Tim Duncan

Yup

Duncan played fantastic. So did the Mavs, sans that last 4 minutes in the 4th quarter. I really think the Mavs can beat the Spurs.

On a sidenote: Mavericks are now 0-9 whenever Dan Crawford officiates a game the Mavericks participate in. Not blaming this loss completely on the refs - but something needs to be said about that.

In fact...I knew heading into this postseason we'd lose EVERY Danny Crawford officiated game. I'm kinda glad he officiated today we got this loss out of the way so we don't have to see Crawford much if at all the remainder of the series.

PixelPusher said:
Bowen was like "thank God, it's not Bonzi, thank God it's not Bonzi..." ;)
That's because Dirk is not the smartest. He doesn't play Bowen down low, like Bonzi does. Bowen's weakness would be post defense. On the perimeter, plays to Bowen's assests.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't watch this game, but looking at the box score, how could Dallas only have 8 assists? And their leading assist guy played a total of 6 minutes???

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
mavsman said:
In fact...I knew heading into this postseason we'd lose EVERY Danny Crawford officiated game. I'm kinda glad he officiated today we got this loss out of the way so we don't have to see Crawford much if at all the remainder of the series.
Oh please... Whining about who happens to be officiating a game demeans your team. You guys had the chance to tie the game and go into overtime. Stackhouse, instead of taking the two, opted to step back and try and get a three. That cost you the game, not Dan Crawford. Regardless of what happened before that point, that looked like "glory seeking" to me. Blame Stackhouse... had you guys gone to overtime, fatigue would have been a definite factor in your team's favor.

kings fans can look at tim duncan's performance this morning in one of two ways:

1) he didn't play that well against the kings...so we should feel good about our team containing one of the best players in the league.

2) he was just saving himself for the series that matter...so we should feel bad that he was only toying with us, knowing we never really had a chance.

its gotta be #1, right?! :D

it is! our boys did the best they could against the best team in the west. i'm proud of them, and while i would have liked to have seen the greatest first round upset in nba history, its comforting to know the kings outplayed and outcoached the spurs in several games in the series. and it also feels good to see the mavericks get abused by duncan. it'd be even more rewarding if the mavericks lost in less than six games, proving the kings were a more difficult opponent for the spurs.

i'm reaching at straws...i know. its what you gotta do when the season ends early for your team. ;)

^^Kings prepared him well. Kings were a good way of welcoming the Spurs to the post season. Thanks Kings- good first round matchup.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
mavsman said:
And Dirk Thank Yous for doing his whining for him... it was NOT Danny Boy that lost the game for the Dallas... They just got BEAT by Tim and the boys!:cool:

LOL @ Striker - I don't think highly of Salvatore either. How Bennett Salvatore has been an NBA official for so long is beyond me.

And Crawford is not why we lost - never said that. I just find it funny that we're 0-9 when he officiates. That's all.

mavsman said:
Duncan played fantastic. So did the Mavs, sans that last 4 minutes in the 4th quarter. I really think the Mavs can beat the Spurs.

On a sidenote: Mavericks are now 0-9 whenever Dan Crawford officiates a game the Mavericks participate in. Not blaming this loss completely on the refs - but something needs to be said about that.

man there's a stat for everything huh:rolleyes:

grego said:
That's because Dirk is not the smartest. He doesn't play Bowen down low, like Bonzi does. Bowen's weakness would be post defense. On the perimeter, plays to Bowen's assests.
bowen won't have to worry since dirk is a perimeter guy.

great finish to the game, but i had to wonder why manu didn't throw that DOWN!

duncan is going to have a HUGE series with erika dampier gaurding him.

spurs in 5 or 6

mavsman said:
LOL @ Striker - I don't think highly of Salvatore either. How Bennett Salvatore has been an NBA official for so long is beyond me.

And Crawford is not why we lost - never said that. I just find it funny that we're 0-9 when he officiates. That's all.
that's a lie. you need to do more research.

as far as cuban's blog, he's pretending to be for fairness, but he's seeking an advantage. he's a hypocrite. how many times has he complained that the mavs won a game because of officiating? never, not even once. in all the games since he's owned the mavs, all poorly called games only caused his team to lose, not one single win? b.s.

I remember a game last year the Mavs won beating the Suns and there was a shot clock call/non-call of goal tending that was clearly a bad call and gave the Mavs the game. The sideline shot was Cuban going nts celebrating and then suddely looking like the cat that got caught swallowing the canary. It was an important game and there was a lot of hullaboo in the press and sports TV afterward but Marky was dead silent.