***The Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread***NO TWITTER SPOILERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still broken from the DMC trade. I didn't watch much Kings ball last year... but this pick brought me back in 100%.

They screw it up, and I'm out. I can't take any more incompetence.
Agreed, if this pick is a bust I'm gone and a bunch of others as well.

David Pick just tweeted that Doncic will be a Hawk... he is a pretty good European source.

I'm gonna try to to get my hopes up and chat with my friend who is a Knicks fan, who is really good at breaking down the players especially college.

I hope he can talk me in to why Bagley is the guy.

Only positive right now about him from me, it looks like he wants to be in Sacramento and it's a big + from me... just like last year Fox
I mean, that’s cool and all but i really don’t care what these young guys think they want without proving their worth as a professional first. There’s a lot to be said for wanting to be somewhere and i get that, but that tagline works better for me when used in the free agency period when we’re discussing established players in this league.

I’ve got to admit I’ve never wanted the Kings to pick a certain prospect as much as I want them to pick Doncic tonight. I’m unreasonably confident this kids a star in the making.
Doesn't seem like we’re going to though. Going to try my best to not be disappointed, but if Doncic does turn out to be as good as I think, it’s going to affect my dwindling enthusiasm for this team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Apparently journalists have agreed not to break the picks before they happen this year. Let's hope it works. And if it doesn't, I'd like to suggest instant one-day bans for anyone who post spoilers...

Every year people do it despite being warned in advance not to. Like the child who just can't help himself.
We're not really set up to do "one day" bans. We can temporarily suspend a member's posting privileges, but it takes a [REDACTED] amount of time for the software to cycle through the infractions before it takes place, and there'd be nothing to stop the violator from continuing to post in the meantime, aside from one of us following them around and manually scrubbing all their posts.

However, comma, the new software does allow us to mute posters in a specific thread. If someone attempts to circumvent the "No Twitter Spoilers" directive, they will likely lose their ability to post in this thread, for the duration of the draft.

If Bagley is the pick we make I will be happy. The kid has a ton of talent and could be a star. From what we heard in the build up to the draft he also sounded like he wanted to come and play here which is very important, other prospects were apparently trying to avoid coming here or were not sure about coming here. Give me a guy like Bagley that wants to be here and has star potential over someone that is not entirely sure any day of the week.

Would I pick Bagley if I was the GM? I'm not sure, I would probably take Doncic because I can see him slotting in at SF. Fox, Bogdanovic, Willie and Z-Bo in the other starting positions and we would be good to go next season. But Bagley is far from a bad pick and I'd be excited to see him make his debut for us on the opening night!

Remember how dead this forum became after Cousins got traded. It'll be even worse if this pick ends up being a huge bust
I've never understood why some fans quit the forums after Cousins got traded. Players come and go from a team. Unless of course you only support a team because of a player but that begs to question who they supported before Cousins became a pro or played in college...

I know it's my own damn fault for being on social media, but is anyone else bummed that we're getting leaks from everywhere?
Best way to avoid spoilers is to shut down social media, avoid forums and news sites. Just watch the draft if you don't want it spoiled, but in regards to our pick we have no reason to keep things quiet if we know who the Suns are picking and we aren't trading back.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I've never understood why some fans quit the forums after Cousins got traded. Players come and go from a team. Unless of course you only support a team because of a player but that begs to question who they supported before Cousins became a pro or played in college...
I'll tell you what: I didn't quit the Kings because Cousins got traded, but I did quit the Kings when Cousins got traded, because that trade caused me to ask myself, "Wait a minute, why am I a Kings fan? I'm not from Sacramento. I don't believe in the ownership/management's vision... I can't stand the broadcast team (aside from G-Man; he's still one of the best). What am I doing this for?"

I'm never leaving the forums, though: this place means way more to me than the Kings do.

It really seems Bagley is our man. Ok, let’s wait and see how he does. But I swear, if they screw up, Doncic becomes a star and Bagley doesn’t, I’m out. I can’t take so much incompetence anymore. There will be no excuses if Bagley will not be better than Doncic.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll tell you what: I didn't quit the Kings because Cousins got traded, but I did quit the Kings when Cousins got traded, because that trade caused me to ask myself, "Wait a minute, why am I a Kings fan? I'm not from Sacramento. I don't believe in the ownership/management's vision... I can't stand the broadcast team (aside from G-Man; he's still one of the best). What am I doing this for?"

I'm never leaving the forums, though: this place means way more to me than the Kings do.
I remain convinced that at some point they'll win you back over. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It really seems Bagley is our man. Ok, let’s wait and see how he does. But I swear, if they screw up, Doncic becomes a star and Bagley doesn’t, I’m out. I can’t take so much incompetence anymore. There will be no excuses if Bagley will not be better than Doncic.
Yeah, because every draft pick ends up better than those picked after him. ;)

I'm so tempted to hold a lot of you to the "if this doesn't happen I'm outta here" statements. :p

Yeah, because every draft pick ends up better than those picked after him. ;)

I'm so tempted to hold a lot of you to the "if this doesn't happen I'm outta here" statements. :p
No, that’s not the point. I don’t care if Porter will be better, or Bamba, or JJJ. I care if Doncic will be better. Because 80% of the fans want him, without all the insider information the FO has. To me, it’s clear Doncic is a generational talent and it’s crazy not to pick him. If they are sure of what they are doing great, but if they fail there will be no excuses for me.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Save my resignation speech away. If they're wrong, I'm done. I've already walked away once post-DMC, and I'll do it again. The incompetence is painful.

I hope I'm wrong. I really really really do. There's very little reason to trust these guys though. :(

I'll say I wanted Doncic, but my top 3 were honestly all so close, that I could convince myself that any of Ayton/Doncic/Bagley should go #1 in this draft. Thinking a lot of Kings fans bought into the Luka hype watching a couple youtube videos and not any real game-tape while ignoring the fact that Bagley is an insanely impressive prospect that we're pretty lucky to even be in contention for in the first place.

Here's what Kings fans SHOULD know about Bagley:

-Statistically, he was flat out dominant for a college player, much less being a freshman. something we hadn't seen since AD playing against good competition. That is a major plus.

-The athleticism and lateral quickness is for real. He'll walk into the NBA instantly as one of the most athletic bigs, which will help him adjust.

-His energy is infectious on the court, especially on the glass. The guy is absolutely relentless and will be an outstanding rebounder in the NBA. He's a player who immediately jumps out at you as making an impact when watching him play. The work ethic and motor are exactly what you want to see and gives me a lot of confidence he can improve on his deficiencies. He doesn't take games or plays off.

-He's not some uber raw prospect who's only an athlete. He's an extremely skilled big who can finish above the rim, good touch around the rim, and a good face-up game and will be excellent in transition. He's faaaaaarrrrrrr ahead of where Trob was offensively coming out and 2 years younger. You can make the case that a quality post game or 15-foot face-up game doesn't mean much anymore in today's NBA, but it's a skill he'll have a significant edge on over most 4's and should be able to punish offensively.

-The Fox/Bagley PnR has the potential to absolutely just decimate teams. I just don't see how any defense has enough quickness to stay with them. Now if both can get the reliable little jumper? It's flat out just over.

-The shooting isn't a strength (yet), but he can hit them. He's got a good shooting form and he'll at the very least be enough of a threat to start out where teams can't just straight up ignore his 3 or his mid-range jumper.

-Defensively, he was not good. Just straight up late on a lot of missed rotations. But I'm going to trust in a guy who's got all the athleticism in the world and the work ethic and motor to figure it out. All rookies suck on defense anyway even if they're a "defensive uber prospect" as there's such a huge learning curve at trying to defend at the next level. I'm fine betting on a guy with Bagley's intangibles to figure it out to at least be adequate defensively, if not great at some point.

Seems like the Kings did their homework. Let’s hope they are correct. Vlade and Peja are betting their careers. We all hope they are correct. Now Bonga or Kulbocka(?) with 37!!

Status
Not open for further replies.