Thorpe: Rookie Watch: Redraft!

by David Thorpe

We all know that many variables impact each draft pick. Nonetheless, every organization has to routinely evaluate its decisions, including the ones it makes in June each year. Things happen after the draft that can impact the way a rookie performs -- free-agent signings, trades, an injury to a rotation player that opens up playing time, a coaching change, etc.

Just a few months removed from the start of this season, some good and bad draft choices already jump out. Things could change in time, but for now let's revisit how the top 20 draft picks could have gone down now that we've seen these young men play in the NBA.

To continue reading this article you must be an Insider.

NOTE: It is a violation of copyright and a bunch of other stuff to repost Insider articles. For that reason, your post has been edited. Sorry. - VF21

Last edited by a moderator:

gunks

Hall of Famer
I wanted us to get Kawhi or Faried. Thought it would have been possible for GP to swing a trade for both too (considering how low both players went in the draft).

We would have been a MUCH more physical/defensive team.

Hated the Jimmer draft then, hate it even more now. Hey Maloofs, know what sells more jerseys than drafting a Great White Hype? Winning!

Hmm. Looks like I need Insider to even look at the article.

What's the executive summary? I'm assuming Fredette is lower and IT is higher.