The Official Keep DeMarcus and Tyreke Petition Thread

Has Tyreke been given his qualifying offer yet?

The Kings have only a week left to make a qualifying offer to make sure they have the right to match any offer.

Interesting interview with D'Alessandro today in the Bee. He addresses the problems with the team, and his opinion on Tyreke and Cousins. I think he's spot on in all of his assessments. Here's the link:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/23/5517373/ailene-voisin-new-kings-gm-dalessandro.html
I would have liked to see him mention d a little more than fast paced exciting ball, but I agree that overall it seems like a good start, especially when he mentions fit.

I'm curious about his repeated references to mike bratz's talent evaluation. I checked out the draft history from teams where he was a lead scout and its pretty underwhelming. Granted, he doesn't make the final pick but I'm interested to see his influence on the team.

since D'Alessandro has been hired, I've been a lot less worried about keeping Reke. he was part of the front office that overpaid Nene just so as to not lose an asset for nothing. Tyreke won't just walk and, given recent history as far as sign-and-trade deals are concerned, specifically how little you usually get in return as the party losing the player, I don't expect an s&t either.

Interesting interview with D'Alessandro today in the Bee. He addresses the problems with the team, and his opinion on Tyreke and Cousins. I think he's spot on in all of his assessments. Here's the link:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/23/5517373/ailene-voisin-new-kings-gm-dalessandro.html
Most encouraging thing I read from that is the following

What are the strengths and weaknesses on the current roster?

Well, I see one really big, unbelievable talent in DeMarcus right off the top. You can't help but see that. I have always been in awe of his game. Players like that are hard to come by. And I see a crazy athlete in Tyreke (Evans). I would call him an athletic beast who can play the one (point guard), two (shooting guard) or three (small forward), and that's very rare. What I don't see, frankly, is a lot of sharing the ball. And the best teams, at every position, pass well.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/23/5517373/ailene-voisin-new-kings-gm-dalessandro.html#storylink=cpy
It tells me that Tyreke and Cousins are very much in the plans going forward. I LOVE that part. Keep those two and build from there.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen a single player outside of Reke/Cuz mentioned by anyone since Vivek took over, not Malone, not PDA.

As far as the interview goes, PDA does talk about being up tempo and that is what he's been associated with, but he also point out it's about your talent first and foremost, then singled out Cuz as an unbelievable talent. I doubt we see reckless running without a concentration on defense first, as well as making Cuz the priority in the half court. Running up and down jacking 3's doesn't help Cuz in any way.

Usually for opportunistic running, you need defensive stops and rebounds first, and if that's the philosophy, D up and control the glass, then run if the opportunities there, I have zero issues.

I haven't seen a single player outside of Reke/Cuz mentioned by anyone since Vivek took over, not Malone, not PDA.

As far as the interview goes, PDA does talk about being up tempo and that is what he's been associated with, but he also point out it's about your talent first and foremost, then singled out Cuz as an unbelievable talent. I doubt we see reckless running without a concentration on defense first, as well as making Cuz the priority in the half court. Running up and down jacking 3's doesn't help Cuz in any way.

Usually for opportunistic running, you need defensive stops and rebounds first, and if that's the philosophy, D up and control the glass, then run if the opportunities there, I have zero issues.
I think Malone mentioned IT and also MT (as the player he has an existing relationship with) in his introductory press conference.

It's not to late yet. Let Vivek and PDA know that trading Reke before getting a chance to shine in Michael Malones system would be a mistake.

If Reke does not work out under Malone, you can still trade him by the trade deadline to New Orleans for the same package.

GIVE REKE A CHANCE!!!

It's not to late yet. Let Vivek and PDA know that trading Reke before getting a chance to shine in Michael Malones system would be a mistake.

If Reke does not work out under Malone, you can still trade him by the trade deadline to New Orleans for the same package.

GIVE REKE A CHANCE!!!
Someone please force them to read this forum ....

Ugh

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We've still got 5 more days before anything can be made official. Quick everybody, cancel your season tickets and tell them it's cause of Tyreke leaving!