***The Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread***NO TWITTER SPOILERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be the number 1 choice in plenty of drafts.

I want Doncic at 2, and will admittedly be disappointed if he's not the choice, but Bagley is a big-time talent that people are not giving enough respect to.
Last three drafts:
KAT
Ben Simmons
Fultz

I'd put Bagley and Doncic over anybody from last year at this stage. Not for Simmons or KAT, but not far off. So yes, Doncic or Bagley is a very good haul overall.

Vlade was really inexperienced when he was hired. Maybe he's learning how to better control the story and deal with media to keep their real intentions from their competition.

The only thing that will make me feel ok about this, is that Doncic would end up in freaking Atlanta of all places.

I’m logging out and we will see what happens but i really really want Luka

I pray Vlade and Peja aren’t turning away from Luka just for the simple fact that everyone is assuming they’re in love with the guy because he’s European

“Oh they think we’re only picking him for this reason? hmmm let’s shock everyone and prove me wrong”!

ugh

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Apparently journalists have agreed not to break the picks before they happen this year. Let's hope it works. And if it doesn't, I'd like to suggest instant one-day bans for anyone who post spoilers...

Every year people do it despite being warned in advance not to. Like the child who just can't help himself.
I don't want to issue any threats but I'm gonna be in this thread and I will not be happy if someone decided to break our unwritten rule. And you know the old saying about "If VF21 ain't happy..." :p

Seriously? At least we don't have to wait through a bunch of picks before ours. That will make it somewhat easier.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I pray Vlade and Peja aren’t turning away from Luka just for the simple fact that everyone is assuming they’re in love with the guy because he’s European

“Oh they think we’re only picking him for this reason? hmmm let’s shock everyone and prove me wrong”!

ugh
That's not fair to either Vlade or Peja. They would not do that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
*sigh* indeed.

I just don’t get it, I’m sorry. Is there a chance these writers are all wrong? Who the hell confirmed this in our front office??
There's no way anyone in the front office confirmed anything. That's not how it works.

Bottom line that I wish fans would remember is no matter which player we get, we're getting an incredible talent. We could still be drafting #7 and our discussion wouldn't even involve either Bagley or Doncic. This is so frustrating to me. Why not just root for your favorite but then support whichever player actually steps onto the stage?

There's no way anyone in the front office confirmed anything. That's not how it works.

Bottom line that I wish fans would remember is no matter which player we get, we're getting an incredible talent. We could still be drafting #7 and our discussion wouldn't even involve either Bagley or Doncic. This is so frustrating to me. Why not just root for your favorite but then support whichever player actually steps onto the stage?
I think if the ownership and front office had a history of making good decisions then people would do as you suggest but so far Vlade and especially Vivek have not proven to have a very good track record. One thing is for sure too if Vlade is wrong on this pick (whoever it is) then he needs to be fired. We'll have a pretty good idea next spring but he absolutely cannot afford to be wrong or even kinda wrong on this pick.

Quick question regarding the schedule, but when exactly do they usually start the first pick? 4:30? Earlier/later? Anybody?

I just don't want to tune in too early and take on more ESPN nonsense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Quick question regarding the schedule, but when exactly do they usually start the first pick? 4:30? Earlier/later? Anybody?

I just don't want to tune in too early and take on more ESPN nonsense.
For obvious reasons, they don't announce when the first pick will be announced but as I said earlier, last year the first pick went on the clock at 4:30.

For obvious reasons, they don't announce when the first pick will be announced but as I said earlier, last year the first pick went on the clock at 4:30.
Thank you. And I understand. Just want to make sure I only tune in roughly 5+/- minutes before the draft so I avoid all those ESPN seasoned panelists and draft experts in-depth analysis. :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PLEASE NOTE: I've created a separate "OFFICIAL premature reaction thread" for all of you who seem to think our pick has already been announced. Maybe just post there instead of spreading it throughout a bunch of different threads? Thanks.

David Pick just tweeted that Doncic will be a Hawk... he is a pretty good European source.

I'm gonna try to to get my hopes up and chat with my friend who is a Knicks fan, who is really good at breaking down the players especially college.

I hope he can talk me in to why Bagley is the guy.

Only positive right now about him from me, it looks like he wants to be in Sacramento and it's a big + from me... just like last year Fox.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
David Pick just tweeted that Doncic will be a Hawk... he is a pretty good European source.

I'm gonna try to to get my hopes up and chat with my friend who is a Knicks fan, who is really good at breaking down the players especially college.

I hope he can talk me in to why Bagley is the guy.

Only positive right now about him from me, it looks like he wants to be in Sacramento and it's a big + from me... just like last year Fox.
And none of them know crap. Every single stupid sports "journalist" is tossing names out right now, not because they know anything differently than anyone else but because they don't want to admit they don't know. NO LEAKS have come out of the Kings front office. Why not wait until the name is actually announced to have this discussion? We'll be starting new threads once the pick is announced.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Question, since reports are Vlade wants Bagley like you, while ownership and fans are for Doncic....does this change your opinion of Vlade in a positive way?
And other reports are the Vivek was the one driving Bagley and has left it up to Vlade. I swear. I think these reporters are just making stuff up because nobody is ever going to hold anyone accountable.

That idiot nearly destroyed Sean Miller and Ayton on a story that was quickly proven questionable and no accountability. Same with dozens of other sensationalist pieces in other sports. The whole deflategate thing started with an outright lie/falsehood by Chris Mortensen.

We complain about mainstream journalism and sports journalism is at an even lower level.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just my opinion. This draft will literally make or break a significant portion of the fan base. We need to get the pick 100% correct this time or the next 10 years is gonna be garbage again.
I'm still broken from the DMC trade. I didn't watch much Kings ball last year... but this pick brought me back in 100%.

They screw it up, and I'm out. I can't take any more incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.