[Game] Timberwolves @ Kings - 11/27/12

To be fair, he was triple teamed. On the otherside, Pekovic is being zero teamed.
If Pek was triple teamed he's smart enough to pass it. Cousins isn't for some reason. Also Andre Kirelenko was the silent MVP for the Wolves. Shut us down with defense and he was a brilliant facilitator for his team on offense.

Would like to hear the answer to that myself... When we get down to close games it seems like we more often than not have some funky rotation/lineup in. Reminds me of that game where Salmons just came back after being away from the team... and after not playing in the first half or for days gets tossed in to try and pull out a win with the game neck and neck.
IT wasn't good enough to keep Brooks on the bench. This charity crap just hurts us. Might have cost us the game.

Damn.. I think we always beat ourselves more than the other team beat us.. I honestly think we're a good team, but obviously our record dont show it

We probably win this with better sub patterns and play calling down the stretch.
Tyreke with 36 minutes, which is an improvement. Salmons misses the 30 minute mark by seconds... Our other 3 starters all under 30 minutes.

Kevin Love coming back from injury with nearly 44 minutes. Kirilenko with 41. Pek 35. Ridinour 30.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If Pek was triple teamed he's smart enough to pass it. Cousins isn't for some reason. Also Andre Kirelenko was the silent MVP for the Wolves. Shut us down with defense and he was a brilliant facilitator for his team on offense.
I refuse to believe anybody with a unibrow that prominent is smart.

Tyreke with 36 minutes, which is an improvement. Salmons hits the 30 minute mark by seconds... Our other 3 starters all under 30 minutes.
2nd quarter hurt us with the all bench lineup, and then IT instead of Brooks for such a long stretch and no JT when we're getting pounded on the boards and went small were huge factors in us losing. So was going away from the Reke/Cuz two man game so Smart could build up IT's confidence.

BTW, if I'm Jimmer, I'm pissed.

Does Cousins not have the bball iq to understand when to shoot it and when to kick it out?
He only had like one pass there and it still could have been intercepted. It was just a bad play. Tyreke drives and draws almost all the defenders to himself, then passes it late to Cousins who now is facing a stuffed lane. His only option is try to pass it out to Salmons at the 3pt line n the corner, but Salmons is defended as well so that won't even lead to an open shot.

Well another great game for Reke. That set jump shot is starting to look like money. Just need DMC to learn some patience when he is down low and to cut down on the stupid fouls and we will be in business.

HAHAHA!!! Luke R. in interview with Jim Gray said, "King got a lot of great one on one players." That was sly dig sports fans. That's Kings biggest problem - no chemistry - no plays - no consistency.

Grades: Adelman A+ Smart D+

2nd quarter hurt us with the all bench lineup, and then IT instead of Brooks for such a long stretch and no JT when we're getting pounded on the boards and went small were huge factors in us losing. So was going away from the Reke/Cuz two man game so Smart could build up IT's confidence.

BTW, if I'm Jimmer, I'm pissed.
I am pissed if I am Jimmer or IT. Such inconsistency all of the time.

People often talk about each teams "big 3". Check out our best three players minutes vs the Wolves best 3 players minutes. I don't think I would ever expect to win when the other teams stars dominate the minutes of your stars. It just isn't realistic to expect the bench to be able to win those match ups, ever.

Well another great game for Reke. That set jump shot is starting to look like money. Just need DMC to learn some patience when he is down low and to cut down on the stupid fouls and we will be in business.
He has the skills to be a dominate post player. He is huge and has great footwork with good hands and a soft touch on his jumper. He needs to be more patient and make better decisions but you can't teach his combination of size and speed.

He has the skills to be a dominate post player. He is huge and has great footwork with good hands and a soft touch on his jumper. He needs to be more patient and make better decisions but you can't teach his combination of size and speed.
Yea, the patience comes with time too. Rarely is a big really good at it their first few years. Cousins has been getting better over the years I think, and will continue to.

smart has never blamed himself, always just criticizes the players.

btw the first question asked by the sactown media is "what are your thoughts on Kevin Love?" WTF kind of first question is that who cares about kevin love?!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I am pissed if I am Jimmer or IT. Such inconsistency all of the time.

People often talk about each teams "big 3".
Ugh. That's a pet peeve of mine: just like there was only one Dream Team, every team doesn't have a Big Three. Just because you have three players that are significantly better than the rest of the bums on your team, doesn't mean you have a Big Three.

btw the first question asked by the sactown media is "what are your thoughts on Kevin Love?" WTF kind of first question is that who cares about kevin love?!
He is from Cali and played at UCLA so even though he came from the opposite side of the state, our reporters like to talk about him.

I like how this new lineup has been working really well the last few games.... starts this game off great.... then we barely see it after the first quarter and everything goes to hell.

My thought: we'd be a much better team if we could have drafted him. Love/Tyreke/DMC would be a very scary trio.

Yea, the patience comes with time too. Rarely is a big really good at it their first few years. Cousins has been getting better over the years I think, and will continue to.
I would worry if I were a sacramento fan that he has fallen in love with his jump shot. It isn't that his jump shot is bad it is that an 18ft jump shot isn't the best way to utilize someone like Cousins.