The Official Kings WIN total Prediction thread 2018-19!

How many WINS for the Kings this season?

• Less than 10 Wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-15 Wins

• 16-20 Wins

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 21-25 Wins

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • 26-30 Wins

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 31-35 Wins

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • 36-40 Wins

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 41-45 Wins

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 46-50 Wins

• 51 or more Wins

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, we have seen the young Kings in action in the preseason and the season officially starts tomorrow!

Here is our annual win total prediction thread!

Let's see who can guess it right!

What's your Kings win Total for the 2018-19 season?

I'm going with 33 wins this year!

The Kings will fight hard most nights and get more wins against tanking teams in the second half of the season!
25 wins. Teams aren't going to tank anymore. The new lottery system changed the odds of a good pick from exponential to linear. Winning is now more important for everyone.
We won't get wins off of tanking teams, but I have no fear because a star is near!

25 wins. Teams aren't going to tank anymore. The new lottery system changed the odds of a good pick from exponential to linear. Winning is now more important for everyone.
We won't get wins off of tanking teams, but I have no fear because a star is near!
Tanking will never go away. As long as losing teams can get a few more ping pong balls with the lottery system, teams will tank. Especially at the end of the year. You can count on that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes. I was trying to change that. Can you please change to "Public View" on votes. Thanks VF! :)
It cannot be changed after the fact. I already tried.

The easiest thing to do is to delete this thread and create a new one before too many more people vote. :)

It cannot be changed after the fact. I already tried.

The easiest thing to do is to delete this thread and create a new one before too many more people vote. :)
It may be too late now. Thanks though.

Maybe everyone can also post their exact win total prediction after they vote. ;)

Last edited:
I’m going with 32 because I think teams will still tank for the 5/6th spot later in the year and because the west is so tough we are going to see lots of teams rest guys against us. For example. Boston plays 6 teams in 8 days with us as the 8th. They play the Lakers 2 days later. I’m guessing Boston will try to beat us with their B team.

Tanking will never go away. As long as losing teams can get a few more ping pong balls with the lottery system, teams will tank. Especially at the end of the year. You can count on that.
I disagree. Wins count for development, free agent acquisitions, and revenue. Rookie contracts can expire while still tanking, as we well know. There's a threshold to making the tank worth it, and that threshold has literally risen exponentially.
In fact, the worst 3 teams will do the exact opposite of tank at the end of the season, as they will have no advantage in the lottery whatsoever.

16-20. I have zero optimism about anything.
I remember last year I was low man until a few games in, then subject came up again and you under cut me.

For the start of the season I think just being competitive is all we can ask.

Let's take a look at the first 10 games, let me know how you think they will do.

Jazz @ home
Pelicans away
Thunder away
Nuggets away (Back to Back)
Memphis @ home
Wizards @ home
Miami away
Magic away (Back to Back)
Atlanta away
Bucks away

So 3 at home 7 on the road out of the first 10 games.

I'm going to predict we lose to the Magic on the back to back but come out strong and beat the Hawks.

1-9 start

I will say the first game vs the Jazz may be one we can steal. Home opener, Jazz just ran us out of the gym.

I'll be surprised if we start out any better than 2-8.

Book me for 1-9 though.

Whatcha got Slab for the first 10?

I'll be shocked if Kings get to 30. 29 possible I guess - no way! I'll go 25 after last seasons miserable 27. I'd love to be shocked! Please electrocute me KINGS!

Last edited: