The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
OK, OK, OK, OK...

We all get it, @SLAB...You're obsessed with Zoey.

P.S.: Sol's finisher is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Zoey's "finisher" :p:p:p
Sol’s finisher requires the opponent to blindly stumble into the corner as she hits an unnecessary setup for a cutter.

It’s cool. I dig it. She’s actually hit it where it makes some sense (kicking a charging opponent, giving an opening). But it isn’t as awesome as some people are making it seem.

Sol’s finisher requires the opponent to blindly stumble into the corner as she hits an unnecessary setup for a cutter.

It’s cool. I dig it. She’s actually hit it where it makes some sense (kicking a charging opponent, giving an opening). But it isn’t as awesome as some people are making it seem.
We can agree to disagree then.

But, the highlighted is actually what, for me, makes the finisher cool...She hits it off of the turnbuckle. It would be way too boring and simple for her to hit a basic cutter standing up. Sorry, been there, done that, seen it. Not impressed.

But doing it from a turnbuckle? And adding in a somersault? That makes it look super cool when executed.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It worked in this instance...

Ember Moon

What makes you think that it won't be able to work out for Sol?
Since, based on this response, it appears as if you did not read the post I made before this one, let me repeat for the record: I didn't like the Eclipse, either. It's dumb, IMO; I mean all pro wrasslin' is dumb, but it's dumb in a way that breaks my ability to suspend disbelief.

Whether it "works out" or not is not particularly a concern of mine.

Since, based on this response, it appears as if you did not read the post I made before this one, let me repeat for the record: I didn't like the Eclipse, either. It's dumb, IMO; I mean all pro wrasslin' is dumb, but it's dumb in a way that breaks my ability to suspend disbelief.

Whether it "works out" or not is not particularly a concern of mine.
I did read your previous post. And I get your point. My intention was, and still is, not to start an argument for the sake of starting an argument; We can both agree to disagree. You don't like either finisher, while I tend to like both. Fair enough; I won't, and don't, chastise you for not liking something (or a few things) that I just happen to like.

These moves need a way to be repeatable without them being so obviously set spots.

It's bad enough with dives into groups of 3 or 4 guys ringside and Dean Ambrose's rebound lariat just naturally happening every match was also absurd, but to be just dazed and waiting for a finisher, like if you did any scouting of your opponent you would just stay down.

These moves need a way to be repeatable without them being so obviously set spots.

It's bad enough with dives into groups of 3 or 4 guys ringside and Dean Ambrose's rebound lariat just naturally happening every match was also absurd, but to be just dazed and waiting for a finisher, like if you did any scouting of your opponent you would just stay down.
I get your point. And I do agree that these moves would be way better if they weren't all "set spots" as you stated.

And to your last statement, I guess that's all a part of the "script"...:p:p:p

And I don't think any degree of scouting applies when you have to go according to the "script"...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member

I'm waiting for her to wrestle someone who pulls Samoa Joe's "genre savvy" spot and just walks away while she's in mid-somersault, and lets her fall on her ass.

I know Slim and I both have different abilities to suspend our disbelief but I guess where it goes out the window for me is when my mom who used to take me to the old old Arco to watch house shows and got quite into it with her friends watches with my child and says "it all looks so fake, they're obviously helping each other, nobody would do that in a fight".

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
RAW was extremely "meh" for me tonight...But, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! I LOVE me some heel Dakota!!!
Feel like the episode as a whole would have worked so much better if they had split the trial of Sami and the Uso tag match to separate ends of the show. I mean, I appreciated it because it let me switch over to the Kings game without worrying about missing anything interesting but the show peaked 50 minutes in and just got worse from there where as they could have sandwiched the two hours of random callbacks and skits featuring guys too old to wrestle anymore between the most interesting storyline they have going. (Also them apparently cutting the Bayley-Becky cage match because the tag match ran long wouldn't have happened if they saved the match for last, all due respect to Theory and the All Mighty)

It's only been like two weeks but I am already tired of Charlotte Flair being back.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Lukewarm take: Kayden Carter and Katana Chance should hold onto the NXT Women's Tag Team titles until Yulisa León is cleared to wrestle again. She and Valentina Feroz had a really good match against the KC's the one time I saw them as a team, and I want them to be the ones to end the reign. There's no other team in NXT that grabs me, anyway, aside from Toxic Attraction, who should either be called up or broken up.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m so burnt out on the bloodline. I guess I want to see where Jey is in all of this, but really I just want CODY to win the titles and be on with a post/bloodline wrestling world.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’m so burnt out on the bloodline. I guess I want to see where Jey is in all of this, but really I just want CODY to win the titles and be on with a post/bloodline wrestling world.
Feels like that bird has flow for the time being. Obviously the WWE has had no problem with going against fan demand in the past but any result that isn't Sami or Jey taking down Roman feels like it's going to be poorly received at this point.

After a good five plus years of struggling to inorganically manufacture the next big face for the company, I don't think they're going to let the fact they (accidentally?) turned Sami Zayn into the biggest face in pro wrestling go to waste.