Trade proposal: Ditch Barnes, grab a first potentially for cap hit this season

How do you view this trade

• Hornets would say no, doesn't matter what we think

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Posted this over at another site let me know what you think.

Well the Hornets would like to find a taker for Batum so they don't have to stretch him, Kings take the opportunity to help with that

Hawks out
Zeller
Batum

Lotto protected first for 4 years then becomes two seconds.

Kings out
Barnes
Parker

Parker is stretched for a hit of 2,166,667 a year instead of Batums's stretch of 9,043,478 a year saving them 6,876,811 a year cap hit of Batum's stretch to get Hayward.

This also frees up 18,163,588 in salary for the Hawks this year to sign Hayward.

Kings hope to get a mid grade pick eventually to help them out, and get out of long term money obligations.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Posted this over at another site let me know what you think.

Well the Hornets would like to find a taker for Batum so they don't have to stretch him, Kings take the opportunity to help with that

Hawks out
Zeller
Batum

Lotto protected first for 4 years then becomes two seconds.

Kings out
Barnes
Parker

Parker is stretched for a hit of 2,166,667 a year instead of Batums's stretch of 9,043,478 a year saving them 6,876,811 a year cap hit of Batum's stretch to get Hayward.

This also frees up 18,163,588 in salary for the Hawks this year to sign Hayward.

Kings hope to get a mid grade pick eventually to help them out, and get out of long term money obligations.
Throw in Malik Monk and I’m in.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I edited your poll. It seemed easier (and a bit sillier) than explaining the following, but since it obviously bombed, here you go:

That RealGM page says that the Kings would end up under the salary cap after this trade, but that is not correct. The team salary would end up at $110.54M after this trade, about $1.4M over the salary cap (and that's before accounting for Haliburton's cap hold - I don't see this year's numbers, but last year the #12 pick had a $3.2M cap hold, this year should be similar). That means the Kings would be clearly about $4.5M over the salary cap, and would have to fit the trade into the "125% + 100K" rule, which it overshoots by about $7.5M. Most likely, RealGM has not updated their salaries to reflect the fact that the Kings picked up Bjelica's team option.

Why y'all wanna trade Barnes so bad? He's our only proven sf and big wing, given that's a historically weak position for us we should be happy to have him. He's a versatile player that fits the team well and a high character guy that does great in the locker room and in the community. He shown he can be a 20ppg scorer is needed but he fits into his role.

Why y'all wanna trade Barnes so bad? He's our only proven sf and big wing, given that's a historically weak position for us we should be happy to have him. He's a versatile player that fits the team well and a high character guy that does great in the locker room and in the community. He shown he can be a 20ppg scorer is needed but he fits into his role.
Because apparently the only reason to sign guys to upper-mid level contracts is as trade chips :D