TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

Comedy Central is streaming on their website all 2500+ episodes of Jon Stewart's run on The Daily Show from now until his last episode in August. I've been enjoying revisiting a show I've always loved but have never rewatched.

Let's see:

The Goldbergs (an instant classic)
Fresh Off the Boat (hilarious)
The Middle (funny and sweet)
Modern Family (the powerhouse comedy)
Last Man on Earth (so awesome, everyone should watch this show)
Dr. Who (the most epic sci-fi TV show since Firefly)
My Big Fat Fabulous Life (Whitney is hilarious)
Mysteries of Laura (a surprisingly good show)
Man vs Wild (Who doesn't love Bear)
Naked and Afraid (captivating)
Alaskan Bush People (they are insane)
Criminal Minds (a classic)
Castle (has been better, but is still wonderful)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I usually like the American Horror Story series...I decided to tune in for season 5 and check out the first episode. Let's just say I won't be watching that show any longer....just sick and twisted.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Let's see:

Dr. Who (the most epic sci-fi TV show since Firefly)
Castle (has been better, but is still wonderful)
While I absolutely loved Firefly, I cannot put it above the Dr.

As far as Castle goes, I have watched that show from the beginning - until this season. I quit for the same reason I quit watching Moonlighting back in the day.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
So...

Digging into Flash season 1, Arrow season3, Marvel's Agents of Shield, and Blindspot. Waiting for Daredevil season 2 and the other Netflix superhero seasons to drop. And a year ago I wasn't watching much of any TV......argh. I don't have time for this!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That scene where she was watching the woman from the kitchen window was just ...wow. That was terrifying
What about the scene with her talking to Max (the little boy). As they said on The Talking Dead, I was almost convinced she was going to tell him to "look at the pretty flowers." :eek:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fargo is back, and just as compelling as last year.

Bonus credit to the sound director for using the introduction to Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds in the final scene of last night's episode.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
To return to something that I brought up in the No Topic thread last year, I'm kinda mad at @pdxKingsFan right now. I'm starting to feel like you sold me a bill of goods about Previously.tv not being full of cretins.

That said, we're at six-for-six for the season. And I'm going to make the following prediction:

Spoiler/speculation space

They're gonna tease Walter and Paige getting together all season, and the climax will be that, right when it looks like that it's going to happen, Megan succumbs to her illness. And the resultant trauma will undo all of the social/EQ progress that Walter has made, and keep them apart for at least another season.

Meanwhile, Happy and Toby will hook up in time for February sweeps.

End spoiler/speculation space

To return to something that I brought up in the No Topic thread last year, I'm kinda mad at @pdxKingsFan right now. I'm starting to feel like you sold me a bill of goods about Previously.tv not being full of cretins.
Did I stake my rep on that? It's funny because I was visiting that site while watching some show or another but probably haven't since it ended :) Sorry if it's gotten that bad!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Dude, you can't believe how many people on that forum are all up in their feelings about the latest episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. People are seriously pressed over there. With that said:
  1. It was a good episode. Breakout performance for Elizabeth Henstridge, IYAM.
  2. Leo Fitz is a jam up guy. A true friend, to the end.
  3. Poor Fitz. :(

I feel like they may have overcorrected from the pilot, where they didn't mention "Superman" once in the episode. Looks decent so far, though.

And, oh yeah, seven for seven.
Agreed. That whole "not going to say the word Superman, be elude to him repeatedly was plain silly. The writing and acting make me feel like Supergirl is a CW show with an NBC budget.