Top 20 Players in the NBA

Agreed with Mad D on Kidd and Paul. Bibby isn't on there because of his defense and possibly assist average. Paul played like an all-star his rookie season and led a team to 40+ wins who won 18 the season before. Kidd still plays good defense, and stuffs the stat sheet every game.

JO wasn't on there because he missed 2 months.

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
JO wasn't on there because he missed 2 months.
Being injured doesn't take away from the fact that you are THAT good at the moment. If Kobe goes down during the regular season and misses a few weeks/months, is he not the best player in the world anymore? Or even worse... he's completely bumped off the list?

And like the person who posted above me and mentionned T-Mac as an example ... exactly my point!

Jermaine should be on that list. no doubt.

Last edited:
I'm sure if they made it top 25, J.O. (20.1pt 9.3reb) and Chris Bosh (22.5pt 9.5reb) would be 21 and 22. They had to cut it off somewhere and if they took Paul off, Yao still had a better year than both of them.

Last edited:
atxrocker said:
those who think chris paul does not deserve to be on this list are crazy
call me crazy then

the kid's good. real good. and he'll be a yearly all-star selection in no-time. I just don't think that RIGHT NOW he's in the top 20 of best players in the NBA. Is he better than guys like Dwight Howard, Jermaine, Bosh, Ray Allen etc... Not in my book. Or atleast not right now. One day maybe.

I just think it's a lot of love to call him one of 20 best players in the league.

#1 and #2 are where they should be. Lebron in another 6 years if he proves what Kobe has. Kobe has the years of proof and hardware to earn the #1 spot.

The tights were worn by a few players, because they keep the muscles warmer, prevents pulls, or keeps the muslce warmer for muslces that are healing. That's why Bonzi was wearing them for a bit after coming back from the torn groin.

Last edited:
atxrocker said:
no love for amare? i think he has been overlooked because of his injury but the guy is a force when he is healthy
for sure he should be there.

Last year's Amare is in the top 10 no doubt. Thing is, after his extremely serious knee injury, nobody knows if he'll be even close to his old self ever again.

Last edited:
^^ Yeah after a guy misses an entire season you can't really rank him that high anymore, especially when he really only had 1 great season. He just came into his own last year, now there's really no way to rank him accurately. I think he might be okay at late teens, but really can't argue agianst not including him.

^not sure that last year was his ONLY good year, one could easily argue that averaging 20/9 in his second year was more than solid. the point is since entering the league he has been great and has really become a force. its sad he got injured and required surgery or im sure he would have improved still on his 26/9 he averaged last season. hes young so hopefully he will have time to prove he belongs on this list

25ppg 44FG% 90FT% 4.3reb 3.7ast 2.4TO 1.4spg

21ppg 43FG% 85FT% 2.3reb 5.4ast 2.4TO 1.0spg

16ppg 43FG% 85FT% 5.1reb 7.8ast 2.4TO 2.2spg

From a pure statistical view I would include the 3rd player (this year) over in this list the first two.

S

Suckeet

Anthony #12? Pierce #9? Give me a break! Those guys might belong at the ***-end of that list, if at all. Kobe isn't #1 either, LeBron is, but I'm cooler with him being at that spot than those other two breaking into the top 12. Wade is higher than #8, he's at least top 5.

BTW, where the hell is Jermaine O'Neal? If he isn't a top 20 guy then I don't know who is.