The Official We're Talking Playoffs Thread

How Many Wins Do you Think It Will Take to Win #8?

• 45 or more

Votes: 7 9.2%

Votes: 2 2.6%

Votes: 7 9.2%

Votes: 12 15.8%

Votes: 15 19.7%

Votes: 15 19.7%

Votes: 5 6.6%

Votes: 8 10.5%

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 36 or less

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the composition of that Nuggets team. No superstars at this point (Jokic isn't there yet imo) but overall they are filled with good and likeable all around players. And they are young to boot. The games against them will be exciting.
I don't know, the trade for Plumlee might come back to haunt them. They may want to start Plumlee next to Jokic, which probably isnt a good idea. Accordingly Plumlee started and went a cool -19 in his first game.

Last edited:
I don't know, the trade for Plumlee might come back to haunt them. They may want to start Plumlee next to Jokic, which probably isnt a good idea. Accordingly Plumlee started and went a cool -19 in his first game.
While you may be right about the trade, it is not that clear-cut, and you must definitely NOT use tonight as evidence...

The Nuggets were missing Gallinary, Chandler & Mudiay. They practically used a 7-player-rotation tonight! :eek:

Plus, the trade definitely scrambled their game in the bigs' section (a strong suite of the T-Wolves). It's their 1st time with the new frontcourt, with ZERO training sessions to work on it.

However, they now have the best opportunity to integrate Plumlee into the roration, over the ASB.

What I mean is we should be cautious. I wouldn't count on this trade as an advantage for the Kings!

I get worried whenever anyone feels we have ANYTHING going FOR us.

Remember! We're the #Kangz.
Things must ALWAYS be AGAINST us. :D

Last edited:
Listened to a Blazers podcast, and they said, Plumblee is not good at PF despite having mobility at first glance, and he's not a good defender even at C despite rim protection numbers. Passing is for real and not just due to handoffs to a bunch of shooters. Also Denver guys say, Nurkic was an ass and played like one, once he was moved to the bench. So basically Nuggets got out of this trade 70% of Jokic to come off the bench.

Feels like race between the Nuggets and the Kings will be decided by injury bug.

Crawl to the 8th will be exciting this year! :D

I misstated what i was trying to say. I like the players they have on an individual basis, less than the composition as I had stated before.

K

KingMilz

If the Pelicans make the playoffs in the 8th seed could be the most interesting 1 vs 8 match up since those Warriors upset Dallas with Baron Davis and company the playoffs might have got a whole lot more interesting if the Pelicans can get it together now.

Status
Not open for further replies.