trade question

O

OhBoy

"Would I? No. But I guess it depends on the league and how desperate the other team is for a SF."

What are you talking about...it doesn't even matter how desperate they are fir a SF...Are you kidding me?...someone needs to improve their fantasy knowledge...I'd take Wade over Bibby and Van Horn anyday...Bibby is streaky for fantasy stats and van horn rarely shows up..just look at his stats this seaon...wade will give u many categories...and even blocks (for a guard thats a big plus)...good percentages and steals and points..go through with the trade..

OhBoy said:
"Would I? No. But I guess it depends on the league and how desperate the other team is for a SF."

What are you talking about...it doesn't even matter how desperate they are fir a SF...Are you kidding me?...someone needs to improve their fantasy knowledge...I'd take Wade over Bibby and Van Horn anyday...Bibby is streaky for fantasy stats and van horn rarely shows up..just look at his stats this seaon...wade will give u many categories...and even blocks (for a guard thats a big plus)...good percentages and steals and points..go through with the trade..
Uh, I think your agreeing with him.

O

OhBoy

his statement doesn't make sense...if anyone was desperate for a SF they still would not want KVH..hes one of the wort players for fantasy this year..no playing time and weak stats...but i guess i misuderstood..

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
OhBoy said:
his statement doesn't make sense...if anyone was desperate for a SF they still would not want KVH..hes one of the wort players for fantasy this year..no playing time and weak stats...but i guess i misuderstood..
You are assuming many things we do not know. You are assuming he's playing in a weak shallow league with 10 teams of 12 players or some such. He could be referencing a much deeper league with 20 teams of 15 players in whihc case Van horn doesn't look that bad. You are also assuminng that scoring is traditional. Imagine a league which emphasized assists and threes in its scoring categories. All of a sudden Bibby looks more valuable. We simply do not know what the context is. I think the trade is a clear loser for the Wade owner, but maybe the situation isn't so clear. Depends on things we do not know.

P.S. As an aside, Van Horn is averaging 12pts 7rebs in 30mpg so far.

Well, it is a regular yahoo public league of 12 teams, 13 players, my current roster is:

M. Bibby (Sac - PG)
SG M. Harpring (Uta - SG,SF) SG
G J. Tinsley (Ind - PG) G
SF L. Odom (LAL - SF)
PF C. Webber (Phi - PF)
F K. Van Horn (Dal - SF)
C S. Hunter (Phi - PF,C)
C T. Duncan (SA - PF,C)
Util L. Deng (Chi - SG,SF)
Util L. Barbosa (Pho - PG)
BN M. Redd (Mil - SG)
BN B. Wallace (Det - PF,C)
BN G. Hill (Orl - SF)

I was cruising through the available free agents to see if there was anyone I could pick up for whoever wasn't picking up stats, and it was tough to see Bibby as being one of the low stat guys on the team thus far. KVH isn't an all-star, but he's not crappy (double-double with points and rebounds tonight), and Bibby is due to bust out...still, if I'm gonna do something like drop Grant Hill, I wanted someone good for him. The other guy went and drafted all Miami players, I kid you not. Every player on his roster is from the Heat.

I agree with Brick, I wouldn't give up Wade if I had him, but u never know what some people may do...and while i don't want to dump Grant Hill, I need someone contributing points! :(

It also depends how many players your fantasy league will play if you play 8 players -- vs. playing 13 players per day, then you probably would keep bibby and van horn as with a leage that size i imagine good players for every position is spread thin. .. small team sizes I'd keep wade since he's can fill up stats in several categories. Boards, assists, points, steals

Then again I'm no expert :)

I just made the following picks and waivers...

11/10Q. Ross (LAC - SG,SF)AddFree AgentsHyattsville Hyenas11/10L. Deng (Chi - SG,SF)DropHyattsville HyenasWaivers11/10D. Stevenson (Orl - SG)AddFree AgentsHyattsville Hyenas11/10K. Van Horn (Dal - SF)DropHyattsville HyenasWaivers11/10H. Turkoglu (Orl - SG,SF)AddFree AgentsHyattsville Hyenas11/10G. Hill (Orl - SF)DropHyattsville HyenasWaivers

I couldn't rely on staying ahead using 12 players while others used 13, so Grant had to go...I'm watching him closely though. I still say KVH is a decent player but Stevenson had better stats and I had a lot of swingmen, so I rolled the dice...dtto with Ross and Deng. Never thought the Clippers would be 3-0 at this point in the season, I wish I had picked up Sam Cassell :D

FAs I'd look at right now are Troy Hudson, Olowukandi, BJax, Giriceck, Voshard Leonard, the guys I just released, and maybe Ely from the Bobcats.