[Game] Trailblazers @ Kings - 12/27/15 - 6 pm PST, 9 pm EST

Belli gets amazing looks but he can't capitalize..he might need a pointer or 3 from Omri.
Belli has been off for quite a while now. Just not making shots and it looks even worse when he takes his awkward twisting shots. I also hate his jump in the air and pass the ball thing he does. Gets us in trouble too often.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
If a vet has a proven reputation as a good shooter yet isn't shooting well, what do you do with him? You could bench him for the rest of the season or keep playing him to see if his shot comes back. There may be other options. I don't think it is so simple.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Can somebody grow Cauley-Stein a new finger, or something? Even if we continue to start Casspi, at least that would give us somebody to bring off the bench above 6'3", since Karl has made up his mind that he's not going to play Butler or Acy.

When Cauley-Stein and Moreland got injured in successive weeks, Karl must have went Full Mercury Morris.

If a vet has a proven reputation as a good shooter yet isn't shooting well, what do you do with him? You could bench him for the rest of the season or keep playing him to see if his shot comes back. There may be other options. I don't think it is so simple.
Or...use him better? He's running around a LOT with 4 other guys standing still on plays they call for him instead of getting his shot by simple ball movement that he got with the Spurs and Hornets. Pick and roll (instead of pop out), hit the post in DMC, draw the double, and move to the open man. Marco is a good shooter but giving him crappy sets to run to his shot and then ask him to shoot fall aways while nobody does anything is not conducive to success.

Put at the end of the bench like he did Ben and let him work his way back.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Can somebody grow Cauley-Stein a new finger, or something? Even if we continue to start Casspi, at least that would give us somebody to bring off the bench above 6'3", since Karl has made up his mind that he's not going to play Butler or Acy.

When Cauley-Stein and Moreland got injured in successive weeks, Karl must have went Full Mercury Morris.
3 more weeks and he should be back.

I like Casspi's game tonight- flowing, not forcing, good defence and plenty of hustle as always.
His stats are quite nice too- 13 points on 6 shots, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, +11.