The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Can’t wait for HHH to make tonight a memorable RAW After WrestleMania tonight. Last years was such a trainwreck. It was peak Vince throwing up his middle finger to the audience and every single person in the back. So glad he’s out.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The whole 20-30 minute post match seemed like a big giant FU to Vince as much as it was a celebration of Cody or a celebration to the end of Roman's reign of terror. Even if the latter, metaphorically, Roman was Vince. I think Roman managed to become a good character, certainly less offensive to me than Cena or Hogan at their most unbeatable. But he was still forced when the universe rejected him and so it is what it is.

If there's anything I'm upset about at this point it's that the Prime/Logan Paul seem like they are going to continue to be around a long while.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The whole 20-30 minute post match seemed like a big giant FU to Vince as much as it was a celebration of Cody or a celebration to the end of Roman's reign of terror. Even if the latter, metaphorically, Roman was Vince. I think Roman managed to become a good character, certainly less offensive to me than Cena or Hogan at their most unbeatable. But he was still forced when the universe rejected him and so it is what it is.

If there's anything I'm upset about at this point it's that the Prime/Logan Paul seem like they are going to continue to be around a long while.
I think for better or worse the Logan Paul title reign has worked as well as you could possibly ask for it to thanks to it being a midcard title instead of the Heavyweight belt or something and the fact that they’re leaning into him both being good at wrestling and being a sniveling heel willing to go to cartoonish lengths to keep his title. Him actually showing up every week on Smackdown helps too

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Can’t wait for HHH to make tonight a memorable RAW After WrestleMania tonight. Last years was such a trainwreck. It was peak Vince throwing up his middle finger to the audience and every single person in the back. So glad he’s out.
Still haven’t gotten over Vince having us waste a whole half a year watching Cody have a halfassed feud with Sexual Predator Minnesotan that ended in a “feel-good moment” that almost immediately got scrubbed from the internet thanks to a lawsuit.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think for better or worse the Logan Paul title reign has worked as well as you could possibly ask for it to thanks to it being a midcard title instead of the Heavyweight belt or something and the fact that they’re leaning into him both being good at wrestling and being a sniveling heel willing to go to cartoonish lengths to keep his title. Him actually showing up every week on Smackdown helps too
I was sort of hoping having a mat sponsor was a work to build heat for the match, I get it with all the other advertising they have it's not a big deal but I really dislike Prime and Logan is a scammer/grifter. Lots of wrestlers are bad people so even that is a bit of a nitpick, but having an impressionable teenager in the house who is vulnerable to people like LP it irritates me. And yeah, the fact that he IS good at this wrestling thing is the hardest part to swallow.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So …. What’s the big debut tonight?

I got Uncle Howdy. Honestly beyond that … think they scored MJF on the quiet? Any other outside guys or girls?

Melo and Lyra will be up, but that’s not super interesting as Melo’s been kind of up for a little and Lyra is mid as mid can be.

Oh yeah,

Tama Tonga and Jacob Fatu?

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So …. What’s the big debut tonight?

I got Uncle Howdy. Honestly beyond that … think they scored MJF on the quiet? Any other outside guys or girls?

Melo and Lyra will be up, but that’s not super interesting as Melo’s been kind of up for a little and Lyra is mid as mid can be.

Oh yeah,

Tama Tonga and Jacob Fatu?
Probably a year too early but Trick is so absurdly over with the NXT crowd that he could probably debut on the main roster without an issue.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That last hour was mid as hell. I don’t care about Sami, and even less for Gable. I usually like Sami, but I think his association with Gable is what nuked my interest in him. The main event was fine, but I was expecting some other big surprise to cap the night.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That last hour was mid as hell. I don’t care about Sami, and even less for Gable. I usually like Sami, but I think his association with Gable is what nuked my interest in him. The main event was fine, but I was expecting some other big surprise to cap the night.
I just don't think there are many surprise cards for them to play at the moment. Trips pretty much emptied the arsenal last night and with half the roster banged up/exhausted after the weekend, we just sorta ended up with the two least beat-up big names from Night Two versus the two mid-card guys who had the weekend off and would get enough pop to not just immediately be taken for jobbers.

Agree on the Gable thing. I don't think I really need to see a Gable heel turn so the fact they've spent the past month building to one just feels like an unnecessary waste of time.

I, for sure, thought we were gonna see Howdy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I, for sure, thought we were gonna see Howdy.

I thought I read somewhere in the lead up to Mike Rotunda’s HOF induction that the plans are in place for Howdy but they’re taking things slow until Bo feels comfortable wrestling again/using a gimmick that is so intensely connected to his brother. The fact they’re starting the in-arena teasers up like they did with Bray’s return probably points to a return at a PLE. Not sure if Backlash in France is necessarily where you want to do it but it feels like it’s coming sooner than later.

I thought I read somewhere in the lead up to Mike Rotunda’s HOF induction that the plans are in place for Howdy but they’re taking things slow until Bo feels comfortable wrestling again/using a gimmick that is so intensely connected to his brother. The fact they’re starting the in-arena teasers up like they did with Bray’s return probably points to a return at a PLE. Not sure if Backlash in France is necessarily where you want to do it but it feels like it’s coming sooner than later.
Makes sense.