this is the worst thing i seen in my life

Nazman said:
Aleksandar
I would agree w/ others that the first three quarters were running fairly smoothly with periods of brilliant play and teamwork. In fact there were moments that i thought to myself that this is one of the better games i've ever seen from the Kings this year and was feeling more hopeful for a turnaround this season.

That's all the more reason why i was so upset w/ the total flakeout in the fourth quarter. It just seemed like they totally lost focus and control of their game and i think the multitude of turnovers and the 0 for 20 quarter would suggest that something went terribly off course. Those are situations that IMHO the coach is accountable...
Yes the coaching staff is more certainly accountable but the players we have are not good enough defensively to hold on to whatever lead we have,especially when are shots are not falling. We need to get better defensively and that is done by having the right personnel and staff. Unfortunately we have neither right now. This team is not complete it is like watching the second death star being built and watching the millennium falcon blow it to bits. This is our team right now; a half built death star..

Last edited:
Kingsroots said:
RA HAS however, played a big part in them losing the 4th quarter & pressure situations in a lot of games this year though.
don't really know why kings always choke. we could blame webb and peja before, now what? RA? wonder what if this happens after RA leaves....

quick dog said:
I think Bonzi and Bibby toked up before the game. I blame Bonzi's nine (?) turnovers on grossly excessive consumption of the righteous weed. There is no other possible explanation. Drug tests around!!!

The whole team is smoking now.

Utah is going to get hammered on Sunday.

Besides, didn't we set a League record tonight?

:eek:
Here is the picture of them in the lockerroom after finding out they lost the game.

Hard to score when your offense has no structure and you have 5 black holes on the floor at one time, When you have the lineup of Artest,shareef,Bonzi wells,Bibby and thomas you will have a hard time scoring Becasue all 5 of those guys are Black holes to some extent individually they all want to shoot and score the Ball with two many dribbles and too much time trying force the ball into the scoring places for each of them to work ticking off too many seconds on the shot clock wasting too much time dribbling allowing plenty of time for the defense to load up and lock in on the target, the spacing is poor it is constant congestion having three guys who want the ball in the post in the same area and you have two other guys who both just want to shoot the basketball in Thomas and Bibby.

You have know one who spreads the floor and opens up the defense and it is easy to defend because all you do is pack the Defense in and anticpate and swarm the post areas and this is what happen to the kings with the turnovers forsing the ball into the post and then when they couldn't force the entry passes know one could buy a perimeter shot, Ron doesn't know the system but it seems to me his mind wants to create a shot for himself or for someone else for himself alone,Too much dribbling Too much 1 on 4 he seems to have a mentality to where he wants to be a Mcgrady or Kobe or Iverson and Dominate the ball regardless if he was familar with the system, The reason he wanted to leave Indiana teh vibrations are showing with his 1 on 5 energy wanting to be the Man.

Pack it in swarm the post and let whoever shoot except mike Bibby,Take the ball out of Bibby's hands and let everyone else beat you,when you have Bibby give up the rock others will force the issue becasue they are shoot first players, they will force the issue and think about the turnovers later ,they also will miss perimeter shots and leave the transition Defense imbalanced.

Bonzi made a luck clutch shot against the timberwolves but his decison making skills are Terrible in crunch time and if he was playing in memphis he would have been benched,He also is a liability on offense with the lack of shooting range from the perimeter and when they have run thangs with him and ron and shareef in the game getting him the ball is difficult with the black hole presence of Ron artest and shareef.

Shareef has bad energy in finishing games and making plays energy wise when it counts, he will get you a couple of free throws but Energy wise he takes up too much space with the black hole mentality of I want to shoot the ball.

Kenny thomas can be controlled and disciplined by mike with pick n roll plays,he and mike seem to have good chemistry between the two of them and this chemistry was displayed in the comeback win against the lakers,Kenny will make some dumb plays but mike and Brad can control kenny's mistakes but the congetsion of the other black holes hurt kenny's game and energy.

The kings miss Brad's play making skills and balance he brings to the floor,Ron will have to learn to move the basketball around he will get it back and get plenty of touches,But 1 on 5 for him self will hurt the team,The young guiys need to be trusted in close game situations because they can help spread the floor with martin and fransisco able to hit open shots making it difficult to jump and swarm bibby and both players seem to pass recongnize the floor balance better than Bonzi and shareef,The young hepled the kings win soem big games on the road against the clippers the blow out against the suns two Teams that are ahead in the division.

CONGESTED OFFENSE TWO MANY BLACK HOLES THAT WANT THE BALL IN THE SAME AREA AT THE SAME TIME.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Tonight showed why we need Brad and how much we need Brad more than ever before. He is the only player we have left to spread the floor. He could've made Tag pay tonight.

Petrie just needs to get Brad some help inside. We could be almost perfect in every way!

I am still in shock. 0-20 in the 4th. Going from a 13 pt lead to a 10 pt loss. Bonzi turning the ball over 6 times in the first half and Adelman still put in back in the 4th so he could turn it over 3 more times.

If the Kings shot a horrible 6-20 they still would have won. That was a freakish ending to what was a good game.

I think the Kings' offensive problem can be fixed if Bibby starting dovote more effort into playing like a point guard instead of a combo guard.
This team has enough offensive weapons such that Bibby should break the defense down and create easy shots for his teammates.

Utah 18 21 16 34

I didnt get to watch the game since I live in L.A., but beside the 4th quarter atrocity it seems that the Kings were playing good defense. Is that the case or were the Jazz just not shooting well?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bibby_10 said:
Utah 18 21 16 34

I didnt get to watch the game since I live in L.A., but beside the 4th quarter atrocity it seems that the Kings were playing good defense. Is that the case or were the Jazz just not shooting well?
Both. The Jazz are a lousy offensive team, average all of 89 points a game, have no true PG, are still missing both Boozer and Giricek etc. End result = they really can't score unless you let them score. For the most part we did not, so good for us. But not as if we were intensely locking down the Suns or Pistons or whatnot. We were just scrapping along in an all ugly war with them, both sides were fighting decently until finally we got a little burst to give us what looked to be enough breathing room to win it at the end of the third. Then the **** hit the fan. :cool:

Hmmmmm I wish peja was there, but he isnt!!

Kings need a center, its the only team without a real center, i think most of the problems arise from this...My opinion

Gotta love this quote:

Wilt Palacio:

"My biggest thing was just trying to be aggressive, and that's what I was trying to do," said Palacio, who added four steals. "I knew tonight I was getting to the basket pretty good, so I just kept going."

Bricklayer

KingKong said:
Wilt Palacio:

"My biggest thing was just trying to be aggressive, and that's what I was trying to do," said Palacio, who added four steals. "I knew tonight I was getting to the basket pretty good, so I just kept going."
That's what happens when the first line of defense is pretty weak...and there basically is no second line.

Nonetheless, like everything else, for 3/4 Milt was an annoyance, but not anything that was beating us. We were up 10-12 after three and the game looked to be over -- with US the winner. Just one very very bad quarter. Not like the Jazz chewed us up all night long.

shaka zulu said:
Hard to score when your offense has no structure and you have 5 black holes on the floor at one time, When you have the lineup of Artest,shareef,Bonzi wells,Bibby and thomas you will have a hard time scoring Becasue all 5 of those guys are Black holes to some extent individually they all want to shoot and score the Ball with two many dribbles and too much time trying force the ball into the scoring places for each of them to work ticking off too many seconds on the shot clock wasting too much time dribbling allowing plenty of time for the defense to load up and lock in on the target, the spacing is poor it is constant congestion having three guys who want the ball in the post in the same area and you have two other guys who both just want to shoot the basketball in Thomas and Bibby.

You have know one who spreads the floor and opens up the defense and it is easy to defend because all you do is pack the Defense in and anticpate and swarm the post areas and this is what happen to the kings with the turnovers forsing the ball into the post and then when they couldn't force the entry passes know one could buy a perimeter shot, Ron doesn't know the system but it seems to me his mind wants to create a shot for himself or for someone else for himself alone,Too much dribbling Too much 1 on 4 he seems to have a mentality to where he wants to be a Mcgrady or Kobe or Iverson and Dominate the ball regardless if he was familar with the system, The reason he wanted to leave Indiana teh vibrations are showing with his 1 on 5 energy wanting to be the Man.

Pack it in swarm the post and let whoever shoot except mike Bibby,Take the ball out of Bibby's hands and let everyone else beat you,when you have Bibby give up the rock others will force the issue becasue they are shoot first players, they will force the issue and think about the turnovers later ,they also will miss perimeter shots and leave the transition Defense imbalanced.

Bonzi made a luck clutch shot against the timberwolves but his decison making skills are Terrible in crunch time and if he was playing in memphis he would have been benched,He also is a liability on offense with the lack of shooting range from the perimeter and when they have run thangs with him and ron and shareef in the game getting him the ball is difficult with the black hole presence of Ron artest and shareef.

Shareef has bad energy in finishing games and making plays energy wise when it counts, he will get you a couple of free throws but Energy wise he takes up too much space with the black hole mentality of I want to shoot the ball.

Kenny thomas can be controlled and disciplined by mike with pick n roll plays,he and mike seem to have good chemistry between the two of them and this chemistry was displayed in the comeback win against the lakers,Kenny will make some dumb plays but mike and Brad can control kenny's mistakes but the congetsion of the other black holes hurt kenny's game and energy.

The kings miss Brad's play making skills and balance he brings to the floor,Ron will have to learn to move the basketball around he will get it back and get plenty of touches,But 1 on 5 for him self will hurt the team,The young guiys need to be trusted in close game situations because they can help spread the floor with martin and fransisco able to hit open shots making it difficult to jump and swarm bibby and both players seem to pass recongnize the floor balance better than Bonzi and shareef,The young hepled the kings win soem big games on the road against the clippers the blow out against the suns two Teams that are ahead in the division.

CONGESTED OFFENSE TWO MANY BLACK HOLES THAT WANT THE BALL IN THE SAME AREA AT THE SAME TIME.

That is exactly what I saw. The Kings were easy to defend and the Jazz played great defense in the 4th quarter. The Kings used to be a great passing team, now I realize all those players are gone, but last night was just one-on-one every time.

Bricklayer

Also hard to score when you have exactly ONE of your original starters healthy and in good shape. You have 2 more coming back from injury and not 100% yet. You have 1 new guy playing in his 4th game. And you have 1 guy (your center) entirely missing and being replaced by an undersized PF.

Its training camp out there. And of course you still have more shooters than you have shots. Which has been true since October.

OK, so we embarassed them, they embarassed us.

Two games left against them in a tight race for 8th.

Remember this and kick their ***es tomorrow.

And the next time, for good measure.

And someone throw Ostertag's lumpy head to the ground.

KingCookie said:
Not Artest, though. He doesn't have the luxury to get away with that anymore.

With a better showing by the big men, we could do well Sunday. Players on the Jazz can have good games (Palacio, Okur, etc.), but it won't ruin the team's chances if the team rebounds consistently and plays hard, smart and effectively (as in some shots go in). Also, when fouling Kirilenko, really make sure he can't get a shot off. He had some amazing fingerrolls last night.

Start the game with a left-hand layup drill for Kevin's sake.

Sum182 said:
It's Adelman to Blame
Yes. Clearly. Brilliant analysis, Sherlock. I hate it when Adelman misses all of those shots and makes terrible decisions like playing it safe with Artest. And did you see Adelman's defense? I mean, he didn't even bring his uniform and basketball shoes, like he thought he wasn't going to get into the game or something!! What an idiot!!

KingCookie said:
OK, so we embarassed them, they embarassed us.

Two games left against them in a tight race for 8th.

Remember this and kick their ***es tomorrow.

And the next time, for good measure.

I like the notion of looking at it as being even as far as face to face goes.

I do hope that the team can make it a tight race for 8th. Right now the team is closer to being dead last in the conferance than even being in the 10th spot.

Here's to both Brad and Artest getting back soon.

This week is crucial for any hope of the playoffs, need to win all 5, or at least four.

Brad should be back early this week, I'd think. I'm just gonna keep enjoying the games, and this week, expecting wins. :)

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nbrans said:
Yes. Clearly. Brilliant analysis, Sherlock. I hate it when Adelman misses all of those shots and makes terrible decisions like playing it safe with Artest. And did you see Adelman's defense? I mean, he didn't even bring his uniform and basketball shoes, like he thought he wasn't going to get into the game or something!! What an idiot!!
nbrans wins the thread...