to it. I like Noah Wylie and hope his character isn't a reimaging of Nate Ford. I really liked The Librarians and hope he does as well in this as he did in that.

I'm looking forward to it. I like Noah Wylie and hope his character isn't a reimaging of Nate Ford. I really liked The Librarians and hope he does as well in this as he did in that.
Check out Baptiste on masterpiece on PBS. It originated from a show called The Missing in Starz which was amazing (2 seasons and now a 3rd with Baptiste)

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Just finished watching Electric Dreams on Prime Video. It consists of 10 short "movies" (about 45-50 minutes each) based on the works of Philip K. Dick (known for the books that led to Blade Runner, Total Recall, The Man in the High Castle, etc.). Pretty decent production value on these and some of the stories are very good. Overall I'd say it is worth it for folks wanting to find some different (short) sci-fi stories to watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Dreams_(2017_TV_series)

dude12

Hall of Famer
On Prime been watching Tales from the Loop

its a series and it’s a bit sci-fi but at the same time not over the top. I’m intrigued enough that I keep watching the next episode, then the next. About half way thru.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
On Prime been watching Tales from the Loop

its a series and it’s a bit sci-fi but at the same time not over the top. I’m intrigued enough that I keep watching the next episode, then the next. About half way thru.
Interesting - I added it to my list of stuff to watch. Need something to keep my mind on the elliptical (almost) every day - I have a few things lined up but it's good to keep the hopper full. :) Some of the stories actually sound like they could belong to Electric Dreams as well.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Interesting - I added it to my list of stuff to watch. Need something to keep my mind on the elliptical (almost) every day - I have a few things lined up but it's good to keep the hopper full. :) Some of the stories actually sound like they could belong to Electric Dreams as well.
I haven’t seen Electric Dreams but going off the description, yes.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Has anyone watched The Man in the High Castle or Bosch or any other Prime Original series? Wondering what to watch next as these are rated highly. I did start Zero, Zero, Zero but am looking for something else the wife and I might like together

Has anyone watched The Man in the High Castle or Bosch or any other Prime Original series? Wondering what to watch next as these are rated highly. I did start Zero, Zero, Zero but am looking for something else the wife and I might like together
I’ve seen the first two seasons of The Man in the High Castle, really enjoyed it. My wife liked it too. There was a long gap before season 3 was released and I still haven’t gotten to it, as I wanted to revisit the first two seasons before I did. A colleague of mine just recommended Bosch, but I’ve yet to check it out. Another Prime series that I recommend is Sneaky Pete.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
The Man in the High Castle is a very good show. As is Jack Ryan.

I also liked The Expanse (not sure what you two like, this is sci-fi space stuff) - it flounders a bit in the beginning of season 2 but fires up again towards the second half.