Toughest King.

Time for a new subject..... just for fun who is the toughest King on the team who you would least like to fight... in other words you know he would kick your ass.... I’ve got Nemanja.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Time for a new subject..... just for fun who is the toughest King on the team who you would least like to fight... in other words you know he would kick your ass.... I’ve got Nemanja.

You know, instead of "who would you least like to fight' maybe you should be looking at this as "who shows the most potential to be our enforcer". ;)

Holmes is visible but did you see how Nemanja slipped the punch moving his head and quickly reacted putting Afflalo in a head lock? I have a sneaky suspicion Nemanja knows how to fight.
Almost certain Nemanja has had formal training. Not only slip, he shoulder rolled into a perfect counter position where could've come back with a straight right, but instead head locked him.

Counter movements similar to James Toney--one of the best to ever do it:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
it's usually the quiet ones that just go about their business that show the most toughness and you know you don't want to get mad. He's also Serbian and most of the ones I've met are strong characters both mentally and physically.

Mr. Holmes is our enforcer. Harry Giles is number two. Everyone else is a distant third.
Trust me. I used to play for money. I can see it plain as day.

Rick Fox was always a jerk. Smart players only retaliate in rare instances. He deserved the upper cut.
Strong defensive players always have plenty of toughness. Christie is a guy you want to go to war with.
Some guys bend the rules all the time.
The old Pistons set a new low for ethical play.
Metta World Peace often played like an a******.
The play in the modern NBA has cleaned up a lot. I like the technical foul rules and being able to eject players.
The Kings have played soft for years, but now we have Mr. Holmes and Giles.
Joseph and Ariza play really hard nosed basketball. I respect them for that.

I remember Wilt picking up two guys in a fight and carrying them off the court.
Some players need to watch the Rudy Tomjanovich video and remember it when they play.

Last edited:
Basketball is mental warfare. I have always believed that. Those of use that grew up on the playground and became gym rats. have learned how to grab jerseys, push off, chicken wing, use the hips, body check, etc. Throwing elbows comes naturally. Then we had to unlearn all of that stuff to play with referees. People that have made a life out of basketball are very good at detecting plays that are over the line. They know the difference between hard play and dirty play.

Larry Bird was a master of the playground and street ball. Anyone messed with him, he got even when the refs could not see it. He did not get mad. He mostly did not fight. He got even. That is the unofficial way the game is actually played. Holmes and Giles.