There is no topic

Halloween is many people's favorite holiday given how many other holidays have been ruined by people who vocally express their displeasure about the reason for celebrating (sometimes this has merit but just take a day off and have a party your way?). Plus who doesn't love pumpkin stuff? So of course it has become a month long festival now. No surprise.
so essentially just celebrate for the sake of celebrating?

after all these years of avoiding youtube ads with Ad Blocker, they managed to make it irrelevant now with 3 videos allowed before being flooded with ads, even for a couple of seconds. got to pay the bills somehow

We had a visit from a social medial food and lifestyle vlogger at the restaurant last night. She came up to thank us for the food and experience and noticed my Kings poster on the wall in the kitchen. Turns out she was a former Kings dancer who grew up neighbors with Chris Webber! First time in Iowa and the first place she walks into has a Kings poster haha

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Good news: Warner Bros is releasing a 4K version of Se7en so I can soon watch the photographic genius of Darius Khondji at near film quality.

Bad news: It looks like they're only releasing it in a $90 "Ultimate Edition" box set or $150 "Special Edition" box set, both stuffed full of promo gimmicks that no one will ever look at more than once.

Why is everything terrible now?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Good news: Warner Bros is releasing a 4K version of Se7en so I can soon watch the photographic genius of Darius Khondji at near film quality.

Bad news: It looks like they're only releasing it in a $90 "Ultimate Edition" box set or $150 "Special Edition" box set, both stuffed full of promo gimmicks that no one will ever look at more than once.

Why is everything terrible now?
What's in the special edition box? WHAT'S IN THE SPECIAL EDITION BOOOOOOXXXX?!?!?!?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Since I feel like this message board tends to go through extended periods when there's not enough discussion about stuff that's not basketball (or... ugh... football), I figured I'd lean in on an old trope, by presenting a list! Inspired by a conversation that I was having with my main man 20 grand (Hidden Dragons, for those of you in my keeper league) offline the other night. Feel free to debate, or add your own.

Top 10 Marvel Comics characters to debut in my lifetime, according to me:

1. Ororo Munroe (May 1975)
  2. Jennifer Walters (January 1980)
  3. Miles Morales (August 2011)
  4. James Rhodes (January 1979)
  5. Kitty Pryde (January 1980)
  6. Kamala Khan (July 2014)
  7. Remy LeBeau (August 1990)
  8. Jessica Jones (November 2001)
  9. Richard Rider (September 1976)
  10. Monica Rambeau (October 1982)

OLI #1: Beta Ray Bill (December 1983)
OLI #2: Nathan Summers (January 1986)

I figured this would be a good thread as any, but I have a feeling In the LAnd o the enemy is a bot. zero posts, zero points, only delivers likes. maybe he's a like bot?
I could almost swear I've seen that username post at some point in the somewhat-distant past. Or there's a username that's similar that I'm confusing it with.

My distaste for the all star game this year has allowed me to help finish a book I started.
OH! And I got to watch some nascar on Saturday and plan to do the same thing again today.
I will continue with the NBA when our Kings resume their season.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
In a little burst of excitement in the little town I live near, Galt is the backdrop for some scenes being filmed this evening/tonight for an upcoming Leonardo DiCaprio film for WB. Apparently, this evening they are filming at a small baseball diamond where my son played a lot of baseball games as a kid and overnight they will have some scenes behind the high school I went to (with the city posting warnings about "simulated gunfire" expected throughout tonight). Behind the high school is a football field and a couple of baseball diamonds. So, I'm not sure if the movie is baseball-related or if this is all just a coincidence. We'll find out soon, I guess!

1708913983041.png

1708914023751.png