The NFL Discussion Thread - 2011/12

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What I would like to know is who in their right mind would schedule a Monday Night Football game of the Rams & Seahawks for the whole U.S. to see....I mean what was going on in the schedule makers head on that day? 0_o Come to think of it...the last 4 or 5 MNF games have been some of the worst selections I have seen so far.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Well they did battle it out for the division championship last season. I have no clue really, but this week was filled with games that didn't really stand out.

Also, Monday night is no longer considered the marquee match, that would be Sunday nights now.

Yup, I keep trying to explain to people that Sunday nights are now the real prime time games. Seems like some people are slowly coming around to realize lol

kingsboi said:
What I would like to know is who in their right mind would schedule a Monday Night Football game of the Rams & Seahawks for the whole U.S. to see....I mean what was going on in the schedule makers head on that day? 0_o Come to think of it...the last 4 or 5 MNF games have been some of the worst selections I have seen so far.
The schedule was made before the season started. This was week 14 and the Rams and Seahawks were two of the best teams in the NFC West last season

Last edited:
That, and only the Sunday night games are allowed to "flex". So they can't really change it once they realize a few weeks in that it will be a bad matchup.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
And flex is only in the last 6 weeks of the season and there are a ton of restrictions, NBC wanted Denver and NE next week but CBS (and perhaps the Pats) refused.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
For the first time I can remember when both have had winning records I am not at all conflicted over which of my favorite teams I'll be rooting for.

But as always my main fear/hope is for no injuries. Still not sold on Tebow but that defense could eat Brady alive. Massive pass rush and a top 10 corner. Luckily the other guy is not so good. Might be a good day for Ochocinco to show up.